Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    this thread is not meant for computer chat
    I beg your pardon but it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Welcome to the computer-forum chat thread.

This thread was created to offload the major threads in the Computer forum and hopefully reduce the amount of off-topic and spam posts. Feel free to chit-chat about anything related to computers or the "Computer" and "Computer Build / Upgrade Help" sections. Please note that this thread is located in Fun Stuff and that the rules and guidelines of that section applies to this thread (they can be found here).

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahah nice.. My new, IPS screen arrived yesterday and to it, I had bought an HDMI-cable. What I forgot about is that my GPU only has one HDMI-socket and I use HDMI on my other screen.

"Oh well, I guess I'll use HDMI on the new screen and change to DP on the other screen", I thought, "the new HDMI-cable fits perfectally amongst my LAN-cables."

The problem is that, whilst my GPU does support 2x DP, both sockets are mini-DP, so I'd have to buy an adapter.

Back to DVI...
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    I beg your pardon but it is.
    we have two whole forums for computer and computer build related questions, this thread is meant for the regular posters over there to chat, it does not have to be about computers

it was created so that we could chat without derailing topics over there

10+ Year Old Account
    Please stay on topic of Computer Chat, if you want to discuss general things go to the chat thread. Just because it's fun stuff doesn't mean you can spam. This is my first and final warning to everybody.
    I thought this thread was meant for things which were too offtopic for the Post Your Gaming Setup! thread?

Anyways..

$1950
    Intel Core i7-3610QM
    Kingston 8GB DDR3-1600
    Seagate Momentus XT 500GB (I'm throwing a 60GB SSD on it, if it has room for 2, but I think it does since it's a Sager OEM)
    Nvidia GeForce GTX670m
    3 Year extended warranty, I can throw it in the water & get a new, or drop it/get it stolen, cost $400 but with my experience with laptops it was worth it. (Capacitor on Asus N53SV fried out, still in repairshop after 6 months)

At first I was thinking of just getting a trinity APU laptop for school (Dreamweaver, Illustrator, HTML & Java), but I found out I needed a computer for when I go to Greenland every 6 months (20-40 days) & would help me a great deal everytime I went to Dreamhack, so I don't have to carry my 24" monitor & mini-itx case. (Dreamhack is every 6 months too.)

I also looked at the Asus G series, but they costed $400 more where I was just getting a 660M.

Quote Originally Posted by Cusco View Post
    Hahah nice.. My new, IPS screen arrived yesterday and to it, I had bought an HDMI-cable. What I forgot about is that my GPU only has one HDMI-socket and I use HDMI on my other screen.

"Oh well, I guess I'll use HDMI on the new screen and change to DP on the other screen", I thought, "the new HDMI-cable fits perfectally amongst my LAN-cables."

The problem is that, whilst my GPU does support 2x DP, both sockets are mini-DP, so I'd have to buy an adapter.

Back to DVI...
    I was kind of concerned with my 670 only having 2x DVI & a DP, but then I found out my main monitor can use DP :P
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-08-07 at 05:58 PM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

we have two whole forums for computer and computer build related questions, this thread is meant for the regular posters over there to chat, it does not have to be about computers

I discussed this with other moderators, it's fine for you to chat just try to avoid a complete spamfest which was where it was headed with some of the posts on the last page. (Which is why I stepped in to try to put the chat thread more on topic)

10+ Year Old Account
    if it's the same model as mine, it has room for a mSATA drive,

i setup mine with windows on the main 240GB ssd, and sabayon on the 80GB mSATA drive, it defaults to windows on a normal boot without showing GRUB

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

^^ It's horrible in the computer forums!

Even though this deserves being in a real thread:

Turned off GUI Boot and tweaked the BIOS to only give the one screen for 2 seconds and stuff. As you can see it's marginally faster but nothing ground-breaking.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    I discussed this with other moderators, it's fine for you to chat just try to avoid a complete spamfest which was where it was headed with some of the posts on the last page. (Which is why I stepped in to try to put the chat thread more on topic)
    I just read the previous page, I thought you meant the people above talking about computer stuff :P

if it's the same model as mine, it has room for a mSATA drive,

i setup mine with windows on the main 240GB ssd, and sabayon on the 80GB mSATA drive, it defaults to windows on a normal boot without showing GRUB
    Sweet, who needs a girlfriend anyways.

