Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnor View Post
    However, hackers normally have access to more than just 1 or 2 or 3 accounts at a time, they have access to a lot more accounts.

What if they work rotating shifts between different accounts to 1) kill the massive amount of mobs in front of Moroes (without killing Moroes), 2) run out, 3) reset raid, 4) run back in to kill them all again 5) repeat 5 times, Then repeat 1-5 with another account, send gold away, etc. You can kill the trash for Moroes many, many times without becoming saved to karazhan this way.

Im just saying that this kind of aoe loot might become a utility to them.

indeed, but if normal players engage in this kind of playstyle (ie farm karazhan trash) blizzard might flag these accounts as suspicious, meaning there might be problems down the road if this whole thing isnt error-proof. Ive farmed Karazhan before out of experimentation on my DK, absolutely no use of 3rd party software, and my account got locked because it was flagged for suspicious activity.

youre right though. Players might become more competitive against the gold-selling market with this kind of feature put into the game. I guess im a lil concerned about how the hackers will try to flourish from this, have a huuuuge gold count from this feature. out of the 10 million current active subscriptions, there are still some that purchase gold, and in doing so, support the ppl that hack others accounts.
    To be honest, if this aoe looting will be of big effect at all which I do doubt, it would not make players more competitive since the goldsellers will still be in a waaaaaaaaaaaaay larger scale. If anything it will deflate gold badly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmloos View Post
    To be honest, if this aoe looting will be of big effect at all which I do doubt, it would not make players more competitive since the goldsellers will still be in a waaaaaaaaaaaaay larger scale. If anything it will deflate gold badly.
    yea, im thinking this also. but i think this has happened with every expansion so far. how much more of gold inflation would result from AoE looting + new expansion.. thats what im wondering =)

(and how this could be used for exploitative intents also)
    Last edited by Dreadnor; 2012-03-22 at 10:08 PM.

Deleted
    oh the gold farming horrors.

next on the update list: you lose aggro in instances, bwahaha

Deleted
    Hi guys. Can someone who got into beta please post a screenshot of the login screen?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gobila View Post
    Hi guys. Can someone who got into beta please post a screenshot of the login screen?
    right now its the normal cataclysm login screen

10+ Year Old Account
    bad implementend imo.. the AOE loot of Rift still is better.
    Right now it seems like Wows Versions creates a queue that klicks every mob after another wich isnt much faster than clicking them yourself.... in rift all Loot is combined in one Window. Klick "loot everything" or mark Autoloot and looting takes less than a second.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

So they had to wait to add this in MoP, when they could've easily done it in a patch?See, that's what I hate about Blizzard, they save all these things up for one big expansion to make it seem like they're adding so much to it or something, this could've easily came in DS. Every game that came out recently has had this feature, ugh.

Right now it seems like Wows Versions creates a queue that klicks every mob after another wich isnt much faster than clicking them yourself.... in rift all Loot is combined in one Window. Klick "loot everything" or mark Autoloot and looting takes less than a second.
    They better change it so it's instant, wow...
    Last edited by La; 2012-03-22 at 10:14 PM.

Deleted
    right now its the normal cataclysm login screen
    thanks for the fast reply
    does it by any chance have a mop logo anywhere?

300k arcane blast followed by a 170k arcane explosion...Remember that whole number squish / reduction thing thing they talked about? Guess they went the other way on it..

Deleted
    yea, im thinking this also. but i think this has happened with every expansion so far. how much more of gold inflation would result from AoE looting + new expansion.. thats what im wondering =)

(and how this could be used for exploitative intents also)
    hmm just a comment I pulled from facebook which is quite interesting in this regard:

I'm wondering what this will change for RNG loot tables (specifically world drop blues/purples). I have a strong feeling Blizzard's eventually going to make trash mobs in instances de-aggro after a certain time/distance because of what can now be done like in this video. It's true previous games/MMO's have had this for a long time, but every game's combat/looting is different. For exmple, the AH value on cloth across all the lower levels is going to change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    The beta has been out for less than a day and you're complaining about one of the features?
    That's right, whats in the beta within 24hours is final.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    ...and how terrible of Blizzard to push this function into live without having tested it while they had the chance to do so in the beta!?

Seriously kickass, finally I don't have to spend as much time looting as I do fighting when I farm stuff like cloth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potatowizard View Post
    300k arcane blast followed by a 170k arcane explosion...Remember that whole number squish / reduction thing thing they talked about? Guess they went the other way on it..
    Don't think too much of these numbers, beta testing currently is focussed on Pandaren's and monks at low level, not on high level content. There is a reason all high level zones of Pandaria are currently locked on beta. I think it is save to assume that the first raid tier will do with about 30k dps, give or take 10k :P

So happy for this, can't wait to use it for farming cloth.

Well they just made grinding materials for levelling professions a whole lot less mind-numbing.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by gobila View Post
    thanks for the fast reply
    does it by any chance have a mop logo anywhere?
    Here you have it

Deleted
    pff swtor has it sooo they need to get it aswell :P

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    The beta has been out for less than a day and you're complaining about one of the features?
    That's right, whats in the beta within 24hours is final.
    That's not the point. The point is that 1) it's a terrible design (especially when other MMOs use a similar model to each other which is far superior) and 2) it's taken this long to implement.
    Last edited by notorious98; 2012-03-22 at 10:27 PM.