Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So I just got clawed out for

In our raid we are trying to progress on heroics and I get chewed out today because apparently according to a certain Healer in our raid that Call of the Wild does not stack with a buff already given by survival and Frost DK's. I was also told to be using a cunning pet for Roar of Recovery. Can somebody explain this to me?
    Last edited by Juvination; 2012-05-02 at 03:30 AM.

Sure. Your healer is an idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    That healer should probably stick to...healing. Ask him kindly to research his information before telling you how to play your class.

He is literally giving me a headache because he apparently leads two other raids and tags along with ours, and today he snapped out at me.

Did you try actually reading the tooltips and comparing them? You know, a little thinking.

Remind him that he isn't leading that raid and he should keep to knowing how to play his class and not worry about others. If somebody was actually doing something wrong in your raid it should be raid leader's job to help said person.

I don't even know what the hell he can be confusing it with? Tell him an 8/8H hunter thinks he's a moron, whether or not he raid leads 2 other raids.

The thing is we didn't have a frost DK, we had a blood.

Call of the wild only effects you wtf is the guy talking about

i would carry on doing what your doing if he/she anything again tell them stfu and read up what the spell actually does before opening there mouths

Doesn't matter what kind of DK you have, Call of the Wild is a cooldown not a buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, that healer is, quite frankly, an idiot. Call of the Wild is a straight-dps increase, 10% extra attack power on top of what you already had. You should have just cast it, and stated that it provides a flat 10% boost to you and your pet.

30 focus is no where near CLOSE to 10% more attack power. Choice of either 1 extra Arcane Shot or quite a bit more damage on all abilities for 10 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by relindrani View Post
    Doesn't matter what kind of DK you have, Call of the Wild is a cooldown not a buff.
    A cooldown which provides a buff. What this healer is thinking is that the AP buff provided by the ability does not stack with the raid AP buff (such as the one blood DKs bring) meaning that if that is the case the cooldown is wasted by the OP and they should use a cunning pet for roar of recovery so their cooldown actually benefits them.

I have no idea if this is the case or not, but it's pretty obvious what this guy's line of thought is, I don't get what's so hard to understand about it.

Is he like... on crack or something? I don't even think Frost Dks give out a buff... (I lied, it's Icy Talons, 20% attack speed buff, so at least he's thinking of the same buff type...)

Seriously, tell him to *politely* learn a class before he starts to correct people that play it.

He talked to a Hunter on our server that does 50k, which is where he is obtaining this information from that uses RoR. He always wants me to use a Wind Serpent because of the fact the 8% Debuff stacks Warlocks debuff. Then again he said the Warlock shouldn't even be using that considering it screws with his DPS (Unsure of I don't play a Warlock)
    Last edited by Juvination; 2012-05-02 at 03:55 AM.

just because he leads two other raids doesn't mean he's a good player. it just means twice as many people have to deal with his stupidity.

Call of the wild stacks with other buffs and is a huge dps increase i cant work out the logic in his saying

Quote Originally Posted by Juvination View Post
    He talked to a Hunter on our server that does 50k, which is where he is obtaining this information from that uses RoR. He always wants me to use a Wind Serpent because of the fact the 8% Debuff stacks Warlocks debuff. Then again he said the Warlock shouldn't even be using that considering it screws with his DPS (Unsure of I don't play a Warlock)
    Since WHEN do those buffs stack? Since when DOESN'T Call of the Wild stack?

Since WHEN does using Curse of the Elements nerf a lock's dps? What other DPS-increasing curse would he use? Curse of Exhaustion? Curse of Tongues? Curse of Weakness? ((by the way, those are ALL the warlock Curses, and NONE OF THEM DO DAMAGE)

Everything your healer is saying is making me feel dumber just reading it. It's bad enough that I feel the urge to punch myself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Since WHEN do those buffs stack? Since when DOESN'T Call of the Wild stack?

Since WHEN does using Curse of the Elements nerf a lock's dps? What other DPS-increasing curse would he use? Curse of Exhaustion? Curse of Tongues? Curse of Weakness? ((by the way, those are ALL the warlock Curses, and NONE OF THEM DO DAMAGE)

Everything your healer is saying is making me feel dumber just reading it. It's bad enough that I feel the urge to punch myself in the face.
    According to him Bane.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I don't even know what the hell he can be confusing it with? Tell him an 8/8H hunter thinks he's a moron, whether or not he raid leads 2 other raids.
    Tell him 2 8/8h hunters think he needs to stick to playing his class and if he has issues with you bringing up with the guy leading the raid you are in.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvination View Post
    According to him Bane.
    Banes and curses stack

this sounds to me that him and the lock are friends and wants you to carry to lock by providing the debuff that the lock needs to cast himself

dont back down on this you are in the right and he is well and truly in the wrong if you lose your raid spot over this dont worry sounds to me you would be better of