Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    True, this is what I am using for headphones. So I might get the DGX as it'll save me some money.
    Would recommend DSX over that one. Or better yet, DX

Yeah the DX is the one I was looking at originally and it seems like a solid sound card. Might as well invest into something good so I'll put the order in for the DX sometime this week when I order my friends gaming build he wants me to put together as well

15+ Year Old Account
    Soundblaster z is also not that bad.

Haswell-E is supposed to support ddr4, but I so enjoyed the good prices on ddr3 ram.....:/

Newegg randomly sent me some coupon codes that only work for me, interesting...
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-04-16 at 05:41 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

That's Haswell-E, not Haswell. Not quite the same

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    That's Haswell-E, not Haswell. Not quite the same
    It sounds like it is the super super high end cards, if so wouldn't the motherboards themselves have to support ddr4? So it would basically be like 2.0/3.0 pc-e were even if you have a 3.0 pci-e board but only have a sandy bridge it would only be 2.0pci-e. So if you did not have a haswell-e it would just be ddr3?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

If it truly did support DDR4, it would (likely) not support DDR3 at all.
    They have (had so far) different notches between iterations so they could not work since they're not compatible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the DX is the one I was looking at originally and it seems like a solid sound card. Might as well invest into something good so I'll put the order in for the DX sometime this week when I order my friends gaming build he wants me to put together as well
    If you have a free PCI slot, take the Xonar D1. It's basicly the DX but without the need of an extra power cable.

DX:
    http://images.bit-tech.net/content_i...xonar-dx4b.jpg
    D1:
    http://www.databyteshop.nl/productin...Xonar_D1_1.jpg

Same PCB (ofc extra controller chip for pci-e, but nothing major), no 4pin power connector.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-04-16 at 10:10 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd personally steer clear of the Xonar DX for anyone using headphones that require a headphone amp. The DX is fine for speakers, but that's it. Looking back, I thoroughly regret buying the DX, I mean really, $90 and I don't get a headphone amp? Yet they can put one on the DGX...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    I'm not sure I'd suggest any of the ASUS branded sound peripherals for above $120 or so. Most of what they offer is entry-level (except the Xonar One) with equivalent or better solutions available for those looking to spend a little above the $100 mark. The big sell is the features, like Dolby Headphone, which make them great for gamers and the fact that they are internal (convenience).

I'd probably suggest an ODAC as the next step up. I believe you can pick it up for just a few dollars ($80) if you can manage some DIY, otherwise it's $149.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I'd personally steer clear of the Xonar DX for anyone using headphones that require a headphone amp. The DX is fine for speakers, but that's it. Looking back, I thoroughly regret buying the DX, I mean really, $90 and I don't get a headphone amp? Yet they can put one on the DGX...
    Sound quality on speakers is superb though. But indeed, i have to max out the volume to get any sound out of my ASUS Vulcan.
    I have the D1 though, but i think it's the same (?).
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-04-16 at 05:06 PM.

So much better than TTL...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    She forgot how to studio lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    On the other hand, the Xonar DX has an audio chip. Which the DG/DGX do not. :P

I'd still call the Xonar Essence One entry-level; As far as external DACs, it seems pretty generic and low-end although the price is not.

@ protput, that's not hard to be! Yet I doubt I will start watching hers.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    I'm not sure I'd suggest any of the ASUS branded sound peripherals for above $120 or so. Most of what they offer is entry-level (except the Xonar One) with equivalent or better solutions available for those looking to spend a little above the $100 mark. The big sell is the features, like Dolby Headphone, which make them great for gamers and the fact that they are internal (convenience).

I'd probably suggest an ODAC as the next step up. I believe you can pick it up for just a few dollars ($80) if you can manage some DIY, otherwise it's $149.
    I'm interested in the DIY one, could you provide a link to what I would have to buy and do please?

Is TTL serious? His 900D review is longer than most MOVIES!

Sweclockers' one is short, sufficient and to the point. I intend to watch no others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post

Oh christ, can't understand a goddamn thing she's saying because all her words mush into each other -_-

And I'm someone who has zero issues understanding Yahtzee even at his most machine-gun-speech moments.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    I'm interested in the DIY one, could you provide a link to what I would have to buy and do please?
    http://www.jdslabs.com/storecat.php?fetchcat=4
    http://www.jdslabs.com/item.php?fetchitem=39

Should have all the parts you need. Second link is the assembled board.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Sweclockers' one is short, sufficient and to the point. I intend to watch no others.
    I agree. TTL goes in-depth, sure, but not 1 hour 41 minutes worth. I'd rather watch a movie.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Oh christ, can't understand a goddamn thing she's saying because all her words mush into each other -_-

And I'm someone who has zero issues understanding Yahtzee even at his most machine-gun-speech moments.
    Huh wha? I am still mesmerized by the accent, though I really could not really understand her either.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been told that for the money the Asus Xonar One is really not worth it, though for how it looks it sure grabs my attention, that's for sure. O_o
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water