Since MoP seems to be he shortest expansion yet. And me just picking up skyrim and enjoying it, and watching ESO vids. I'm looking forward to ESO, I think WoW might actually have competition this time lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    The combat system and the animations in Skyrim already weren't all that great. And this actually looks worse.

the archer gameplay pretty much looked like this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_y_Pa-AIB4

and don't get me started on the melee combat.
    I disagree I thought the combat style in skyrim is awesome.

I've dabbled with Morrowind along time ago it really didn't spark my interest. Dabbled in Oblivion then ended up getting lost in the game and losing interest. Playing Skyrim and lovin it. Eso looks like it willhave same style combat and lore aspects look awesome. I'm havingbig hopes for ESO I really hope im not disappointed lol.

I just watched the vid in this post now lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I really want to play this game with Oculus support and an Omni.

For the uninitiated:

no thnx I like 3rd person view in video games lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XanderZone View Post
    I will definitely purchase this game. I'm going to roll an Ebonheart Pact Nord Warrior, and I will be the best warrior in PvP. Back to the game itself though. People expect too much from MMORPGs ever since World of Warcraft set the bar. My advice to those people is to lower your standards or continue to live a disappointing life.
    lol I agree, my friend wants to go Ebonheart, but I want to be an Orc or Khajitii. Ugh I might have to be an Argonian

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Glad more people agree because I tried playing wow in a raid without dmg meter or visible dmg numbers, it felt like I didn't have any control of how much dps I did, it's only mentally, but i believe seeing that your damage increase visually creates an artificial feeling of getting stronger.
    I know what ya mean, I had to turn off my damage meter in a raid a couple weeks ago because of lag spikes. It makes you feel naked lol.
    Last edited by Goretex; 2013-08-05 at 07:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just found out that Elder Scrolls Online isn't being developed by Zenimex and not Bethesda. I am not happy anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Just found out that Elder Scrolls Online isn't being developed by Zenimex and not Bethesda. I am not happy anymore
    They created ZeniMax Online Studios for the very reason because Bethesda isn't filled with people who know how to make MMOs, plus they didn't want to burden them with making ESO along with all of their single player titles.

I think the game looks great so far, tried so many mmo's that tried to get the feeling of the game world right in terms of depth and detail, elder scrolls games always seemed to excel at that even if gameplay or combat wasnt up to par and I often overlooked those negatives due to the immersive world. This mmo seems from early videos and that stream to have captured some of what makes elder scrolls great, and tbh Id love to see an mmo that didnt rush you into leveling, wasnt all about pvp or end game but simply about adventures with or without your friends, something I hope they can accomplish.

Still hoping for that red glow around the mobs you target to be taken away. I prefer a red ring under them or something. Otherwise it's shaping up nicely, not too keen on the first person mode though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    Still hoping for that red glow around the mobs you target to be taken away. I prefer a red ring under them or something. Otherwise it's shaping up nicely, not too keen on the first person mode though.
    You need to remember that they JUST implemented first person mode, with hands, just a few months ago. For years this games third person animations have been polished up, so the game looks much better in third person. Give them time with first person. It was just recently added into the game, and they will be working on it throughout the entire beta making the animations look a lot more polished up.

things are so slow lately....

I'd really love for them to remove the NDA or at least give us something to look forward to.
    Something more than dev questions of the week and whatnot.

10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*

NDA's are still in effect, that means don't talk about NDA stuff. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-08-09 at 07:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    *snip*
    i got nothing no invites at all yet to ESO
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-08-09 at 07:08 PM.
    dragonmaw - EU

so, there's still no info about vampires?

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    so, there's still no info about vampires?
    Nothing new, at least from what I know, just that they are in game and you can develop Vampire skill sets.

I am not surprised that they aren't releasing much / any new information. With the push back on their release date, they need some ammo to hype people up with around the time they start opening up preorders like... "TAMABLE DRAGONZ!" or "SHOUTING NOW A WEAPON" so people start talking and posting about the game again.

Besides, a lot might be changing if they decide to further regear their game toward skyrim/console people. I predict that a lot of people who aren't traditionally MMO players will play and enjoy it but the MMO community will hate it and talk about how it failed to kill wow or something.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

So with this being pushed back, granted we knew this a while ago, Wildstar almost assuredly will be pushed back, and EQNext looks to be at least another year away, what is the next big mmo coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    So with this being pushed back, granted we knew this a while ago, Wildstar almost assuredly will be pushed back, and EQNext looks to be at least another year away, what is the next big mmo coming out?
    You mean coming out.... *soon* ?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    You mean coming out.... *soon* ?
    We usually get at least one big mmo come out per year. Have we gotten anything this year? Neverwinter maybe? Although I think that is a bit more niche.

I think that it's probably a good thing, for me, that there's no major MMOs coming out. I still have a huge backlog of games (read: mmos) to catch up on and RL will be pretty crazy over the next year.

Well that's true for me too. I have so many uncompleted games to finish and I do play some mmos as well.

I always love the new mmo smell though, it's almost always the best time to play them.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well that's true for me too. I have so many uncompleted games to finish and I do play some mmos as well.

I always love the new mmo smell though, it's almost always the best time to play them.
    While I agree that there's something to that initial, livily rush that accompanies a launch... I find that most MMOs need about a year to sort themselves out. I think that there's two driving factors behind that, the first is that there's more content, better optimization, and less bugs... The second is that the egos of the developers have usually been deflated by the 12 month mark, to the point where they are doing things that their community wants.

I hope at the 12 month mark that they don't listen too much to the community. I don't want another game to take the same direction as world of warcraft. A game company listening too much to their fans is kind of like a woman, they don't know what they want or what they stand for. Just think of it, when WotLK was at it's end WOW's subscriber numbers were still steady, they were steady in cataclysm as well, but after the big nerf it started declining. Now it's declining by alot every three months. Why? The game being too old is a factor, but that alone is far too thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    I hope at the 12 month mark that they don't listen too much to the community. I don't want another game to take the same direction as world of warcraft. A game company listening too much to their fans is kind of like a woman, they don't know what they want or what they stand for. Just think of it, when WotLK was at it's end WOW's subscriber numbers were still steady, they were steady in cataclysm as well, but after the big nerf it started declining. Now it's declining by alot every three months. Why? The game being too old is a factor, but that alone is far too thin.
    Well, I am talking about things that get like... 90% support by the community. Not like, 3 guys ask for pet battles and it happens.
    There's smart listening.

Also, games don't need to be based around some idealic design philosophy. It's just a product.

For example, I would really dig it if cadbury sold chocolate squares with vanilla cream instead of caramel. If like, 97% of the people who buy that brand agree with me, it's in the companies best interest to explore that. Not tell me that vanilla cream is plebeian.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-08-11 at 05:57 AM.