Poll: Will the level cap in the next expansion (post-MoP) be 105?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Next Expansion Level Cap: 105?

Because you get a talent point every 15 levels, it would make sense for the next level cap to be 105 (odd number if you ask me....pun intended?).

Of course, they could change it and reduce the intervals, but that would mean adding a lot more talent choices. Or even changing it up so that you get talent points at random intervals.

But I think they would want to stick with this because they've already changed it so much over the years, and this is finally a system where I think they got it right.

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's more likely they'd change it to every 10 levels and move up to 95 or 100 instead of 105, OR, make it every 20 and move to 100

10+ Year Old Account
    This could either be a band-aid fix once again or they may simply stick with what is planned for MoP and have 15/30/45/60/75/90/#, # being whatever the next cap is.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised at all if by Next expansion the talents are re-re-revamped :P

It doesnt really have to be every 15 levels. Its every 15 levels right now because blizz thinks it feels right.

It coult be for every 15 levels until 95 and then every 5 or 10 levels after that (not adding a talent next expac and such)

It would probably be every 15 plus one at max level ( 95).

Every 10 would force them to add a ton of new talents and every 20 takes too many away.

Or the can manually assign a talent point at 95 and break the pattern!

Quote Originally Posted by PFloydWall View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't be surprised at all if by Next expansion the talents are re-re-revamped :P
    My money is on this. My favourite setup was the 1 talent each lvl after lvl 10.

I don't know how anyone can get reasoning like this, seriously. They purposely lowered the expansion caps by 5 levels for the last 2 expansions, why the hell would they make those decisions null by making the next expansion 15 levels? They've already seen that they can still pull off an expansion with just 5 levels and just content enough for 5 levels and people will still be satisfied, so it would be financially unsound and a complete waste of effort/profit for the company.

Seriously...
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I don't know how anyone can get reasoning like this, seriously. They purposely lowered the expansion caps by 5 levels for the last 2 expansions, why the hell would they make those decisions null by making the next expansion 15 levels? They've already seen that they can still pull off an expansion with just 5 levels and just content enough for 5 levels and people will still be satisfied, so it would be financially unsound and a complete waste of effort/profit for the company.

Seriously...
    You're on the money. I think though, that the next expansion will take the lvl cap to 100 and that will be the last one.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    wow is over at 100.

it's quite possible that 90 to 100 will be 10 expansions, each with 1 level to gain, each expansion coming out every 4 months... and each one STILL costing $50-$60.

you never know.

Level 1 - 80 is every second level, and 80 - 85 is every level. I am sure they can come up with a way to make it work with either 95 or 100.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    wow is over at 100.

it's quite possible that 90 to 100 will be 10 expansions, each with 1 level to gain, each expansion coming out every 4 months... and each one STILL costing $50-$60.

you never know.
    Somehow I seriously doubt that would happen. Seriously doubt it.

wow is over at 100.

you never know.
    And people would still buy it
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Doubt it, we'll probably have another 5 levels next expansion after mop to kill Azshara. Then a last 5 levels in the final expansion to kill Sargeras, bringing us to level 100.

2 more expacs then thats it for wow

Cap will end at 100

95 is next after mop then its 100 where we will be strong enough to take down all the old gods and sargeras and become masters of the universe

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    2 more expacs then thats it for wow

Cap will end at 100

95 is next after mop then its 100 where we will be strong enough to take down all the old gods and sargeras and become masters of the universe
    you should expect a 'power of greyskull' buff...

10+ Year Old Account
    wow is over at 100.

you never know.
    I'm glad people are still touting this old, tired rhetoric even after those in the know at Blizzard have said that "100 is just a number" and that they still have plenty of ideas for more content. They'll continue to make expansions as long as people keep buying them and as long as the existing engine keeps up with their ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the problem with games based on Levels.

Well it wasnt untill WoW but okay. The problem lies in the fact blizzard never expected the game to get so many expansions or anything like that. They maybe had TBC planned but that was about it. If blizzard would have started with 50 and then continued in steps of 5 we would now not really have any sort of issue. But for new players the biggest problem now a days will be to get to (soon) 90 and in the next expansion either 100 or 95. But i think blizzard will not anymore do steps of 10.

Another option would be change a lot of stuff, remove outland/ northrend and make "vanilla" flow into cataclysm into mop into what ever expansion comes next. Main reason for something like that would be the simple fact that outland/northrend are horribly out dated.

They also ofcourse could do something like this:

1-60 (redone vanilla content)
    1-65 (outland/northrend/cataclysm) (then you can simply choose which one you would like to do)
    65-70 (Mop)

And every so few expansion group some expansion together. Giving the player choise for themselfs which zone(s) they would like to use to quest in.
    Last option which i actually see happening is the start at a higher level by default with a new character.

More on topic:

Current design it would be the last wow expansion 100-105 (my guess though i simply dont see more then 3 expansion (being about 6 years from now that is) happening, before the shift goes to Titan).

[hr]
    Meant to vote No oops..
    Last edited by schippie; 2012-04-13 at 03:38 AM.

100 is just a number, and although I feel it's a nice number to end at, the only thing significant about it is that it will be the first 3 digit level cap in WoW.

I think they will still be pushing content for years.