Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Different Races & Attraction

So I was thinking as I started my new Bounty Hunter (finally a non-sith for me!): most races are attracted to similar races. For instance, most human beings are not attracted to monkeys even though biologically we're very close. We're not attracted to dogs or cats or bears or anything like that. It's understandable in the Star Wars universe that we might be attracted to Twi'leki, who are not all that much different, or a number of other humanoid & semi-human races.

I don't understand, however, why Hutt like to keep females chained up with them. Why would they be attracted to them? They're about a 20th of the same size, completely different body style (never mind genitalia), and are genetically incompatible, as most races would be. So what's the point of all of the slave girls kept as decoration around every Hutt's "palace"?

For the most part, under most circumstances, I personally think it's less an attraction on the Hutts' part and more a means of showing off their wealth and authority as well as creating a distraction for the humanoids with whom the Hutts do business. Also, a Hutt's slave dancers could be seen by their owners as naturally occurring works of art - which links back to my original theory of showing off their wealth.

On the other hand, there are those humans that find monkeys, dogs, dolphins, platypi, or other animals attractive, and it could just be that depraved mentality on a species-wide scale. I mean, they reproduce asexually, so they have to have something to get them into the mood to spawn, I guess.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    For instance, most human beings are not attracted to monkeys even though biologically we're very close. We're not attracted to dogs or cats or bears or anything like that.
    Tell that to the furries...

I don't understand, however, why Hutt like to keep females chained up with them. Why would they be attracted to them? They're about a 20th of the same size, completely different body style (never mind genitalia), and are genetically incompatible, as most races would be. So what's the point of all of the slave girls kept as decoration around every Hutt's "palace"
    Hutts are Asexual but what one a person finds attractive doesn't have anything to do with sexual compatibility really, it is personal preference.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Hutts are Asexual but what one a person finds attractive doesn't have anything to do with sexual compatibility really, it is personal preference.
    Well they're hermaphrodites who really impregnate themselves, though they are known for taking lovers of their own species from time to time, and regularly switching genders depending of if they're pregnant or not.

I can see the point of keeping females around as a status symbol, though you might wonder why no Hutt seems to keep a male. At least, not one that I've seen or heard of.

I'm Quoting this from another thread, but here is a "female hutt" with male slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixator View Post
    Female hutts mentioned! images.wikia dot com/starwars/images/8/8d/Paradise_(cantina).jpg
    (sorry had to break the url, can't post them yet.)

From Wookieepedia on Hutts: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hutts

Slavery and indentured servicesEdit
    Slaves tending to their Hutt master.

Hutts were not above the practice of slavery with many of their kind keeping such individuals as "pets" that were a sign of prestige and power.[11]

Usually, powerful Hutts would have Dancers to do exotic and attractive (sexy) dances which pleases the Hutts.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-04-23 at 01:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I have deducted from this thread, is that Hutts are disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    What I have deducted from this thread, is that Hutts are disgusting.
    They are pretty disgusting when you think about it, but at least my question is answered

They are pretty disgusting when you think about it, but at least my question is answered
    I would so work for a Hutt in IRL

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Tell that to the furries...
    That's beastiality you're thinking of.
    "Every day I wake up, log in and look at the nine other class icons in the character creation screen. Then I burst into laughter, create a portal into a distant realm, do a motherfucking double backflip through that portal while slinging pastries and blasts of PURE COSMIC ENERGY everywhere, respeccing into frost midair and deep freezing two gnomes before landing on my feet. In my wake only disintegrated corpses, strudel crumbs and adorable turtles are found."
    By a forum member "Membrane"

Quote Originally Posted by Hadisabeast View Post
    That's beastiality you're thinking of.
    no furries are people that dress up as animals. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_fandom

Feeling attracted to someone or something is not just based on biology, its also based on culture and habit.
    so i actually believe that hutts think those twi-lek slaves are sexy, because the whole galaxy (of sentient and mostly humanoid beings) thinks so, tells them so.

That and obviously its also a sign of power and wealth.

I don't understand, however, why Hutt like to keep females chained up with them. Why would they be attracted to them? They're about a 20th of the same size, completely different body style (never mind genitalia), and are genetically incompatible, as most races would be. So what's the point of all of the slave girls kept as decoration around every Hutt's "palace"?
    Actually I was just wondering about this last night when I was playing my new IA... The conclusion I came to is that maybe it is because other creatures in the universe consider them attractive and the Hutts keep them as distractions for other people that come to do business with them. Also, there is probably some control things.

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    Feeling attracted to someone or something is not just based on biology, its also based on culture and habit..
    Uh, what? Many guys think Angelina Jolie and Halle Berry are attractive...they don't appeal to me at all. If someone doesn't find a person attractive themselves, they're not going to find that person attractive no matter how many other people think they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    The other question I keep asking is... why does anyone even bother doing what these mostly immobile piles of flesh say to do anyway? I mean its not like he could chase you down or force anyone to do anything

Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    The other question I keep asking is... why does anyone even bother doing what these mostly immobile piles of flesh say to do anyway? I mean its not like he could chase you down or force anyone to do anything
    That's like saying you don't have to listen to the president because you can beat him in a fist fight.

Money and influence mean a lot when it comes to real, actual power. It takes more than physical might to be a leader, and the hutts have a natural knack for acquiring money and respect, despite all the negative prejudices against them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Power. A Hutt commands large amounts of guards and has the wealth to put any bounty they wish on your head. Why anger that?

Also... I mean the Hutt could always just lay on you and squash you if it wanted... those dudes are huge.

Despite their size, they are actually quite agile and faster than you would expect; beneath that thick layer of fat, and the secretions of sweat and mucus, a Hutt's musculature is such that they can smack people around at least as well as a Wookiee and bound at attackers across a room before they can prepare themselves to deal with a one-ton flying slug.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    More importantly...who else was openly disgusted and secretly jonesing for a slice when Pizza the Hut ate himself?