Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I wouldnt say huskar is shit. He can potentially dominate the early game.

And you don't always just blow his ult so they can set you up like that Pizza. Saving it for when you have a numbers advantage or when they have to run. Then you use it. His auto attack + stacking flame damage with life steal is more than enough without using the ult.
    You really are bad at determining ranges if huskar can just right click you 1v1 without jumping on you for the slow. Not only his is run speed bad, his range is also bad. Those are prediction of international, it doesent matter how easy it is to pub stomp. Look i play huskar in pubs too, i can roll my face and win games with the best of them. Im just not oblivious to that fact that in an actually game with with competent enemy, the only good thing about huskar is IRRELEVANT.

If there is one time im gona agree with Pizza, once in my entire life, its now. Huskar is situational junk for competitive. He like just 2-3 notches above OD, on the scale. You can mark my words now, he wont be picked more then 5 times the entire tournament. He will be as meaningless as Doom for the entire tournament.

Yeah bloodseeker is a good counter to huskar for sure. Not only the low health proc but huskar kinda needs mobility. Thats why I said earlier on hes a situational pick. If they have a magic heavy line up with no phyiscal and you get to last pick. He can stomp. Pick him early and let people get counters up and its going to be a tough match.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    You really are bad at determining ranges if huskar can just right click you 1v1 without jumping on you for the slow. Not only his is run speed bad, his range is also bad. Those are prediction of international, it doesent matter how easy it is to pub stomp. Look i play huskar in pubs too, i can roll my face and win games with the best of them. Im just not oblivious to that fact that in an actually game with with competent enemy, the only good thing about huskar is IRRELEVANT.

If there is one time im gona agree with Pizza, once in my entire life, its now. Huskar is situational junk for competitive. He like just 2-3 notches above OD, on the scale. You can mark my words now, he wont be picked more then 5 times the entire tournament. He will be as meaningless as Doom for the entire tournament.
    Ohok my bad didnt know you played at TI level. Ill go back to my dirty corner with the other non professionals.

Why are you 1v1ing anyway?

Ideally you would be ganking with a dazzle. Who can slow them, give you 6 more secs at max attack speed. and gives you armor. Oh and heals. Or how about with a tusk? do i need to explain why with that combo as well?
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2015-07-17 at 11:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I just don't see the item progression outscaling him so hard when he's putting up good fights prior to them getting these items.
    Oh, yeah, Huskar would destroy them in early fights, but who cares? They farm way faster than he does, they can just sacrifice t1's while they farm and then shit on Huskar when they're +2 items over him because he can't farm for shit.

also nobodies gonna pick huskar against a sf. He would be one of the few must-bans if you're gonna pick huskar.
    Instabans if you want to pick Huskar:

- VS (armor pierce, stun, swaps you away from whoever you just jumped on)

- Rexxar (BKB piercing slows, BKB piercing stun, physical damage nukes)

- Bristleback (physical damage nukes, armor pierce, will just instantly turn around if you jump at him and you'll lose that trade, will destroy Huskar in lane)

- Timbersaw (pure damage nukes, nuke that reduces primary stat by 15%, will kite Huskar in circles, will destroy Huskar in lane)

- Dirge (drains STR constantly, zombies will destroy Huskar, Huskar can't use spears vs Tombstone and Huskar's actual physical damage is very weak)

- PA (will destroy Huskar in manfights due to evasion and crits, can buy Bfury to dramatically outfarm Huskar, forces Huskar to buy MKB to fight her which is very difficult for him to handle)

- Omniknight (value point in Repel removes Burning Spears from the game, Purification will obliterate Huskar if timed properly, Degen Aura ignores BKB and makes kiting Huskar very easy)

- Axe (Huskar jumps on someone, Axe taunts Huskar, Axe dunks Huskar)

- Dazzle (Huskar jumps on someone, Dazzle graves them, Huskar is sad, also has physical damage nukes and armor pierce)

- Sniper (Huskar will never get close enough to jump on Sniper and Sniper will ruin him if he doesn't)

- OD (pure damage spam, imprisonment saves himself or teammates from jumps, Huskar is stupid and will almost instantly die to OD ulti unless he's already low on health)

- Bloodseeker (wins manfights due to Thirst, both nukes are pure damage, a Ruptured Huskar is either a free kill or utterly ignored while BS's team murders Huskar's team, Huskar will have BS in a permanent Sanic state)
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

The thing people aren't understand is that huskar is a last pick, which isn't surprising because carries are commonly picked last.

If you don't have one of these few hard counters to the hero, then you're going to be really disadvantaged.

I will bet any amount of money that huskar gets more than 5 picks/bans in ti5.

Low blow calling him a doom... Huskar will perceiver.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account

Shit, Doomy's more relevant than Huskar. Doom is still a phenomenal ability at least.

And yeah, Huskar is stupidly easy to kite. I end up getting Phase Boots in all of my games just because you're so fucking slow. I almost think it'd be better to do a Sanic build Naix-style with SnY+Phase Boots instead of Armlet just so you don't get kited in circles all fucking game.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing people aren't understand is that huskar is a last pick, which isn't surprising because carries are commonly picked last.

If you don't have one of these few hard counters to the hero, then you're going to be really disadvantaged.

I will bet any amount of money that huskar gets more than 5 picks/bans in ti5.

Low blow calling him a doom... Huskar will perceiver.
    Not really. You're dramatically underselling the drafting skills of top-tier teams like EG and Secret, they aren't going to leave a hole like that in their drafts and not be able to deal with it.

