Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    yo my female draenei is the sex

but tbh i picked her because the males look stupid by comparison

I play females because the char is my toy, not my personification.

Alliance has better females, Horde has better males.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    Alliance has better females, Horde has better males.
    rly ? because i play horde and all my toons are females . I find none of the male models , fighting animations , idle animations even remotely good

female tauren ftw

Deleted
    I play the gender I think looks the best. Right now I have most female characters, because the male ones are ugly, in my opinion. I used to only have male characters (some years ago), for the same reason as you. I thought it would be weird and wrong to be female. Also, I don't think you're supposed to make a character that looks the most like the real you. Atleast that's how I see it.

Inb4 the old and lame "because I don't wanna stare at dudes ass when I play"

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakumo View Post
    I can't bring myself to do it for some reason. It'd feel really out of place.
    If this is your reason, then that speaks to your shallowness as a person.
    Line 2, meet Line 1.

All my melee and tank toons are male, and my healers are female. My casters are a mix (male gnome warlock, but female human mage).

They are just characters.

I play a Tauren Female Druid, but I always forget that it's a female because of Moonkin form, and generally it's a cow for pete's sake. Else I can follow you, I don't play any other female characters than that one, I think males look the coolest generally, mostly because I'm a warrior's guy, the Druid I mentioned is my only non-melee high lvled class, and I'm not very comfortable with playing a Balance Druid anyways. I do understand some peope might prefer playing a female over a male character, but that's just not me.

Deleted
    I prefer their animations and males are often fairly bulky, I prefer smaller weapons and I can't stand enormous shoulders. I don't mind playing male characters if they still appear slim and agile but I prefer female thief types, agility over strength and what have you. It's not like I roleplay or anything.

Because the animations for most abilities tend to look better on a female character imho. Of course that point is void when it comes to a melee class human female, makes me want to kick a puppy whenever I see one with a 2h three times the size of said human swinging it in circles.

I do occasionally wonder why males choose to roll female toons. But then I remember that most people play zoomed out to maxcamdistance and it doesn't seem to matter what gender your pixel blob is.

Quote Originally Posted by bot v2.38beta View Post
    What I don't understand are all the players that chose non human toons.

Do they want to be a gnome or something? Do they want to have sex with a space goat?

I mean, why would you want to give people the idea that you are an Orc when you're not IRL? That's misleading....
    This is a fantasy game, not a real life simulator. I don't get why people would want to choose "Humans" In a Fantasy game, it doesn't make a bit of sense to me. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Doogal View Post
    Aesthetics are everything and in all honesty the majority of female characters look better in their gear.

This isn't a veiled sexuality thing which is where I think the OP is trying to go, if you are going to spend hours behind a particular character you are best off being happy with what it looks like.
    Pretty much sums up what I was going to add. If you like what you're looking at, then that's the bottom line.
    Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    i got all my vaccines because not being dead is pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    This is a fantasy game, not a real life simulator. I don't get why people would want to choose "Humans" In a Fantasy game, it doesn't make a bit of sense to me. :/
    So you are agreeing with bot?
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Deleted
    Both. If I already got a character which is a Human because I want the racial for example, and I wanted a second Human for the racial, then if the first was male then the second would be female. I like variety.

Quote Originally Posted by bot v2.38beta View Post
    What I don't understand are all the players that chose non human toons.

Do they want to be a gnome or something? Do they want to have sex with a space goat?

I mean, why would you want to give people the idea that you are an Orc when you're not IRL? That's misleading....
    I see what you did there.

10+ Year Old Account
    how about female who play male character ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I play a pretty even mix of male and female toons. The two real reasons I'll roll female are 1. looks and animations for the class, and 2. diversity among my characters. If I already have a male (or female) of that race, then I'll probably roll the opposite. There are a couple exceptions to this, though, such as i don't like troll males in general, or BE males as casters because of their casting animation.
    And now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Deleted
    female undead frontflip
    nough said

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakumo View Post
    Do you play a female toon? If so, why? I can't bring myself to do it for some reason. It'd feel really out of place.
    Also, I can't possibly be the only one who thinks the "But I don't wanna stare at a guy's ass all day!" excuse is preposterous. If this is your reason, then that speaks to your shallowness as a person.
    Those sentances killed your whole argument. It would feel out of place, yet the excuse you mentioned is shallow? I hope you understand what I'm trying to point at...

I play females because they usually aren't as clunky as males. They got a certain elegance in them.