Page 1 of 3
LastLast

5/15 Maintance Patch 1.2.4

Originally Posted by SWTOR

Patch 1.2.4

Classes and Combat
    General
    • The Guard ability can now be reapplied if the player dies with it activated. Previously, players sometimes received an error indicating that their target was already guarded.

Sith Inquisitor
    General
    • Lightsaber Charge's audio effects no longer loop indefinitely.

Companion Characters
    Xalek
    • Xalek now receives the correct amount of Shield Absorption from equipped gear.

Crew Skills
    Crafting Skills
    • French and German tooltips now indicate the percentage chance for reverse engineering.

Flashpoints and Operations
    General
    • Players who advance from level 49 to 50 while near an Operation phase gate now see the gate color change to indicate their eligibility to enter.

Flashpoints
    Directive 7
    • Players can no longer obtain the missions for Story and Hard Mode for this Flashpoint at the same time.

Lost Island
    • LR-5 Sentinel Droid now reliably activates his Plasma Coils during the encounter.

The Battle of Ilum
    • Players can no longer obtain the missions for Story and Hard Mode for this Flashpoint at the same time.

The Black Talon
    • An audio effect from the fusion cutter in this Flashpoint no longer loops indefinitely.

The False Emperor

Operations
    Explosive Conflict
    • General Vorgath's speech now features the correct voice modulation.

Items and Economy
    General
    • Rebreather head slot items now appear on Sith Pureblood characters.
    • Equipping a hooded robe in combination with certain head slot items no longer causes baldness.
    • Players can no longer add color crystals to some items that did not appear to have color crystal slots, causing the crystals to become irretrievable.

Missions and NPCs
    World Missions
    Belsavis
    • Breakthrough: All members of the group now receive credit for completed of this mission.

Ilum
    • World Story missions on Ilum can no longer be abandoned.

Taris
    • No Escape: Republic Astromech Droids are no longer attacked by nearby friendly forces.

Voss
    • Players can no longer complete The Dark Hollow without first completing Primary Target. Completing these missions out of order could prevent players from completing Primary Target.

Class Missions
    Jedi Knight
    • Fate of the Jedi: The cinematic with the Jedi Council no longer takes much longer than intended to begin playing.

Jedi Consular
    • Automated Defense: Euphony Guard Droids now count towards this mission objective.
    • Vivicar Awaits: This mission can no longer become blocked if a player logs out during the “Defeat the Ambush” step.

Sith Inquisitor
    • Into the Pit: The final conversation with Major Bessiker can no longer be repeated.

Imperial Agent
    • Shadow of the Dark Lord: Darth Zhorrid now follows through with her threat to torture a character in one of the dialogue paths in this mission.
    • The Star Chamber: Players who destroy the codex and fight the Sith Lords aboard the station are now able to enter the Tenebrous to complete the mission. Players who were previously blocked from completing it must reset the mission.

Trooper
    • The Battle of Corellia: The Striker One Uplink can now be used from the mission tracker.

PvP
    General
    • Mini-pets can no longer be summoned inside Warzones.
    • A fix for some causes of players becoming stuck dead in Warzones has been implemented, though the issue may still rarely occur.

Warzones
    Voidstar
    • Characters that exit the protected spawn area before the match begins are now killed.

UI
    Guild Bank
    • Crafted items stored in the Guild Bank now display their tooltips correctly.

Social
    • Closing the Add Friend dialogue no longer makes the Add Friend button on the friends list unusable.

Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
    • Actions in the UI layout editor, chat window, and crafting window now prevent a player from being labeled as AFK.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-05-15 at 02:25 PM.

Saw a thread on the official forum that lightsaber idle noises for a Juggernaut were not playing at all. The ignition noise of the saber happened, but the constant hum afterwards was said to have been removed :S

This could be the case for all saber classes. Bit of a fail there if true.

Yea I saw that too =/ waiting on a dev to confirm or deny.

