Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I kinda don't get how tearing off his wings makes him mortal. Past lore suggested Angels are actually the wings and the armor is just something they manipulate as a tool. A human is the unholy love child from a Demon and an Angel. It doesn't really make sense to me.

The loss of wings was just symbolic. I'm guessing it was some sort of conscientious choice on Tyrael's part. Imperious was clearly aware of the possibility, with his "sacrilege" remark.

Deleted
    I might be completely wrong here, but didn't Diablo "consume" all demons sealed within the Black Soulstone? Shouldn't really matter if it falls down to Sanctuary as long as no Prime Evils are within the Soulstone now, should it? (correct me here if I'm wrong, not 100% read up on the D3 lore!)

Who knows. As far as I know it's impossible to actually kill Angels and Demons permanently. So far they always come back. The best they could do in the past is trap them in soulstones. It stands to reason there is only the Prime Evil now, but it all depends on where they want to take it. I'm already excited for the expansions to see what they're planning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    So Tyrael is mortal, who is going to be Wisdom. Forever. As a mortal.
    /brainexplode
    Yeah, how can he become the Archangel of Wisdom as a mortal?

Doesn't that mean he'll eventually die?
    Doesn't that mean he now also has evil within him and thus isn't fit to take that spot of an angel?

I think it would've made more sense for him to become an angel again at the end.

Anyway, I believe Blizzard has written themselves into a corner here.
    How can Diablo 3 expansion or Diablo 4 EVER be exciting now that we've learned that the nephalem are practically gods WAY above either angels or demons?

Nothing compares to the nephalem, so why should we be excited that the black soulstone isn't destroyed and that Diablo might return, or even that Adria still lives? THEY DON'T STAND A CHANCE against the nephalem. They've already lost even before we start. That makes for a boring story imo.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    /brainexplode
    You cant explaint that
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

It's possible Tyrael won't be subject to time. But if you stab him, he'll die.

Though he didn't say he'd be Wisdom forever. Only that Angels and Men will work together forever.

We only need to worry about 3 lines of the prophecy. "Valor shall turn to Wrath", Imperius obviously. "Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all", speculated to be Malthael (who went mad after the destruction of the Worldstone and is searching for the "unknowable truths of life and death". And finally "As Fate lies shattered forever", something bad happening to Itherael.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Seriously Imperius is the biggest badass besides diablo.

The Tyrael cinematic where they fight was just absolutely brilliant and the Diamondgate one was the best cinematic I have seen EVER.

However I can understand that Imperius was kinda pissed in Act 4 !! We, with Tyrael, were the ones responsible for Adria´s betrayal or at least we have not seen it until it was too late and thus lead diablo to the Heavens.

So yeah I would be pissed too.
    Sortoff true, but Imperius is definetly too hot tempered and doesn't care for anything besides fighting.
    IF he could he would just kill diablo over and over again, even if he had the chance to permanently lock him away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore View Post
    We only need to worry about 3 lines of the prophecy. "Valor shall turn to Wrath", Imperius obviously. "Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all", speculated to be Malthael (who went mad after the destruction of the Worldstone and is searching for the "unknowable truths of life and death". And finally "As Fate lies shattered forever", something bad happening to Itherael.
    I read somewhere he left the Concil after the destruction of the World Stone, but somewhere else it says that he left when the World Stone was stolen, predating the creation of Sanctuary.
    People are reading the prophecies diferently, we have several prophets here.

@another post- Also the nephalem were tone down once, doesnt mean they can't be again.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatInternet View Post
    If you are playing diablo for the plot, you're gonna have a bad time.
    If you french fry when you're supposed to pizza youre gonna have a.....?

Bad time. alright.

sorry, I had to

---------- Post added 2012-05-23 at 10:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Sortoff true, but Imperius is definetly too hot tempered and doesn't care for anything besides fighting.
    IF he could he would just kill diablo over and over again, even if he had the chance to permanently lock him away.
    And apparently keeps his armory in the ceiling tiles considering he has to fly up in the air every time he gets his spear out.
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlyman View Post
    I read somewhere he left the Concil after the destruction of the World Stone, but somewhere else it says that he left when the World Stone was stolen, predating the creation of Sanctuary.
    People are reading the prophecies diferently, we have several prophets here.