A surprise Huskar would probably work wonders for taking a game off of lower-tier teams though, sure.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Oh wow lol. So they aren't going to leave a hole like that, yet when ppd drafted huskar a few weeks ago, he didn't ban a single counter hero that you have mentioned?

I think I'm much more familiar with drafting than you appear to be.

c9 must be a low tier team since they got stomped by HRs huskar and C9 even had a SF.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2015-07-17 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post

Not really. You're dramatically underselling the drafting skills of top-tier teams like EG and Secret, they aren't going to leave a hole like that in their drafts and not be able to deal with it.

A surprise Huskar would probably work wonders for taking a game off of lower-tier teams though, sure.
    This I agree with. I didnt realise we were specifically talking about TI. Thought we were talking about the hero in general. Who is a proven pub stomper time and time again.

This I agree with. I didnt realise we were specifically talking about TI. Thought we were talking about the hero in general. Who is a proven pub stomper time and time again.
    Even as a pub stomper he can be easily stopped by decent stacks or a couple decent players on a pub. Hes Abbadon level pub stomp. The lower you go, the more overpowered he gets.

He slowly curves back into being a threat once you hit 5k

Even as a pub stomper he can be easily stopped by decent stacks or a couple decent players on a pub. Hes Abbadon level pub stomp. The lower you go, the more overpowered he gets.
    Yeah. In skilled hands hes still not one to underestimate. That fire damage stacks pretty darn quick.

Obviously by slowly, I mean rapidly

And by 5k I mean 4k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow lol. So they aren't going to leave a hole like that, yet when ppd drafted huskar a few weeks ago, he didn't ban a single counter hero that you have mentioned?

I think I'm much more familiar with drafting than you appear to be.

c9 must be a low tier team since they got stomped by HRs huskar and C9 even had a SF.
    C9 are the poster children for "second place first losers." Their team is too reliant on EE, and EE is too vulnerable to tilting when things aren't going smoothly. They also built their SF typical blinker cheatstick build instead of right-click with points in aura.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. In skilled hands hes still not one to underestimate. That fire damage stacks pretty darn quick.
    Repel. Aphotic Shield. Press the Attack.

etc

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    'meaningful impact' is too vague to make it interesting
    Not sure what kind of pick/ban rate I'd agree counts as significant use honestly. I'd have to see how the rest of the picks line up.

And, oh yeah, another nerf to huskar in glimmer cape, the item that nerfed the hell out of magic damage in general all patch and made only ints with pure or physical damage relevant.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-07-18 at 01:12 AM.

To be fair only C9 could have lost that.

- - - Updated - - -

Prize pools are out.

1st: 6mil
    2nd: 2.6mil
    3rd: 2mil
    4th: 1.4mil
    5th - 6th: 1mil
    7th - 8th: 750k
    9th - 12th: 200k
    13th - 16th: 50k

Since there's 18 teams (+6 qualifiers), most will get at least 50k just for showing up. Man that would be sweet.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2015-07-18 at 02:35 AM.

Do pros not build life steal on Huskar? I mean, granted this is my garbage ranking level, but I considered it a bit too much that the less hp huskar has, the faster he attacks, so the more health he gets back on top of his own stupid heal.

You want lifesteal (hotd) for sustained farming and man fighting at low hp with flaming spears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like team secrets techies + tusk combo. Actually worked a treat.
    still waiting for tiny throwing techies with suicide on autocast
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    You want lifesteal (hotd) for sustained farming and man fighting at low hp with flaming spears.
    I've always wondered if lifesteal is really the best though. Huskar's physical damage is actually pretty awful and if you aren't fighting armlet negative regen, I'm not sure how critical lifesteal actually is.

Then again I feel like vlad's+deso is the go-to build for virtually every hero that wants to right-click right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I've always wondered if lifesteal is really the best though. Huskar's physical damage is actually pretty awful and if you aren't fighting armlet negative regen, I'm not sure how critical lifesteal actually is.

Then again I feel like vlad's+deso is the go-to build for virtually every hero that wants to right-click right now.
    his AS makes up for awful base damage, when you hit your target like 4 times per second at point blank range it won't really matter if your base damage is 30 less than other carries. Also, lifesteal + low health inner vit (which got buffed after nerf of burning spears?) works great at negating armlet negative heal. I also think that it's quite easy for Husk to fight magic damage dealers with simple cloak because of his passive magic resists
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-07-18 at 04:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I think it's pretty ideal, but I would only use hotd because of the armor it gives you. The core items would be armlet hotd treads. After that you build more armor like ac (plate mail alone with armlet hotd means you're rocking 30 armor, meaning PA crits you for like 100 dmg at around 20-30minutes regardless of her items. Same with any other right clickers), then bkb/heavens if the situation calls for it.

Hotd lets you clear jungle camps insanely fast without having to take the extra time to armlet toggle kite, then transitions into satanic later which is crucial on huskar.

Satanic won't top you off because husk doesn't build for damage. It'll keep you nice and low for the attack speed and magic res. Just stacking that fire damage.

It's an amazing survival item for when someone tries to pop you with silver edge (which by the way is removed by husk ult. Same with tinker blind. Same with most other magic debuffs. Silver edge is not a counter, it is a total gamble. Most the time if the huskar isn't retarded, you'll hear "Good job spending 5k gold on something huskar can instantly dispel").

AA, lina, qop, SF are the biggest reasonable threats that huskar has. And BS. Because he's BS.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2015-07-18 at 04:48 AM.