Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    basically all fire starters.

all fire starters were useful for a long time. except for when i was able to catch a houndoom instead ^^

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems that we can choose any evolutionary stage, so here goes!

1. Venesaur
    2. Bayleef
    3. Sceptile
    4. Torterra (wins by default)
    5. Samurott

Gen 1: Squirtle
    Gen 2: Totodile
    Gen 3: Treecko
    Gen 4: Turtwig
    Gen 5: Tepig (I dislike Emboar though)
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

10+ Year Old Account
    Charmander
    Chikorita
    Treeko
    Piplup
    Oshawott
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I only am aware of the first 2 cause thats all I played and technically I had the yellow version so I had Pickachu and in Ruby I used Torchick

Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic. Played Pokemon as a kid and fire was the thing for me. Would likely change nowadays but I don't play Pokemon anymore so can't say.

1st: None
    2nd: Totodile
    3rd: Treeko
    4th: Piplup
    5th: Oshawatt
    I rarely end up using starters past about the 4th gym though because they're all so replaceable stat/type-wise with the exception of Infernape who is pretty OP.
    Favorite pokemon overall: Sneasel, Breloom, Flygon, Absol, Aggron, Ninetales, Chandelure

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Always went Fire. They generally have the most staying power and are generally faster.

My strat is to pick Charmander and only use him in the first generation. Don't even need to use another Pokemon because a level 75-80 Charizard sweeps everything in Red/Blue or Fire Red/Leaf Green!

I like Totodile though!

15+ Year Old Account
    Gen 1: Charmander
    Gen 2: Cyndaquil
    Gen 3: Torchic
    Gen 4: Turtwig
    Gen 5: Oshawott

I love fire type's and Charizard, Blaziken and Typhlosion where realy great with Typhlosion beeing my all time favorite its sad ash's Cyndaquil never made it too that stage
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Deleted
    Gen 1: Charizard (It's also my favorite Pokémon overall)
    Gen 2: Typhlosion
    Gen 3: Swampert
    Gen 4: Torterra (Even though I don't really like any of those starters)
    Gen 5: Emboar (Don't really care for these starters either)

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Gen 1 : Charizard, which also happens to be my favorite pokemon.
    gen 2 : Typhlosion
    gen 3 : Blaziken.
    gen 4 : Infernape, but gen 4 had the "weakest" starters in my opinion.
    gen 5 : Snivy,
    Just look at him :

He isen't just the best of the 3 starters, he knows he's the best of the 3 starters.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I only am aware of the first 2 cause thats all I played and technically I had the yellow version so I had Pickachu and in Ruby I used Torchick
    Obviously you didn't play the first 2, you played Yellow and Ruby, Yellow is part of gen 1 and Ruby is gen 3, so technically you played the first and the third.

1: Bulbasaur
    2: First one I used was Chikorita. But my favorite is Cyndaquil.
    3: Treeko
    4: I have never liked the fourth generation. It was kinda... bleh. Favorite? Piplup.
    5: Started loving it again when fifth hit. Favorite: Snivy.

Short summarization: I tend to use grass pokemon because it's faceroll once they learn absorb, and then mega drain.
    Besides, they are quite sturdy overall.

Deleted
    Its a long time since ive played, so im a bit week in the names, guess ill look them up :0

1: I cant pick a favorite here, they are all awesome, in all 3 stages
    2: Have to go with Chikorita, was my starter in my first pokemon game, mostly because all my friends had one of the 2 others, also became my first level 100 (as Meganium). i liked them all in their basic form, but their next forms doesnt compare to the Gen 1 starters.
    3: Torchic, because its the only one that stays cool at all 3 stages. But once again, all the 3 starters are nice looking.
    4: I think they are all a bit meh here, guess id go with Turtwig, played the game with Piplup, but at about level 50 with him, i started disliking it, and Chimchar just felt like a Torchic V2.0
    5: In the basic forms, Oshawott is my favorite, but he just turns ugly in his next phases, really regreted picking it in my game, tho i could say the same for the 2 others, but again, if i had to pick one, it would be Tepig.

I dont think the pokemons will ever be as cool as in the first generation (maybe its mostly a nostagia thing :/), but atleast the 5th gen game was a lot better than 3rd and 4th (the non remakes), atleast thats how i felt

Gen1: Bulbasaur (even if I used Charmander for most of my walktroughs back then)
    Gen2: Cyndaquil
    Gen3: Mudkip (but they were all quite useful imho)
    Gen4: Chimchar
    Gen5: Oshawott (but they were all more on the useless side of power, the water one was the best HM slave though)
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Emboar reminds me of a badass old time Japanese General, why so much hate on him?

Charmander.

I don't consider the other "generations" to be pokemon due to their unimaginative designs and names, as a result I know nothing about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Charmander.

I don't consider the other "generations" to be pokemon due to their unimaginative designs and names, as a result I know nothing about them.
    Man I know, Voltorb is possibly the most unimginative Pokemon I've ever seen!...Wait, that's Gen 1...

Traitors

I'm sad by reading here..

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Charmander.

It's funny cause they are no less imaginative than G1 pokemon. Cause, you know, G1 was absolutely perfect. Like the birds. The bugs. The pokeball. The magnet. The blob. The other blob. The other blob. The turtle. The lizard. The snake. The shrew that's not just any shrew, but one that lives in the sand. The mole. The dog. The horse. The cat......