Here's another. Probably will be fixed by release, but amused me nonetheless. :P

"We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Meh.

While I'm happy that NDA is finally gone, I will now have to be carefull. I don't want spoilers regarding story or any interesting quest stuff like how to get vampire or something like that. I have nearly spoiled stuff for myself since people already have talked about these (i think) earlier in this thread. I want to encounter these things myself and not know what happens. Maybe I should stop coming to read this thread and just look at stuff like ShoddyCast who appear to care about lore and not spoil stuff.
    NDA is only lifted for level 1-17 content. Those who've experienced a longer beta can only give vague impressions about later content including VR.

That's because 1. it's unfair to media who don't have access to everything and 2. no spoilers.

I am allowed to say that Coldharbour (the actual zone, not the tutorial) is awesome and my favorite zone in the game.
    Last edited by Tabbycat; 2014-02-15 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beats Per Minute View Post
    I find them better than Skyrim's Orcs, Skin tones range from light green to dark brown in the creation screen. Though i admit they should have a more heavily muscular frame. Also the 'Swift' racial is kinda mind boggling to me, Orcs are generally not known as an agile race.
    Nope..there's not a SINGLE green option, it is all GREY. And believe me..I checked, and obsessed, alot about this. And you're of course free to think what you want, but I want my orcs more brutal and less docile and humie looking. But green, ESO's orcs, are not:S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Here's another. Probably will be fixed by release, but amused me nonetheless. :P

Well, he clearly needed a beter view.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    And you don't need a damage meter to tell that.
    No but it is helpful. What you are afraid of has nothing to do with addons.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Nope..there's not a SINGLE green option, it is all GREY. And believe me..I checked, and obsessed, alot about this. And you're of course free to think what you want, but I want my orcs more brutal and less docile and humie looking. But green, ESO's orcs, are not:S
    Take a female Orc in ESO, remove the tusks and give them pointy ears and you have a Dunmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Their current musculature doesn't seem out of place with how they've been presented in previous ES games, and is one of the highest in the game. They look fine, IMO.
    Yeah. I'm thankful that they're not ridiculously huge compared to most of the other races in the setting. It's quite refreshing and I'm glad Skyrim and ESO chose realism over the awful mentality of 'xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD ME ORC SO STRONK BEST RACE CUZ SO HUGE LOL!!!!' that seriously put me off the Horde at times back in WoW. It didn't stop there either - I actually saw people saying orcs were 'weak' in WoW because the tauren were larger. Yawn.

Just a heads up, the game was a huge pile of crap last weekend when I played it. If you're considering it, I present to you the TLDR version of ESO:

"Wow, this was better in Skyrim."

Quote Originally Posted by Tankitbetter View Post
    Just a heads up, the game was a huge pile of crap last weekend when I played it. If you're considering it, I present to you the TLDR version of ESO:

It was a stress test beta weekend, not an early access period. The purpose was to deliberately strain and break things in order to see what needed to be smoothed out and fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Expecting Skyrim was your first mistake.

Deleted
    Mount pricing:

The 17200 gold horse is the standard horse, starts with 15% speed and 0 stamina, 0 carrying capacity
    Every 20 hours you're able to upgrade your horse at a stable for 250 gold, to either increase the speed by 1% or the stamina or the capacity

the 42700 gold ones are the second tier, they start at 25% speed (Light), have more stamina (Gaited) or can carry more stuff (Draft)
    I don't know if they can be upgraded further thant the standard horse, or if they're just pre-upgraded.

(the textures are horrible...)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Speaking of color, was I the only one having trouble making a dark-skinned Redguard? The best I could get was a sort of beach tanned version.

Well, since the NDA is lifted, you can tell us exactly what was wrong with it instead of a vague "this is crap".

Opinions and all that, Your opinion of ESO being a pile of crap is my opinion of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beats Per Minute View Post
    Opinions and all that, Your opinion of ESO being a pile of crap is my opinion of WoW.
    It's not much of an opinion tbh
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I was picked for 2 betas for this..

All I can say is, after I played the first beta test, I gave my key to the 2nd beta test away because I found it so boring and offputting.

I created a character, first thing that happened was I couldn't leave the prison at the start.. after spending ages creating a character I really liked the look of. I tried relogging several times and was stuck wondering, am I suppose to find something in this prison? I looked around for ages before realising it was bugged... luckily, this is beta and they can fix that though.

I made a new character and it worked perfectly, but couldn't be bothered changing the appearance of it after what happened last time. I ran around killing stuff for the quests, but I found the combat exceptionally boring and after progressing a little and completing some quests, I got my last quest and said to myself, I can't be arsed with this anymore. This happened with at least 3 other friends I knew playing it - I don't know any of my friends who enjoyed it.

Basically my opinion on this game is... it's not like Skyrim or other Elder Scrolls games, it's more like any other MMO, which has had Skyrim character customization implanted into it and a crap combat system. When people say "it's like Skyrim but online", it's really... really not. This is what people are expecting it to be like... and they are going to be surprised :P

This game needs to get people to want to progress their character through it, for it to be successful. I don't really see this happening, I think most people can't be arsed either.

We'll see anyway, hope they make something of this opportunity because at the moment it was a disappointment to me.
    Last edited by Adam552; 2014-02-15 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    Is that what the horse looks like on high graphics settings?...

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I hope not, if so then It would be pretty sad if a 10 year old game(WoW) had better mount textures then you did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like it. Textures are kinda shit. But then again, textures have never been an Elder Scrolls strong point.

Deleted

yes, everything on max.
    But this is as far zoomed in as possible.