I do, even the guy with the most post counts in here has one. >.<
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cusco View Post

Back to DVI...
    Adapters are your FRANDZ!!!

---------- Post added 2012-08-07 at 06:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    I just read the previous page, I thought you meant the people above talking about computer stuff :P
    Still, it can be off-topic. Why would we need a bloody chat thread if off-topic were allowed in the main computer sections? /pointmade
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    one thing i would add, a few posts making fun of ourselves does not mean it's going to turn into a spamfest, we tend to self moderate very well, i won't say that it won't happen again, but it does not mean the thread is derailing out of control

---------- Post added 2012-08-07 at 12:12 PM ----------

mine's an astrophysicist :P

10+ Year Old Account

I do, even the guy with the most post counts in here has one. >.<
    lololol

vesseblah has more than me, so we can't be sure. But yeah, he's never posted in this specific special thread, so.

one thing i would add, a few posts making fun of ourselves does not mean it's going to turn into a spamfest, we tend to self moderate very well, i won't say that it won't happen again, but it does not mean the thread is derailing out of control
    ............... are you sure?

................ WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

"A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    i never got why people liked that game so much, if you want to be sadistic, play GTA4

same thing with that train simulator on steam, over $2k in DLC? WTF!

click the "see all" on the DLC, and scroll to the bottom:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/24..._7_suggest__13
    Last edited by Cyanotical; 2012-08-07 at 06:25 PM. Reason: had to check some numbers, more wtf

I wish it was DLC. It's literally just a bunch of trains.

10+ Year Old Account
    i never got why people liked that game so much, if you want to be sadistic, play GTA4

same thing with that train simulator on steam, over $2k in DLC? WTF!

click the "see all" on the DLC, and scroll to the bottom:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/24..._7_suggest__13

What in the literal fuck? O.o

I personally have always been and always will be a Roller Coaster Tycoon nerd.

If you hate.... MY HAND SHALL BE FORCED!!!

---------- Post added 2012-08-07 at 06:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I wish it was DLC. It's literally just a bunch of trains.
    lols train nerd alert! Train nerd alert!!
    "A flower.

Back to DVI...
    Guess what I did :P Bought a 24 inch Samsung led screen when it was in promotion, went and got a HDMI cable (30 euro Audioquest ones because they didn't have any other, and I couldn't be arsed to go to another store 20 minutes further.) Get home, check the screen, doesn't have an HDMI input. Needless to say I raged and returned the cable

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

What in the literal fuck? O.o

I personally have always been and always will be a Roller Coaster Tycoon nerd.

If you hate.... MY HAND SHALL BE FORCED!!!

---------- Post added 2012-08-07 at 06:27 PM ----------

lols train nerd alert! Train nerd alert!!
    I have:

Microsoft Train Simulator (with multiple plugins, and with a self-designed track!)
    Microsoft Flight Simulator (with multiple plugins and hi-def scenery)
    Another Train Simulator (more for setting up working train lines, with working signals, automatic points depending on the train's destination etc)
    And of course every Sim City release

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got my little award up for First Place in Features, Division II, for the 2011 Awards for Excellence in Illinois Community College Newspapers. Randomly got this in the mail a bit over a month ago, was like, whoa, wtf?

"A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Finally got my little award up for First Place in Features, Division II, for the 2011 Awards for Excellence in Illinois Community College Newspapers. Randomly got this in the mail a bit over a month ago, was like, whoa, wtf?

Classy cable management right there :P

Edit: holy hell chrome tabs!
    Last edited by protput; 2012-08-07 at 08:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    eh that cable is just for a spotlight for my drumset that I haven't used in ages. I really need to redo it and get it setup so I can use it again though!
    "A flower.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    n.n I had to get a new heat sink due to my computer having a flawed heat sink and... I kinda wiped off the thermal paste but I'm kinda scared of installing the new one

/cries