Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Pandaren Mount - Cloud Serpent

I'm surprised no one mention this. What does anyone think of Pandaren having a Cloud Serpent as a mount? In my opinion, it's quite ridiculous. Try imagining a plump Pandaren riding on the skinny flying serpent. I'm disappointed.

I think its very fitting and cool, i hope its scaled to the panda. But in my opinion, its pretty cool.

Screw pandas, I don't care how THEY look as long as I get one for all my draeneis

We haven't seen it yet so don't diss it beforehand.

I'm not going to pass any judgement on it until I actually see how it looks but the idea is pretty cool I think. Looking forward to getting one for my Blood Elf Paladin

I think it's safe to assume that they're visually different from the wind serpents we might be thinking of. The press release (below) describes them as "dragon-like", and I imagine that the developers will make sure they're hefty enough to carry a full-grown Pandaren. Perhaps the name will go through another iteration to further separate the mounts from the slithery, skinny wind serpents in our minds.

The cloud serpents are an intelligent race of dragon-like beings inhabiting the island. They exist in a wide array of shimmering colors. Some may be the bright green of the treetops through which they fly, while others may be the sparkling blue of the stream or the shocking crimson of flame -- their beauty always complementing their beloved land. Pandaren will often raise the playful creatures from hatchling to adulthood, as their cleverness and speed make them excellent mounts. While a handful have become corrupt or dangerous, the vast majority coexist happily with the other inhabitants of the island.
    It is pitch black.
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

I think its annoying that they expect us to do a DAILY QUEST 20 times to be able to ride one.

All i can say is thank god i have a store bought mount, otherwise i may just farm satchels for a mount and save it for my panda.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the feeling its gonna be like the Heart of the Aspects mount without the bling (and maybe without the wings). In that case I may end up waiting for mop to come out and save myself $25
    I can stand the sight of worms,
    And look at microscopic germs,
    But Technicolor pachyderms,
    Is really too much for me.

Tragic victim of Altitis

Quote Originally Posted by Kaez View Post
    I'm surprised no one mention this. What does anyone think of Pandaren having a Cloud Serpent as a mount? In my opinion, it's quite ridiculous. Try imagining a plump Pandaren riding on the skinny flying serpent. I'm disappointed.
    Any more rediculus than tauren riding hawkstriders? Poor things.

And as people have said, don't judge it when we don't even know what it looks like yet. It might be proportioned quite well, for all we know.

I don't think this is the Pandaren mount, I think it is a Pandaren faction mount like the Nether Drakes
    The Pandaren will also have a racial ground mount

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    I think its annoying that they expect us to do a DAILY QUEST 20 times to be able to ride one.
    Winterspring mounts are the same way, wasn't a problem with that.

Think it's these? If it were, they would share animations with Kodos whilst being large enough for Pandaren to ride them too.
    It sort of suggests them to be mounts aswell with the lack of spikes on certain part of their back.

The other option I found would be

See those bumps on their backs? Riders. c: The description fits them better aswell than the kodo-like mounts which my friend believes to be their transport animals.
    Last edited by sylvira; 2012-03-19 at 06:36 PM.

Deleted

Lets hope its something more then this.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Cloud_Serpent

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing Idon't lke about them is it is yet another dragon mount. Granted it's a new style of dragon mount, but still. I've got enough dragons on call to be the Aspect of my own Flight. I was actually kinda hoping for something more mundane, like those yaks or some such.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Quote Originally Posted by Just Amy View Post

Lets hope its something more then this.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Cloud_Serpent
    It's going to be something like this I'd assume

It's the closest model to a dragon they have that matches the length of a Cloud Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Myrandu View Post

Think it's these? If it were, they would share animations with Kodos whilst being large enough for Pandaren to ride them too.
    It sort of suggests them to be mounts aswell with the lack of spikes on certain part of their back.
    Those are not serpents... nore do they look like anything to do with clouds. :P

I've got a feeling we're going to see a cloud serpent that we know of (the thin snake-like creature with wings) being re-done using the newly seen Heart of the Aspects Asian Dragon model.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I don't think this is the Pandaren mount, I think it is a Pandaren faction mount like the Nether Drakes
    The Pandaren will also have a racial ground mount
    This is what I am thinking. Though I'll bet the Cloud Serpents look like those Jade dragon statues we've seen in some of the screenshots of late.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Those are not serpents... nore do they look like anything to do with clouds. :P

I've got a feeling we're going to see a cloud serpent that we know of (the thin snake-like creature with wings) being re-done using the newly seen Heart of the Aspects Asian Dragon model.
    Heh yeah, I updated my post with other creature I found through the videos that fits the description more.

Deleted
    Just listened to the WoW Insider Show, they were describing how it looked similar to the Heart of the Aspects, though slightly different in model. Pretty typical chinese dragon with "smoke" coming out of its nostrils and such.