10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post

LC will definitely nerf it. She loves big blobs of enemies. inc 500 dmg Q's.
    I think that's why we don't see cancer lancer that much. Having so many units near tower is too dangerous *cough*shaker*cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Not really. Towers are taken by Rhasta's wards and DP's ghosts, and those don't count towards the damage multiplier. If Deathball was counterable by stuff such as her Q, Earthshaker would already be doing it.
    ES is already banned for exactly that reason. Overwhelming Odds will hit for almost 500 damage if it tags 4 creeps and 3 heroes... not terribly hard to do since deathballs have a tendency to bunch up. As mentioned earlier, DP basically isn't used and Rhasta wards are easily handled by counterpicking Rhasta.

LC is more relevant because I think she'll often be played as a semi-support, almost like an Abbadon that's given some farm priority. Her W removes buffs just like Aphotic Shield does, heals the target over a few seconds, and gives a massive boost to IAS. Fucking love LC, really hope she gets added to CM soon. She's really good in lane, does solid damage without needing many items if you sneak in duels at the right time, and is in general just a really useful, versatile hero. I think her being added will change things up significantly.

Phoenix will be another hero that shakes things up a lot, I think.

Cheaper buybacks or reducing the cooldown on Glyph would nerf it to a certain extent.
    I don't think any changes like that need to take place. I don't think deathball is overpowered or unstoppable, people just aren't practicing/using counters to it. There are a lot of very strong heroes that will perform very well against deathball playstyles that aren't getting used.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I think that's why we don't see cancer lancer that much. Having so many units near tower is too dangerous *cough*shaker*cough*
    Can just ban ES. PL isn't popular right now because he needs a significant amount of farm before he can start contributing to fights. If you draft PL against a push-heavy lineup, they're gonna be threatening t3's before PL has much more than, like, treads+bracer+diffusal.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    LC in no way is similar to abaddon. Her W isn't as spammy as Abaddons' (13 seconds vs 6 seconds iirc). She can't suicide, Abaddons' heal is much more reliable (but to be fair worse on laning phase). She is not as survivable as Abaddon and she has opportunity to feed enemy if counterpicked. She has a waveclear, snowball potential, she can turn away siege but she is not comparable to Abaddon, it's just different roles. Making your whole team in teamfight much more tankier and survivable and being able to survive at least 3-5 seconds in fight helps him a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Can just ban ES. PL isn't popular right now because he needs a significant amount of farm before he can start contributing to fights. If you draft PL against a push-heavy lineup, they're gonna be threatening t3's before PL has much more than, like, treads+bracer+diffusal.
    Yeah and all this "ohh, can't hit anything won't have any illusions and will be useless". I personally don't like PL, i used to play him a lot in Garena times (with Broodmother player friend on lane just for 600 nukes at level 7). Also Dusa is quite good pick against PL, doesn't she removes all illusions in front of her when she ults?

Oh wow someone please congrats me on my first fucking abandon in dota 2 because of fucking outage, haven't had any problems with electricity neither on my or city side for like, 10 years, and now it happened right on 5th minute of the game. So fucking annoying.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-08-10 at 08:42 AM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Yeah and all this "ohh, can't hit anything won't have any illusions and will be useless". I personally don't like PL, i used to play him a lot in Garena times (with Broodmother player friend on lane just for 600 nukes at level 7). Also Dusa is quite good pick against PL, doesn't she removes all illusions in front of her when she ults?
    Seems like it's only if they actually get petrified, so they'd have to stare at her long enough.

At least, that's what it seems like going by the wiki.

Deleted
    LC is mediocre pub hero at best and wont be used competitively until they completely rework her

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frud View Post
    LC is mediocre pub hero at best and wont be used competitively until they completely rework her
    Sure, if you jungle her and don't max her Q, she's a fucking terrible hero. Play her mid or offlane, however (or even in the safelane with the right draft), and she is an extremely strong hero.