10+ Year Old Account
    -Mini-pets can no longer be summoned inside Warzones.

Well, I'm out. Not even sure if I'm joking yet.

Yea... that is the most random change on there. Only thing I can think of is maybe if everyone had a pet out in a warzone it could cause lag issues? Still feels weird because if it was a problem in warzones why isn't it a problem in ops? (Not to in anyway indicate that I think we shouldn't be able to have pets out in ops, I would be against that)

Anyone know if the sound bug was corrected?

The one where cinematics only played part of the dialog and stuff like that.

Well at least this bug is hilarious.

Originally Posted by SWTOR
    Hi everyone! We are currently investigating the issue where certain headslot items are causing Ashara's head to disappear. To help us gather information, please post in this thread with the name of any helmets that cause this to occur. Your reports are appreciated!

(Source)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Yea... that is the most random change on there. Only thing I can think of is maybe if everyone had a pet out in a warzone it could cause lag issues? Still feels weird because if it was a problem in warzones why isn't it a problem in ops? (Not to in anyway indicate that I think we shouldn't be able to have pets out in ops, I would be against that)
    The issue raised on the pvp forums was that enemy players with pets deployed caused targeting issues since the for some odd reason player pets can be tab targeted to, so instead of making them non-tab targetable, you simply can not bring them out in WZ's any more. This is a quick and dirty fix, I would assume that at some point they will make them only targetable if you actually click on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    -Mini-pets can no longer be summoned inside Warzones.

Well, I'm out. Not even sure if I'm joking yet.
    Really how is that a breaking thing for this game?
    Why does that matter to you at all?

That is so insignificant I'm surprised it was even mentioned in the patch notes.

Wow, PVP players are fickle over nothing.

Deleted
    i would guess because you could accidentally target them it's just a case of making pvp as balanced as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    The issue raised on the pvp forums was that enemy players with pets deployed caused targeting issues since the for some odd reason player pets can be tab targeted to, so instead of making them non-tab targetable, you simply can not bring them out in WZ's any more. This is a quick and dirty fix, I would assume that at some point they will make them only targetable if you actually click on them.
    Oh well that's weird... Shows how often I PvP these day

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousCarnage View Post
    Really how is that a breaking thing for this game?
    Why does that matter to you at all?

That is so insignificant I'm surprised it was even mentioned in the patch notes.

Wow, PVP players are fickle over nothing.
    No need to pick on people because they care about things you don't.

No need to pick on people because they care about things you don't.
    I didn't call names, I didn't insult, I didn't even outright disagree. I wasn't picking on anyone.

They gave no reason as to why this insignificant change was somehow important to them. I was baffled as to why it's so crucial they would suddenly consider leaving the game because of something that, on the surface, means absolutely nothing.

I didn't call names, I didn't insult, I didn't even outright disagree. I wasn't picking on anyone.

They gave no reason as to why this insignificant change was somehow important to them. I was baffled as to why it's so crucial they would suddenly consider leaving the game because of something that, on the surface, means absolutely nothing.
    Crucial? I wouldnt say its crucial but just so you can get a big pic of what the problem was imagine this, if all the member of the opposing team would have a pet out you would constantly see 16 healthplates.

Bioware had the awesome idea of making pets have healthplates like lets say, you!

Bioware instead of correcting this omiting pet's healthplates, decided to just take the shortcut of banning pets from wzs.

I'm getting tired every day that passes with theses lazy shortcuts tbh, either they baffle me in the next few weeks or ... well lets hope...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Crucial? I wouldnt say its crucial but just so you can get a big pic of what the problem was imagine this, if all the member of the opposing team would have a pet out you would constantly see 16 healthplates.

Bioware had the awesome idea of making pets have healthplates like lets say, you!

Bioware instead of correcting this omiting pet's healthplates, decided to just take the shortcut of banning pets from wzs.

