Calling it now: Zaheer is a corrupt former Air Acolyte, hence his quick mastery of an ability he's only recently acquired.

By the way: his name is Urdu for either "shining" (which fits with him apparently being charismatic, as befits a character voiced by a singer) or "protector" (which is ironic).

And I really doubt either of the girls is pregnant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch Kai somehow get dragged into the Fearsome Foursome, after he gets rescued from the Earth Kingdom jail. As well, I cannot wait to see what becomes of the whole 'Air Bender' army the queen is 'recruiting'. If Jet is any hint at what is possible, it could get interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as the White Lotus guards go, maybe it just serves as a demonstration of how badass these benders are, that they can take out many guards with little effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
    Spoilers... Sorry to be an asshole but fucking hell they haven't been officially released and you're not even putting spoiler tags on.
    Oh, my bad. They were released here. Or rather, I have the channel, so since they were aired, I figured it was okay to discuss them.

mmm, does it really matter in terms of the location? cause some episodes are released first in certain countries like in The Last Air Bender cartoon. What if it is released in your country first and you post spoilers without meaning to? :/

- - - Updated - - -

poke poke, someone edit my post or tell me how to add spoiler tags to it please. There is no icon with the spoiler description.

well, i checked 4 times to see if someone edit my post or tell me how to do it... no one did, im going to sleep and dream of being in a cartoon world like Korra's. Opal is really cute, maybe I will dream of her.
    Last edited by wowaccounttom; 2014-07-01 at 12:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    Oh, my bad. They were released here. Or rather, I have the channel, so since they were aired, I figured it was okay to discuss them.

mmm, does it really matter in terms of the location? cause some episodes are released first in certain countries like in The Last Air Bender cartoon. What if it is released in your country first and you post spoilers without meaning to? :/

- - - Updated - - -

poke poke, someone edit my post or tell me how to add spoiler tags to it please. There is no icon with the spoiler description.

well, i checked 4 times to see if someone edit my post or tell me how to do it... no one did, im going to sleep and dream of being in a cartoon world like Korra's. Opal is really cute, maybe I will dream of her.
    Well when you wake up its [.spoiler] Insert spoilers here [./spoiler] just remove the . and you will be fine. Generally its a spoiler if it hasn't officially aired in its native country yet. so seeing as more episodes don't start until July 11th I think best wait until after they have aired.

this just in korras season 3 premier 2nd worst ratings in shows history. so uh yeah, hopefully you guys have nicktoons because without a miracle its headed there to be burned off.

"This wasn’t a series low – but both were very close to it. The only episode that has ever scored lower on Nickelodeon was last Book’s “Peacekeepers” on 10/4/2013, which had 1.103 million viewers. The next highest was the “Beginnings” hour special on 10/18/2013 with 1.726 million viewers. "

http://www.nickandmore.com/2014/06/3...rible-ratings/
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I've always found it hard to consider Avatar an anime and the same with NOT considering it an anime, since it was made in the U.S., but it's artstyle is very characteristic of a typical Japanese anime. although LoK has a much more refined and classy artstyle than most. Same with TLA.

Anyways, Legend of Korra, the first season was great imo, the second was kinda boring and very talky, and now this 3rd season seems to be kicking up the action again and bringing in alot of new characters/reviving old ones such as old man Zuko and the four main bad guys. I'm interested to see where season 3 goes, but i'd also love an avatar series about an avatar before Aang such as Roku or Kyoshi.

im really disappointed in korras ratings. these episodes are great.

maybe if they had the quality this high through most of season 1 and 2 kids wouldve been more interested and nickelodeon wouldve had more confidence to not wait to announce it only a week before release >_<
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    this just in korras season 3 premier 2nd worst ratings in shows history. so uh yeah, hopefully you guys have nicktoons because without a miracle its headed there to be burned off.

"This wasn’t a series low – but both were very close to it. The only episode that has ever scored lower on Nickelodeon was last Book’s “Peacekeepers” on 10/4/2013, which had 1.103 million viewers. The next highest was the “Beginnings” hour special on 10/18/2013 with 1.726 million viewers. "

http://www.nickandmore.com/2014/06/3...rible-ratings/

im really disappointed in korras ratings. these episodes are great.

maybe if they had the quality this high through most of season 1 and 2 kids wouldve been more interested and nickelodeon wouldve had more confidence to not wait to announce it only a week before release >_<
    I am super disappointed in the ratings, but as it is a TV show first, I really think that they shot themselves in the foot not promoting it any earlier or more often than they did. Hell, they pump out TMNT commercials like water, and as you said only mentioned LoK was on the way a week or so out.
    I am online most every day, but I do not frequent TV forums and sites that often, however, I DO watch a helluva lot of TV, and was very surprised that I only caught a mention of it off the front page 'Recent Forum Posts' to even know to expect it. Considering a large part of the demographic does not have daily access to the internet, and ONLY access to TV, they made a HUGE mistake not promoting it more.

