Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Dude/ma'am, Imperius was a BADASS. He was one hell of a bamf. Sickest armor, master at fighting, stood face to face with Diablo without any fear. Sure he got run through by Diablos spike. But he lived. Yet I'm not sure if it's clear if he died or not right before you fight Diablo. The other angels were moving a bit after that gas stuff knocked 'em all down. But he was still. And he wasn't in the cinematic at the end, I have a feeling he's dead. But I really hope not.

But we all know, Blizz is going to do a fall from grace storyline and he'll be a boss at some point, as stupid as it is.

I liked we dont get closure on Leah, she was an innocent life lost in the war, I really hope we don't get some crappy redemption storyline though.

Angels don't really die. Even if they fall in battle they're kind of...reincarnated from the Arch. Though this supposedly only happens at a moment of "great harmony" and harmony has been missing from Heaven for awhile now.

It's similar to how Diablo never actually dies, even when Impirius slays him (in that great cartoon). He goes back to hell and is eventually "reborn".

The only seeming way to kill either of them is to banish them to the mysterious Abyss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    So Tyrael is mortal, who is going to be Wisdom. Forever. As a mortal.
    /brainexplode
    That was indeed a big WTF moment to be honest. I mean Tyrael knows that mortals die, or ? He says that he is going to be Wisdom, forever ?? That does not make any sense.

Have I missed something in that cinematic?
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2012-05-23 at 12:40 PM.

Well... Chris Metzen WAS the story writer. Go figure (I read the credits lol).

Overall I didn't really care. Then again I never really care about story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    That was indeed a big WTF moment to be honest. I mean Tyrael knows that mortals die, or ?
    He does indeed. Paraphrasing from a conversation with him in act III:

Hero: "So what's the biggest change now that you're mortal?"
    Tyrael: "That I'm going to die."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    He does indeed. Paraphrasing from a conversation with him in act III:

Hero: "So what's the biggest change now that you're mortal?"
    Tyrael: "That I'm going to die."
    Yeah I know that line as I have done the conversation achievements already but that does not make any sense if you watch the last cinematic.

Tyrael clearly says that he will be wisdom ... forever. I dunno but maybe magic will keep him alive forever ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I know that line as I have done the conversation achievements already but that does not make any sense if you watch the last cinematic.

Tyrael clearly says that he will be wisdom ... forever. I dunno but maybe magic will keep him alive forever ?
    maybe hes psuedo-mortal? like time has no hold on his body, but should anything happen to him, he can die

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    So Tyrael is mortal, who is going to be Wisdom. Forever. As a mortal.
    /brainexplode
    he never said he's going to be there forever...
    He said:
    "I will now stand as Wisdom. On behalf of all those who risked all to save us. Forevermore we shall stand together. Angels and men"..

Which means that mortals and angels should work together forever, not that he himself will be there forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    I read somewhere that Diablo 4 is pretty much coming either way, an open ending which also allows for expansion is much better as wrapping it all up tbh.
    That and...why stop this gravy train? It's already proven to be a giant cash cow, why kill it off? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Aye, from what I understand the Black Soul Stone fell to earth, and Adria is still running about. Hello Expansions.
    ^i agree with this guy.
    You can complain about Tyrael becoming mortal all you want, but remember Diablo 1 and 2? Everything Tyrael did lead up to him becoming mortal (leave the angels), including the destruction of the worldstone.
    I actually suspect that the DS ending was ripped off Tyrael becoming mortal (since D3 has been longer in dev than 4.3).
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    The real WTF moment of the story is Diablo getting tits. Your grand evil has just upgraded to a c cup... wtf?!

Hey, the templar told me he remembers the stories about Leoric when he was a child, no more than 5 minutes later he tells me he can't remember anything from before joining the order. I don't think consistency is something they do well at Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatInternet View Post
    If you are playing diablo for the plot, you're gonna have a bad time.

But yeah, the DS ending was the lamest ending in history, the diablo one was very similar too, though it wasn't about all angels becoming mortal, it was just tyreal, but he's basically the aspects combined.
    Morel like Tyrael is realizing being mortal does not make him less.

Either Enchantress or Shen says that Leah knew the horadrim/horadric protective spells and it was possible that it protected her soul from Diablo's corruption.

Deleted
    I mean Tyrael knows that mortals die, or ? He says that he is going to be Wisdom, forever ?? That does not make any sense
    They will put it down to time flows differently in the high heavens.

Imperius - wounded by "the prime evil" chances are he is corrupted and is gonna fall, if there is an expansion will probably see him grabbing the soulstone from where it fell / during fall.

Deleted
    The only thing I didn't like about the story was in the first few acts the tale about Leah/Adria is built up, no mention of angels other than Tyrael at all, then suddenly, angels take over and Leah gets on cameo line before you face Diablo. The end cinematic was nice and well written just didn't seem to follow the flow of the story is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you played the game you'd have noticed that the Black Soulstone is flawed (because it's fabricated) and cannot contain all that evil within it forever which is why Leah was using her magic to strengthen the stone's hold on the Lords and Lady of Hell. So the 7 evils will be free again because of that or because the stone will fall to a ground and shatter into a zilion pieces. They need some kind of open ending for the comming expansions anyway don't they I hope to see Mephisto again for that matter.

---------- Post added 2012-05-23 at 05:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    The real WTF moment of the story is Diablo getting tits. Your grand evil has just upgraded to a c cup... wtf?!
    Yh that had me as well... it was kinda like Alien, where the Xenomorph has some characteristics of the host body it grew in. I'm just glad D didn't inherit a feminine voice though... There's supposed to be only 1 female evil and that's Andariel.

Seriously Imperius is the biggest badass besides diablo.
    Only because Tyrael's a freakin' mortal now. /grumble

However I can understand that Imperius was kinda pissed in Act 4 !! We, with Tyrael, were the ones responsible for Adria´s betrayal or at least we have not seen it until it was too late and thus lead diablo to the Heavens.

So yeah I would be pissed too.
    Well if he hadn't gone off the deep end at Tyrael and made him choose to fall thus making us waste THE WHOLE FIRST ACT, maybe we'd have been able to stop it. Adria wouldn't have been able to just go "*bzzap*, no interruptions, halo boy. I'm turning my daughter into the greatest the world and the heavens have ever known."

The balck soulstone clearly disintegrated while falling. The trace of dust it trailed dissipated long before the cloud coverage and there was nothing left.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    The balck soulstone clearly disintegrated while falling. The trace of dust it trailed dissipated long before the cloud coverage and there was nothing left.
    While I am one to consider this, it is possible it just goes out of eyesight.

Who knows, guess we'll see. ;p
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Only because Tyrael's a freakin' mortal now. /grumble

Well if he hadn't gone off the deep end at Tyrael and made him choose to fall thus making us waste THE WHOLE FIRST ACT, maybe we'd have been able to stop it. Adria wouldn't have been able to just go "*bzzap*, no interruptions, halo boy. I'm turning my daughter into the greatest the world and the heavens have ever known."
    Well yeah I found it a bit odd that we spend 80% of the first act assembling tyraels sword and then rescuing him from the cult. That was kinda stupid to be honest.

If I think about it then you actually spend 100% of the first act on tyrael because you only kill the skeleton king because he fell into that stupid cathedral.

I would have loved if Tyrael was involved as an angel. I mean why go mortal? Yeah I know that there are rules that forbid angels direct intervention with humans but still Tyrael was 10000% pure badassness as an angel and now he is a mere mortal