Quote Originally Posted by Wushu View Post
    Go with the agility trinket. If you think you are low on stam, just use Stam flask and food.

That stam trinket is mediocre at best for monk tanking. Agility is damn near as good as dodge rating for granting dodge%.
    The agi trinket doesn't provide ~8% dodge, though. The Ox trinket has a LOT of dodge.

The agility trinket is great for AP, Guards, Heals, etc, and static dodge with a agility proc for more dodge. All of it stacks off AP for us. However, for Will if you need to, can throw on an Ox trinket because there are periods where you take ZERO damage, and periods where you take truck tons of damage where having an additional on use proc everytime you need it is beneficial.

I ran without the stam trinket on our heroic 10m Will kill earlier this week, and did fine. However, the night before with a different healer, I had to use it on CD during the damage phase.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    The agi trinket doesn't provide ~8% dodge, though. The Ox trinket has a LOT of dodge.
    You said it yourself though, its a trinket he will use on maybe 1 fight in vaults.

Quote Originally Posted by Wushu View Post
    You said it yourself though, its a trinket he will use on maybe 1 fight in vaults.
    On one fight NORMAL mode.

I could find it to be pretty useful on H Feng, H Gara'jal, H Will, and depending on circumstances it could be very good on all the other heroic encounters until you outgear them a little.

Need your help to analyze my log for H Stoneguard. My RL stays that my Stagger uptime is too low.
    This is my log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10058&e=10456
    This is a log from EJ's tank(As an example): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1778&e=2164

My shuffle uptime is ~40%, his is double at ~80%. What gives? Same length fight almost. I did 23 shuffles, he did 14 - YET mine lasted 157sec, his lasted 318sec. How is that possible if shuffle only lasts 6sec per? Am I looking at the correct thing? I'm going to 'buffs cast' tab.
    I'm weaving in thrice as many Chi Waves as he does, 30 vs 92, pushing my total healing done to ~23mil vs ~11mil. To me this makes sense to sacrifice shuffle uptime for more raid healing as we tried to 5 heal it, but I'm getting critizied on shuffle uptime.
    It's just 1 fight I'm pulling out here. Other fights I might have even less uptime, but I don't know if WOL is looking at tank swaps, us running around or downtime, when the boss is doing a dance like in Will of Emps and I'm not doing any shuffles at that point and instead saving up my 4 Chi.

Edit. Also based on RNG on this specific pull I only tanked 2 dogs very briefly on 25man. In comparison to other attempts where my dmg/dps was far higher and so was my healing done in turn.
    Last edited by Archdrood; 2012-10-29 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdrood View Post
    Need your help to analyze my log for H Stoneguard. My RL stays that my Stagger uptime is too low.
    This is my log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10058&e=10456
    This is a log from EJ's tank(As an example): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1778&e=2164

My shuffle uptime is ~40%, his is double at ~80%. What gives? Same length fight almost. I did 23 shuffles, he did 14 - YET mine lasted 157sec, his lasted 318sec. How is that possible if shuffle only lasts 6sec per? Am I looking at the correct thing? I'm going to 'buffs cast' tab.
    I'm weaving in thrice as many Chi Waves as he does, 30 vs 92, pushing my total healing done to ~23mil vs ~11mil. To me this makes sense to sacrifice shuffle uptime for more raid healing as we tried to 5 heal it, but I'm getting critizied on shuffle uptime.
    It's just 1 fight I'm pulling out here. Other fights I might have even less uptime, but I don't know if WOL is looking at tank swaps, us running around or downtime, when the boss is doing a dance like in Will of Emps and I'm not doing any shuffles at that point and instead saving up my 4 Chi.

Edit. Also based on RNG on this specific pull I only tanked 2 dogs very briefly on 25man. In comparison to other attempts where my dmg/dps was far higher and so was my healing done in turn.
    The problem is you're looking at the wrong thing. Sort of. Look at Blackout Kick casts, not Shuffle. You did 25 Blackout Kicks, he did nearly double at 55. And, that being said, go to the "Buffs Cast" tab. Find Shuffle, click the # icon. Compare yours to his. His is much more consistent, yours is not.

So, my advice? Focus less on Chi Wave, more on Blackout Kick.

You're looking at Shuffle applications, not refreshes. Yours fell off 23 times. His fell off 14 times.

You used BoK 25 times.

He used Bok 55 times.

That's why his is so much higher.

Also, why the hell are you using Chi Wave so much? You shouldn't be healing with Chi Wave 92 times and only using BoK 25 times. You're missing out on a lot of avoidance and stagger.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    You used BoK 25 times.

He used Bok 55 times.

That's why his is so much higher.