The fact alone that her ult is a 5-second "fuck you lol" to absolutely anyone you use it on, never mind the rest of her skillset (and trust me, Overwhelming Odds is unbelievably strong) ensures that she will see competitive play, at least as a niche pick to counter certain drafts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Sure, if you jungle her and don't max her Q, she's a fucking terrible hero. Play her mid or offlane, however (or even in the safelane with the right draft), and she is an extremely strong hero.

The fact alone that her ult is a 5-second "fuck you lol" to absolutely anyone you use it on, never mind the rest of her skillset (and trust me, Overwhelming Odds is unbelievably strong) ensures that she will see competitive play, at least as a niche pick to counter certain drafts.
    I rarely seen duel being up for full duration, it's more like 1-2 seconds "lemme grab this free damage", or "lol u gankd"

10+ Year Old Account
    LC in no way is similar to abaddon. Her W isn't as spammy as Abaddons' (13 seconds vs 6 seconds iirc). She can't suicide, Abaddons' heal is much more reliable (but to be fair worse on laning phase). She is not as survivable as Abaddon and she has opportunity to feed enemy if counterpicked. She has a waveclear, snowball potential, she can turn away siege but she is not comparable to Abaddon, it's just different roles. Making your whole team in teamfight much more tankier and survivable and being able to survive at least 3-5 seconds in fight helps him a lot.
    I didn't mean to say they fill the same roles, but that you could use LC in place of Abbadon in the event that you need a way to cure Fiend's Grip, Rexxar shout, etc.

Oh wow someone please congrats me on my first fucking abandon in dota 2 because of fucking outage, haven't had any problems with electricity neither on my or city side for like, 10 years, and now it happened right on 5th minute of the game. So fucking annoying.
    PL is really annoying to play against but there are much better heroes, IMO. If I wanted a hero that had limited teamfight contribution until 30 minutes in, Dusa would be my choice, because if she hasn't been sat on constantly, she will wreck entire teams after 30 minutes of farming in a way that no other hero can touch.

I'm kind of surprised there's been no Dusa love. Her ulti is super good now.

- - - Updated - - -

I rarely seen duel being up for full duration, it's more like 1-2 seconds "lemme grab this free damage", or "lol u gankd"
    Pretty much. LC usually gets played one of two ways... either as an Axe-like ganker/initiator with blink+blademail, or like a traditional STR carry. I think blinker is wasted gold on her, but I could see getting one vs a tinker, profit, etc just to guarantee you can turn them into free gold when they try to split.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Dusa wont see play with her movement speed.

There was a game with a 3 rapier dusa in competitive few months ago after patch and she couldnt do ANYTHING becouse at that speed it was playing catch me if you can while the team killed her party to aproach solo dusa afterwards.

Some heroes would have some love if there was a hero that would boost movement speed to your party ... apart from cent that lasts way too short. Or more movement slow heroes. Omni doesnt cut it with that little range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drums? 10 chars

Deleted
    Killing her is usually pretty effective at slowing her down. Your options are pretty much either instagib her or don't fight into her ult, depending on what's available to your team.

I never saw much of anything impressive out of DP in TI4. I remember Dendi feeding like crazy while playing DP, though. Her ulti isn't even particularly impressive until close to lvl 11 or so, either; lvl 6 ulti with one point in Witchcraft is, like, six or seven ghosts. Barely does any damage at all, and it's not like she has the HP or armor to tank any damage that early on. Her only real relevance early on is Crypt Swarm spam, and I guess her AOE silence.
    Dendi played like shit though on that hero and Na'Vi had no clue how to play push strats or draft them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    Some heroes would have some love if there was a hero that would boost movement speed to your party ... apart from cent that lasts way too short. Or more movement slow heroes. Omni doesnt cut it with that little range.

