Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Conestul View Post
    Quick! Quick! Can you send out a wambulance? Waaa Waaa Waaa...

Please post constructively

@ Darsithis.

Cause OP's post is really constructive right? God whenever i think these forums reached the bottom someone always manage to dig a new low.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    @ Darsithis.

Cause OP's post is really constructive right? God whenever i think these forums reached the bottom someone always manage to dig a new low.
    just because YOU think the OP's point is minor doesn't mean it is absolutely without merit. I feel it's a very minor thing to point out too... but he also has hidden within there an point that I can see - and I could see how somebody might get irritated when a baloon keeps taking up half the screen when you're in combat due to camera work. To this guy, this is the equivalent of somebody dropping a train at the cave entrance in AV. :P

...you could just say "feh" and move onto a discussion you feel is more worth your time instead of posting here, you know. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been asked a whopping one time ever -- excluding classic when raids had a no vanity pet rule due to lag -- to put a pet away because someone kept mistargeting it (to be fair, it was a kite with a biscuit) and I gladly obliged because they were polite about it. I've asked someone else to put away a pet no more than a couple times ever (the argent squire because a misclick will open a dialogue box). I have a hard time imagining many circumstances where a pet can disrupt gameplay, but I know it can happen on rare occasion. If it's genuinely interfering with play, ask nicely. If you're just easily irritated, then that's your problem and you'll just have to deal with it.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

15+ Year Old Account
    anyone else going to start using the balloon in dungeons just because he's irritated : d

Less qq more pew pew

10+ Year Old Account
    QQ notwithstanding, I do think the /pop idea with the balloons is great. I really dig the more active/interactive pets.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

while i think this is a stupid whine... i can't help but think that being able to pop other people's balloon pets would be fucking awesome and hilarious.

can we ignore his crybaby bs and adopt that suggestion? it'd give many lulz
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Only if I get a bucket of weedkiller for that sodding flower.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    Just when you think you've heard every whine in the book.
    Lmfao yes, it's amazing how they can still surprise you, isn't it?

While pets in dungeons doesn't affect me at all, the pop idea is kind of awesome. Maybe a new engi pet called "pokey thing-a-ma-jig'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    Why would you run on low ress on a widescreen monitor anyway?

Pets ae awesome. If you don't like it, find another game :>
    I remember in ICC, on rotface the OT had to have a vanity pet with a mark on its head so the raid could see where he was to run to with an ooze (as marks replaced the existing mark on peoples heads)
    Ahhh the good old days

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    If it's truly common knowledge... as you claim it is, then everyone would adhere to that standard now wouldn't they? As for your "it's part of the discipline of being a raider" ideal... I don't really know what to say about that... My tanks used a vanity pet on Rotface tons of times... before the arrow was added.
    The difference between raiders between WoW and EQ2 is astonishing at times. Huntards here will pull bosses for "fun" wiping a raid even for giggles. EQ2 you pull for "fun" a boss you may never group/raid again, but not before dying as no healer will heal you ("you pull it, you tank it" applies).

The former is lacking discipline, the latter enforces it. Which is why you put up cosmetic pets in EQ2 in groups/raids. No pet is worth losing grouping/raiding. Why it's sooooooo common knowledge!
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

This thread made me wish I can have multiple pets with me at all times.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

We had a raid back in Wrath where one of the priests complained that non combat pets were slowing his PC down and making him lag, and would we all be serious and put them away. Even made a big rant about it on or forum.

The next raid, we went from 5 players having pets out, to 24.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    We had a raid back in Wrath where one of the priests complained that non combat pets were slowing his PC down and making him lag, and would we all be serious and put them away. Even made a big rant about it on or forum.

The next raid, we went from 5 players having pets out, to 24.
    Good show old chap!

Any chance you have screenshots? I'd really love to see them and giggle maniacally.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

this.
    also I for one add biscuits to annoy people even more.

Deleted
    So, there are people who are annoyed by this thing? Awesome.
    I will make sure to get a balloon ASAP, just to make people like the OP write angry posts on a forum.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ha ha. I totally want a balloon popper now.

I imagine it being like the train wrecker. A mechagnome comes and fires a laser gun at the balloon, popping it. That would be so awesome...

10+ Year Old Account
    My thoughts exactly!!! I legit LOLd when I read this, cause it's so true.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.