Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    If is not F2P, not playing. Blizzard's develop cycles are too slow IMO opinion to justify P2P in todays MMO industry. F2P games release content faster than Blizzard. Its like that stagger their content releases to get you to pay for an extra month. WoW got away with it but there are too many free alternatives out in the wild.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Why can't Titan be f2p, considering they're going to use real world advertisements in game to pay for it. This really tells us nothing, I think you're reading way too much into it.
    its funny they are planning to go that route with the advertisement, because didnt Planetside do that when it was dying? (I didnt play the game but its what ive heard is they had advertisements all over the place.)

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    We've known Titan would be an MMO for a long time. The FPS rumors were whether or not it would be an MMOFPS... which honestly, it still could be, since FPS RPGs exist. We know nothing. :P
    Good find, but very much this. I would consider PlanetSide, for example, an FPS, though it was also certainly an MMORPG with character advancement, experience points, and the like. I think a game could still be an MMORPG in the truest sense, yet played from an FPS perspective. I don't see them competing with WoW so directly. Either way, I'm still hoping its a shooter.

---------- Post added 2012-05-10 at 01:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    its funny they are planning to go that route with the advertisement, because didnt Planetside do that when it was dying? (I didnt play the game but its what ive heard is they had advertisements all over the place.)
    Yep.. It got a little out of hand honestly. Just seemed very out of place. They're still stubborn at $15/mo til this day though, here's to hoping PS2 brings out the games full potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Why can't Titan be f2p, considering they're going to use real world advertisements in game to pay for it. This really tells us nothing, I think you're reading way too much into it.
    INTRODUCING CALL OF DUTY 241,342,156,342: MODERN ALIEN DECIMATED POST APOCALYPTIC JUNGLE ADVENTURE 2045
    DOWNLOAD THE SIX EXTRA PIECES OF DLC TO PLAY ONLINE FOR JUST $64.99 EACH!

I'm sure that'll be very enjoyable to see on every wall, blimp, taxi and cocaine riddled pimp's hat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    INTRODUCING CALL OF DUTY 241,342,156,342: MODERN ALIEN DECIMATED POST APOCALYPTIC JUNGLE ADVENTURE 2045
    DOWNLOAD THE SIX EXTRA PIECES OF DLC TO PLAY ONLINE FOR JUST $64.99 EACH!

I'm sure that'll be very enjoyable to see on every wall, blimp, taxi and cocaine riddled pimp's hat.
    I imagine something more along the lines of this. Plenty of ways to put a "coke" logo on something and make it feel natural and not invasive.

Titan will be F2P with in game advertisement and micro transactions.

Deleted
    Not sure how I feel about this, though I'll probably give it a try. I've never been keen on the FPS genre aside from games like Fallout. It's hard to imagine Titan as an MMORPG if it's going to be full of advertisements for stuff out of the real world. A large part of the reason as to why WoW is starting to become less and less of an MMORPG is due to the growing focus on pop culture references. It never used to be so extreme, either...though it seems as if developers and investors have sold out and insist on bringing subliminal advertising to the gaming genre. Not unexplored territory, but a real shame if it begins to set a trend.

Deleted
    Can't wait for Titan! :-)

Men, I will shit on my pants if Titan has any resemblance to Fallout games (post-apocalyptic world). A well done Fallout MMO will be the end of my *real* life. Being a little more objetive, I think it is World of Starcraft. That's good too.

Little off topic, what would happen if the Xel'Nagas (SC) == Titans (WoW)?

seems like Atlas will be the name of it. all great guesses for world of starcraft. I would try it! PROTOSS!!

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to die laughing if Titan is just the Blizzard dota game.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    I'm going to die laughing if Titan is just the Blizzard dota game.
    They already named that. It's Blizzard All Stars. They would have said if it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DungeonMaster View Post
    Men, I will shit on my pants if Titan has any resemblance to Fallout games (post-apocalyptic world). A well done Fallout MMO will be the end of my *real* life. Being a little more objetive, I think it is World of Starcraft. That's good too.

Little off topic, what would happen if the Xel'Nagas (SC) == Titans (WoW)?
    Oh my, what a bump!

Anyways, what I heard at last BlizzCon, the DOTA game they're making will be part of the SC2:HotS minigames, not a game for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Well, technically you can call something like Mass Effect both a FPS and a RPG. The line is not exactly clear cut.
    Planetside 2 is the closest thing to a MMOFPSRPG. It's F2P and it is a lot of fun.

I don't want it to be FTP at all. I am so sick of the greedy cash shop slash AH that every single FTP game has. I love how gold and cash don't get you anywhere in WoW, and I sure hope that the same will be true in the new MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vand3tz View Post

Guessing the F2P game is DotA, which leaves the MMORPG as Titan.

We all knew it would be, but looks like it's been confirmed.

No more 'it's an FPS' rumours I guess.
    Far too early to tell. Whatever titan is or isn't, it's just simply too early to tell. We literally have no information about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Since it's a new IP but has something to do with the blizzard current franchises, i bet it will be something related to the titans in wow, the ultimate creators.