They're not going to cancel it. It's got a purposely limited run, but is guaranteed that limited run. The primary concern is that Nickelodeon and other networks will get the wrong ideas about what works and doesn't work (while conveniently ignoring marketing issues that were their own damned faults), and that said wrong ideas will inform the content and handling of future shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Katara View Post
    They're not going to cancel it. It's got a purposely limited run, but is guaranteed that limited run. The primary concern is that Nickelodeon and other networks will get the wrong ideas about what works and doesn't work, and that said wrong ideas will inform the content and handling of future shows.
    they can cancel it. it wont be getting a season 5 with those ratings.

sure it will get a season 4 but thats only because they renewed it back in season 1. they cant unrenew a show.

however they can shove it off to nicktoons and burn it off like they do with all their failed but still have unaired episode shows.

digimon fusion. after like 3 or 4 episodes shipped off to nicktoons to be burned off.

that skateboard guy show? burned off on nicktoons.

unless the ratings seriously improve its either gonna end up on nicktoons like those or burned off in a day long marathon/shoved online.

they can cancel it. it wont be getting a season 5 with those ratings.

sure it will get a season 4 but thats only because they renewed it back in season 1. they cant unrenew a show.
    Again: it's got a purposely limited run. They have no intention of making a Book 5 regardless of what.

Again: it's got a purposely limited run. They have no intention of making a Book 5 regardless of what.
    whether its a book 5, a different avatar show, or anything involving the avatar universe its not happening.

even if it wasnt "legend of korra" im sure the creators wouldve liked to keep exploring that world and unless it involves the original avatar team i dont see nickelodeon ever signing off on another avatar show again.

whether its a book 5, a different avatar show, or anything involving the avatar universe its not happening.

even if it wasnt "legend of korra" im sure the creators wouldve liked to keep exploring that world and unless it involves the original avatar team i dont see nickelodeon ever signing off on another avatar show again.
    And whether or not that's relevant still depends on whether or not Bryke are interested in continuing the franchise. While they haven't made any absolute statements in the negative, they've at very least made noises about resting on their laurels for a while. (Also, even if they couldn't negotiate with the one that screwed them over with shitty marketing in the first place, I'm sure there are any number of networks that would snap up their show proposals in a heartbeat.)

It should also be noted that Nielsen ratings are not the be-all and end-all. Not everyone who watches the show even owns the proper appliance for their "vote" to be counted. And reviews and so on are (theoretically) taken into account as well.

Ratings still carry some weight with execs, but they are less relevant in the era of on-demand/Netflix/streaming and so forth.

Mostly they just didn't give themselves time to promote the show. One week is pretty laughable.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

the reason they didnt market it is because the ratings were awful last season and less than great the latter half of the first season.

if it wasnt already renewed back in season 1 it wouldve been cancelled last year

I don't watch live television anymore. It's usually on the internet whenever and I watch it when I can. I think ratings have little value now a days.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I don't watch live television anymore. It's usually on the internet whenever and I watch it when I can. I think ratings have little value now a days.
    +1 /10char

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    people can think that, but unless its a vehicle for merchandise (power rangers, transformers ect ect)

ratings are all that matter.

unless its on a premium station (hbo, showtime ect) or really close to syndication ratings are still the end all be all of a shows life.

personally i dont know why every cable box and satellite doesnt just have a nielson kajigger built into it in the first place. most people have cable at this point it would probaly give better figures than some other seperate special box only special chosen people get

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Ratings still carry some weight with execs, but they are less relevant in the era of on-demand/Netflix/streaming and so forth.

Mostly they just didn't give themselves time to promote the show. One week is pretty laughable.
    Agreed; and I'm not sure how much the storm crows are taking that into account.

Agreed; and I'm not sure how much the storm crows are taking that into account.
    most of the people who stream are older people who are not the key demo of korra which is kids and young adults. netflix doesnt even factor into whether a show gets renewed or not. not to mention alot of the people who stream or watch it online either use adblock or dont watch it from nick.com essentially making their viewing worthless.

why is it whenever a show has low ratings people always try to say "oh so and so excuse"

ninja turtles gets more than double what korra does on an average weekly episode. the people who report the ratings dont have it out for korra. the ratings ARE horrible and at the end of the day ratings are what matter most for korra.

korra doesnt have any toys, its not a 30 minute commercial like power rangers is.
    a show needs 100 episodes to be viable for syndication. korras nowhere near that
    korra is not on hbo. rerun ratings and online viewership are not a viable factor on whether or not it gets renewed. korra runs on ad revenue not premium membership.

it doesnt matter if it has a loyal fanbase if that loyal fanbase doesnt get nickelodeon paid.