@another post- Also the nephalem were tone down once, doesnt mean they can't be again.
    Their power was decreased with the Worldstone, which no longer exists.

Malthael went missing after the Worldstone's destruction, though he's apparently "darkened" since the creation of Sanctuary. Sourced from the Book of Cain.

This ending fits Diablo far more than it fits WoW.

Mortals are the creation of the joining of an Angel and a Demon, and thus have the potential to wield immense power that neither Angels nor Demons could have on their own.

There are still expansions to look forward to. Odds are we will see Leah again, Covetus Shen mentions her when you speak to him after she turns into Diablo. And considering this old man is a god and knowledgeable beyond most other chars in the game, ill take his word for it that her soul isn't as fragile as our chars give credit.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

I thought the ending was just fine. The whole message of the last act was that the Nephalem (the children of angels and demons) were the only ones that could stop Diablo. It's understandable that this, and Tyreal's meddling with the affairs of Sanctuary, would lead to some sort of pact between them.

And yes. The Black Soulstone is seen falling from Diablo's corpse, and Adria is still alive. Blizzard wanted to leave an opening for an expansion/sequal.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    There are other bits that have not yet come to pass, either:

And at the end of days, Wisdom shall be lost
    as Justice falls upon the world of men.
    Valor shall turn to Wrath--
    and all Hope will be swallowed by Despair.
    Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all--
    As Fate lies shattered forever.

Brother Malachi is also a great source of prophetic lines. Here's one I've yet to fully puzzle out:
    "What was once one shall become four. Though the three shall become one, never again will the four be whole."

I know it's referring at least partially to the Lesser Evils (the four) and the Prime Evils (the three), but it seems like there's more to it... The second sentence seems to be referring to Diablo as the Prime Evil and suggesting that the Lesser Evils are gone for good, the first sentence is a bit of an enigma still.
    I believe the quote from brother Malachi about the 4 is a reference to the remaining 4 of the council. Meaning they were all unified (one) and they became 4 when Mathael left and disappeared. The three has to be a reference to diablo and his brothers combining and the reference for the 4 will never become whole again means that some if not all of them will die in the final battle or even the fact they will never be united again as the council with mathael gone aka becoming death.

This is what I believe:
    Auriel will die. Itharius(fate) will be killed as well. With their deaths Imperius is pushed to the edge and goes for complete revenge. Reminds me almost like the movie Seven.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zechs-cenarius View Post
    Auriel will die. Itharius(fate) will be killed as well. With their deaths Imperius is pushed to the edge and goes for complete revenge. Reminds me almost like the movie Seven.
    I bet Imperius kills both of them. The black soul stone was said to have the ability to absorb the souls of angles. There was also a line that said angels will unleash their wrath on Humanity when there is no more demon blood to spill.

Quote Originally Posted by Zechs-cenarius View Post
    I believe the quote from brother Malachi about the 4 is a reference to the remaining 4 of the council. Meaning they were all unified (one) and they became 4 when Mathael left and disappeared. The three has to be a reference to diablo and his brothers combining and the reference for the 4 will never become whole again means that some if not all of them will die in the final battle or even the fact they will never be united again as the council with mathael gone aka becoming death.

This is what I believe:
    I think you started right. One became 4 when Malthael left. However I think the 3 are Auriel, Itherael, and Tyrael. Those 3 seem to be unified while Imperius seems to be the outsider. And if the prophecy comes true Imperius will become Wrath and leave/get killed, making the 3 become 1 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore View Post
    I think you started right. One became 4 when Malthael left. However I think the 3 are Auriel, Itherael, and Tyrael. Those 3 seem to be unified while Imperius seems to be the outsider. And if the prophecy comes true Imperius will become Wrath and leave/get killed, making the 3 become 1 again.
    Aahh right on! Thats another way to look at it! Man...Im done with all this. This is getting me too excited for an expansion that wont be here for the next 2 years.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

/brainexplode
    I think he is capable of dying in battle but he can live forever unharmed outside of battle, confusing plot, hopefully next big patches will patch some of that story up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, haven't had much time to get on. So, basically what happened was when the cutscene where Diablo possessed Leah or whatever came up, some came into the room and turned on our scanner, so Diablo got minimized instantly and I couldn't open it again until they finished scanning... So I guess I missed a few very important details. And I really do hope that they have some expansions. Because this doesn't really seem like a good way to finish the story.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.