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Drums? 10 chars
    Yeah, right. Its not enough. Fun part, the team that had medusa in that match, built like 4 !!! FORCE STAFFS just to stop opposing team from kiting dusa. Guess, it didnt work at all. It was still catch me if you can while your team just died. It was hilarious match. I think I posted it somewhere in the tread as worth seeing.
    Build a team around dusa. That doesnt blow up while she is kited. This is a challange. Veiled +

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, right. Its not enough. Fun part, the team that had medusa in that match, built like 4 !!! FORCE STAFFS just to stop opposing team from kiting dusa. Guess, it didnt work at all. It was still catch me if you can while your team just died. It was hilarious match. I think I posted it somewhere in the tread as worth seeing.
    Build a team around dusa. That doesnt blow up while she is kited. This is a challange. Veiled +
    That's why you get travels on Dusa and your team always has Drums. Also, she is not slowest hero in the game (same or faster than Doom, Sniper, CM, Lion, Invoker, Rhasta, Viper, Rubick just to name few), i don't get all this "kite" thing, if someone runs away from you, pick someone who is closer, that's all Dusa is about, she doesn't care who she is targeting, everything melts down at 50 minute mark. Before 50 minute everything is irrelevant. Also, Dusa often gets S&Y or Skadi as part of her build, and now i definitely don't get how someone can "kite" Dusa with Travels and Skadi (and storm spirit balling away to fountain doesn't count).

And if you really want to chase someone down: Curse of avernus, Track, Drums, Swiftness aura (SB), Kobold taskmaster (eaten by Doom or dominated by helm/chen/enchantress), Surge, BoT, plenty of ways to keep enemies in place like black hole, chaotic offering + upheaval, overgrowth, ravage, even single target ones will work, i seriously don't understand your issue of Dusa not being able to catch up someone in a teamfight (except as i already mentioned, storm spirit)
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-08-10 at 01:52 PM.

Its not like you can say, we drafted around medusa to rune liek a racecar when enemy already raced your throne.

You forget that even if you draft around Dusa for late game and/or runspeed, you need to survive till late mid game...

Quote Originally Posted by Gharld View Post
    Its kind of a shame that FV won the remodel. I mean he could use it a bit I guess, but looking at Zeus, Undying, Jakiro, AA (dem derp fingers), and to some extent Slardar...yea no.

Arcana is w/e, that shits just a popularity contest. Least Pudge, Mirana, or Invoker didn't win
    I love Zeus and Undying models though.

- - - Updated - - -

LC is amazing when you lane her and max Q. At level six you should have something like 3Q 1W 1E 1R or 3Q 2W 0E 1R. If you pick her to do some jungle, then yeah she will be pretty useless for most of the game since you have to take more E and W just to farm there. If you can hit 2 heros and a creep wave with Q, it's pretty crazy damage at such low level. Not to mention with a blink she can counter certain rat heroes.

There was a game with a 3 rapier dusa in competitive few months ago after patch and she couldnt do ANYTHING becouse at that speed it was playing catch me if you can while the team killed her party to aproach solo dusa afterwards.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-RzdeknVr0

That one?

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    I love Zeus and Undying models though.
    Zeus looks like a bad Mario cosplayer though.

Deleted
    LC has shit lane presence, needs to snowball fast to even be useful, its a waste to let her farm beyond the initial dagger/treads and her ulti is just an inferior beastmaster ulti that can backfire pretty hard

LC has shit lane presence, needs to snowball fast to even be useful, its a waste to let her farm beyond the initial dagger/treads and her ulti is just an inferior beastmaster ulti that can backfire pretty hard
    I wouldn't even compare it to Beastmaster's ult at all...maybe Bane's because both remove one person from a teamfight at the cost of you.

Also not sure how it would be a waste to not let her farm, an LC going around with just Treads and Blink isn't gonna get much accomplished unless you're constantly winning duels on CD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Also not sure how it would be a waste to not let her farm, an LC going around with just Treads and Blink isn't gonna get much accomplished unless you're constantly winning duels on CD.
    What's the point of going Treads/Blink if you're not planning to win duels?