I'm getting tired every day that passes with theses lazy shortcuts tbh, either they baffle me in the next few weeks or ... well lets hope...
    my god are you serious is there any point to having pets in warzones NO its not a lazy shortcut its taking out something that has no place in a WZ

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    my god are you serious is there any point to having pets in warzones NO its not a lazy shortcut its taking out something that has no place in a WZ
    Exactly, it's not extremely lazy especially when you compare it to other companies like blizzard taking some of the laziest ideas in history and have millions of fans eating it all up like its a godly idea.

Now if it was something actually important in the game that they took a shortcut on I can understand how people could be mad at Bioware being lazy. But it was an insignificant thing that had a quick and easy solution that truly hurts noone so they actually took it probably/possibly to focus on real problems out there

Theres no reason to have pets in warzones. It's likely the only people who are truely mad at this are the ones exploiting the problem for thier own advantage, cluttering up the battleground so they can't be easily fought

You don't need to insult someone to be unnecessarily aggressive to them.

You don't need to insult someone to be unnecessarily aggressive to them.
    /sigh.

I always knew mods were way too oversensitive in this forum this is just some nice proof. I wasn't insulting or aggressive yet it seems I was very close to getting an official reprimand because you decided to read it that way. Glad I didn't, but it seems no one is going to answer my initial questions at all and I don't want to risk getting another mods feathers out of order because they read non-aggressive things as aggressive.

The pet issue is not that important to me, I thought people could give a logical/easy explanation as to why that guy thought it was important enough to possibly consider leaving the game but I'm not gonna push for it for my own accounts safety.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I had to explain myself to the Grand High Pooba of the SWTOR forms.

If you must know, I like having my Taun-Taun ram out when I PvP. He's cute and he makes cute noises. Since it takes 20 fucking minutes to get a PvP queue because I got stuck on a heavy-turned-light server, my interest in playing this game is hanging on by the narrowest thread. I'm trying to squeeze out every little bit of enjoyment I can to justify my continued support of this thing. When I see them taking the time to change some inconsequential shit that also happens to be something I like, it simultaneously makes the game slightly less fun and reminds me that they aren't throwing every single resource they have on fixing the biggest problem this game has: depressed server population. That, in turn, makes me think "fuck these guys, I'm going to play Diablo 3."

That a good enough answer for you, chief?
    Last edited by Beavis; 2012-05-16 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I'm sorry, I didn't realize I had to explain myself to the Grand High Pooba of the SWTOR forms.

If you must know, I like having my Taun-Taun ram out when I PvP. He's cute and he makes cute noises. Since it takes 20 fucking minutes to get a PvP queue because I got stuck on a heavy-turned-light server, my interest in playing this game is hanging on by the narrowest thread. I'm trying to squeeze out every little bit of enjoyment I can to justify my continued support of this thing. When I see them taking the time to change some inconsequential shit that also happens to be something I like, it simultaneously makes the game slightly less fun and reminds me that they aren't throwing every single resource they have on fixing the biggest problem this game has: depressed server population. That, in turn, makes me think "fuck these guys, I'm going to play Diablo 3."

That a good enough answer for you, chief?
    Not a very good answer but at least it is kinda an answer. So I was right when I guessed the fickle thing (P.S. fickle is not name calling it's just a descriptive word/observation with no harsh connotation)

See now that post quoted sounded sarcastic and, although not very insulting names, there was name calling but I'm sure there will be no quarrel with your snippy reply especially since you mentioned crawling to blizzard. That seems to get people with attitude off without a hitch no matter where they post on this website

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a very good answer but at least it is kinda an answer. So I was right when I guessed the fickle thing (P.S. fickle is not name calling it's just a descriptive word/observation with no harsh connotation)

See now that sounded sarcastic and, although not very insulting names, there was name calling but I'm sure there will be no quarrel with your snippy reply especially since you mentioned crawling to blizzard, that seems to get people with attitude off without a hitch no matter where they post on this website
    I was snippy because you were snippy. Who are you to tell me what should and shouldn't piss me off about a product I'm paying for?