10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not looking forward to a higher PPI monitor anytime soon because it only means my framerates get slaughtered...performance at 1400p/1600p absolutely tanks with most cards/games.

Will most likely stick to 1080p 120hz for a while to come.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I'm not looking forward to a higher PPI monitor anytime soon because it only means my framerates get slaughtered...performance at 1400p/1600p absolutely tanks with most cards/games.

Will most likely stick to 1080p 120hz for a while to come.
    Yeah, I am not sure if amd/nvidia can keep up.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Yeah, I am not sure if amd/nvidia can keep up.
    many titans handle it? (SLI titan should do the trick @4k with medium settings perhaps?)
    im more pissed about the lack of 27" ips screens 1440p around here. (im using my primary screen for +- a decade! way too long if you ask me)

10+ Year Old Account
    I should've clarified, I meant performance at reasonable budgets :S

Multiple Titans (or even 2x680/7970) can definitely handle 4K (hell, people are doing 5760x1080)...but with Titan all notion of price/performance goes out the fucking window, and I am never going multi-GPU for gaming unless a miracle solution is found for stuttering and scaling.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    I can run most games on 2560x1440 high settings (provided they're optimized, YES STARCRAFT I'M LOOKING AT YOU.), shouldn't be too long until single mid-high range single cards can play 4K at reasonable FPS on high settings.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I should've clarified, I meant performance at reasonable budgets :S

Multiple Titans (or even 2x680/7970) can definitely handle 4K (hell, people are doing 5760x1080)...but with Titan all notion of price/performance goes out the fucking window, and I am never going multi-GPU for gaming unless a miracle solution is found for stuttering and scaling.

fair enough.
    tbh im already thinking of going perhaps 780 SLI if it's worth it compared to the titan. (but hey i got many hardware dreams, uncluding going to the 2011 socket and becoming a genuine bad ass air overclocker )
    for now i'll stick with my titan for a long while but i got the bad feeling that it's going to be a PITA to find another amazing clocking one like i got already. (1228 with modded bios is kinda overkill though )
    first things first , new monitor(s) for my setup. (likely somewhere in the summer if i manage to fix another job/manage to avoid summer school for failed exams)

Bah. Annoyed that none of the drivers past 310.90 are stable for me. I guess I'm not the only one with this problem after some lurking around overclock.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    more like what sounds awesome on good speakers
    I see. Well, then I misunderstood completely.

Does this contribution match up? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgAlQuqzl8o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post

thats pretty cool

this has a bit more of the wow factor on a set of monitors though, i just wish youtube could do FLAC audio
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhJNRNvSfx8

Are CDs the same audio quality as FLAC?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Are CDs the same audio quality as FLAC?
    FLAC are what you rip CDs into, to come as close to the quality with the minimum amount of loss due to compression possible.

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks for that

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, budget-phones need full-HD. How else am I going to watch my text?!
    In seriousness, the ppi-race on phones is ridiculous. Move it to monitors instead.
    CUTE. 8K res phones come!

---------- Post added 2013-04-15 at 11:10 PM ----------

FLAC are what you rip CDs into, to come as close to the quality with the minimum amount of loss due to compression possible.
    If you don't let the files compress at all though, you'll have some lovely .WAV files. ^_^
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    CUTE. 8K res phones come!

---------- Post added 2013-04-15 at 11:10 PM ----------

If you don't let the files compress at all though, you'll have some lovely .WAV files. ^_^
    4k Tablet! You will bow!

This looks like a little nice budget laptop that might actually play most games at good/high settings. Its sli but at it's price I am not sure anything could really match it. What do you guys think?

They had 650m models up(still available on newegg) but these look like they were just released, so am not sure how well 750m is, I think it is the same thing just clocked more.
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-04-16 at 12:34 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

This close to June, I'd wait for Haswell unless you absolutely can't wait.

That would help for power and heat (assumption), but eh, CPU is CPU.
    I'd wait as well. More importantly, I wouldn't really consider a gaming laptop. But as far as that goes, it looks neat.

Hey guys I'm thinking of grabbing a sound card and I got up to $100 to spend, any ideas on what to get? I'm thinking the ASUS one for 90 but just wanted to get opinions before ordering

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Hey guys I'm thinking of grabbing a sound card and I got up to $100 to spend, any ideas on what to get? I'm thinking the ASUS one for 90 but just wanted to get opinions before ordering
    I'm happy with my DGX (35 euros). I think the amount you spend on a sound card will depend on the headphones you are using.

True, this is what I am using for headphones. So I might get the DGX as it'll save me some money.