Also, why the hell are you using Chi Wave so much? You shouldn't be healing with Chi Wave 92 times and only using BoK 25 times. You're missing out on a lot of avoidance and stagger.
    Exactly. Chi Wave (Or any of this tier) could be used if you have a nice amount of shuffle running and want to help your healers out.
    Your job is not to heal the raid (your statue already does a nice job on that anyways).
    And missing 20% parry + stagger for 60% of the fight is huge.
    Esp in times when you tank 2 dogs yo dont want to miss that.

ok, its tough for me to do nothing when BOK is on cd. I sit on 4 Chi and want to do a Chi wave bc I have Keg smash coming off cd very soon, which would give me another 2 chi right after I refresh BOK/Shuffle. I guess on paper it doesn't look like it's working out...

So basically I get up to 4 Chi and have shuffle up and running already, I hit Chi wave, maybe expel harm in there - so back to 2/3 chi. Then I BOK right after when shuffle runs out and then Keg smash . So I kinda sit on 2 Chi quite often.
    I could be clippping the shuffle instead. Is that the intent?

ok, its tough for me to do nothing when BOK is on cd.
    BOK do not have any CD. As soon as you have 2 Chi, you can BOK.

I could be clippping the shuffle instead. Is that the intent?
    Shuffle could not be clipped. New 6 sec from your BOK will just be added to whatever time is left on your current Shuffle uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by seigert View Post
    BOK do not have any CD. As soon as you have 2 Chi, you can BOK.
    Sorry I meant it has time left on Shuffle. So BMs are just extending the uptime on shuffle through the fight?

Sorry I meant it has time left on Shuffle. So BMs are just extending the uptime on shuffle through the fight?
    As i said before. If you have a nice time on shuffle you can think about using healing tier talents. (emergency situations apart but shuffle should never drop in favor of self heal imo.) Dont forget there is also guard waiting to eat 2 chi. And PB to get rid of stagger. there goes another chi. And woops your shuffle buff already nears 5seconds and less!
    I cant really see how you can sit there with 4 chi and not knowing what to do as Monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    As i said before. If you have a nice time on shuffle you can think about using healing tier talents. (emergency situations apart but shuffle should never drop in favor of self heal imo.) Dont forget there is also guard waiting to eat 2 chi. And PB to get rid of stagger. there goes another chi. And woops your shuffle buff already nears 5seconds and less!
    I cant really see how you can sit there with 4 chi and not knowing what to do as Monk.
    I try to use guard only fully (3)stacked and when I'm below 50%. I use PB when my yellow stagger ticks are at 8k+.
    I didn't say I sit on 4 Chi not knowing what to do, I said I hit Chi wave in those cases. But apparently hitting Chi wave too much and doing 23mil healing is a bad thing. I get that I have to hit BOK way more in the future.

I use PB when my yellow stagger ticks are at 8k+.
    8k might be a little low to do it, personally I do it around 12-13k and after every spike hit (like Shadowy Attacks on Gara'jal if I don't have Elusive Brew up to mitigate it.
    Also known as Faulchu

10+ Year Old Account
    Going for agil trinket soon as guildy can make me one, I haven't found EH to be an issue at all right now doing normal modes. Almost to the point where I can play between DW and 2H since I got the Gara fist weapon and the spirit king polearm (both coin roll drops).
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    Stone Guard seems to take me to Yellow+ stagger more than any other fight so far, I can't imagine having Chi for anything but BoK/Guard/PB. I do try to use Chi Wave if I have the chi and Shuffle is got some time on it, but that's really only 1-2 times a min at most with my current level of haste (6900 rating).
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2012-10-29 at 04:23 PM.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Hey I'm planning to get the agility DMF trinket once dmf comes out. My question is, is it worth it to also get the dodge trinket? I already have the mastery trinket off elegon lfr, and will probably get the normal version pretty soon. Oh, and I plan to do hardmodes and stuff.

I try to use guard only fully (3)stacked and when I'm below 50%. I use PB when my yellow stagger ticks are at 8k+.
    I didn't say I sit on 4 Chi not knowing what to do, I said I hit Chi wave in those cases. But apparently hitting Chi wave too much and doing 23mil healing is a bad thing. I get that I have to hit BOK way more in the future.
    Assuming you were both tanking two dogs, you were taking several million more effective damage than the EJ tank, including self heals, so yes, using Chi Wave too much and having 23 million healing IS a bad thing.

Especially when you consider that 23 million isn't all self heals. Some of it is healing the melee and some of it is overheals.

Only use the level 30 talents when your shuffle and guard are fairly secure, otherwise you're sacrificing very potent mitigation.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Hey I'm planning to get the agility DMF trinket once dmf comes out. My question is, is it worth it to also get the dodge trinket? I already have the mastery trinket off elegon lfr, and will probably get the normal version pretty soon. Oh, and I plan to do hardmodes and stuff.
    If you get the normal trinket then you should be fine without the DMF one.

So is the ghost iron dragonling trinket with crit,haste and exp cogwheels worth using over my 463 stam trinket from gekkan?