10+ Year Old Account

[Bio] Levistrasz of the red

Name: Levistrasz in his dragon form, Levi in his mortal guise
    Race: young drake
    Class: priest, life-bender

Languages: Draconic, Common, Thalassian, Darnassian, Orcish

Faction: the Red Dragon flight

Personality: still being fairly young Levi is still somewhat impatient, but is slowly becoming more patient. he is very nurturing. he thinks Dragons are superior in any way to mortals, and only tolerates mortals because their arguments amuse him slightly. elves he still think are more deserving of the gift, and can even go as far as to become friends with some. he is very polite and slow to anger, and will only strike at others if there is no way of avoiding it. he was curious in his younger days, but is growing out of it.

Likes/Dislikes: he enjoys being around mortals alot, mostly because he is amused by their sporadic behavior. he likes the elderly, for many reasons, their stories of times long gone being the main reason. he dislikes war, but likes laughing at the mortal races for not being able to get along. he also dislikes death or anything resembling it. he dislikes undeads to an almost absurd extent

Appearance: in his dragon form he has small horns, and sparkling red scales cover his body. not many distuinguishing features.

he takes on many mortal disguises for different reasons, but the one he uses the most is a night elf with dark purple skin and short dark blue hair, neatly combed back with sparkling teeth.

Strengths/Weaknesses: he is very powerful in the ways of bringing back people from the dead, and healing wounds. he is very weak when it comes to physical combat, and prefers to hide behind a wall of fire

History: when Levistrasz was born he felt elevated above the mortal races, because his race was not only immortal, but immensly more powerful than any of the mortal races. he more or less ignored the mortal races, the only reason he would possibly be seen near one would be to play pranks on them, or burn their house down. this landed him in trouble over and over again, but everytime he failed to learn the lesson of why he shouldn't do it.

when Levi was just short of 200 he flew north to Quel'Thalas, a place he enjoyed to walk around in, he enjoyed the scenery there, and felt more equal to the elves than any other races besides dragons because they shared immortality with him. during his time here, he enjoyed walking around in his High elven form, a little more slim than the average elf and with slightly weaker looking arms, with long red hair. this time when he was there he met with a couple of elfs he more or less called friends. they went into the forest to hunt deers, and after about an hour or two, him and the 3 others in their little party was caught by forrest trolls, and brought their camp just outside of Zul'aman, with intent to sacrifice them. Levi held back, knowing what it could mean if he exposed his identity as a dragon. however, time grew short, and help hadn't arrived yet, so levi did what he had to do, he transformed himself into a dragon, slowly at first, but faster and faster as he grew. when he had fully transformed, he had outgrown his cage about 10 times, and carefull of the trees he picked up the others, and burned the troll camp with inhabitants to the ground. just before the fire would spread to the trees, he extinguished it with a few hard blows with his wings. after landing and turning back into his High elven form, his friends were all in shock. multiple rangers came out from the trees to find the dragon they had seen just moments before, but seeing only 4 elves, of which non were severely injured.

a few years later, Levi would fly over Arathi Highlands to see how the humans got along and to laugh at their inevitable fighting, landing just outside of sight and turning into his most hated form, a human. this form also being slightly more slim and less muscular than the average human, he also kept the red hair, but had it short to not raise more questions about who he was. during his visit in Strom (now known as Stromguarde), the Lordaeron king would pay a visit to talk with the king of Strom. Levi being the curious soul that he was wanted to listen in on their talk, but was denied access to the keep seeing as a lowly human couldn't just walk in during this time. Levi, refusing to take no for an answer, would go around to the back of the keep to find an entrance, but found none. levi could see a window on what he guessed would be the second floor on the left corner of the castle. he would transform slightly, giving him the ability to fly up there, hoping he wouldn't be spotted while doing so.when he landed he went inside to a fly of stairs, and went up hoping there'd be fewer guards up there. he came out on a balcony overseeing the two kings little chat. he was dissapointed that they weren't shouting at each other, threatening to invade each others lands as he had hoped they would.

both of these times Levi had learned something about the mortals (more or less), that they could have peace with each other, but kept believing otherwise for a few more years, untill serveral similar events had played out in front of his eyes.

during the second war of azeroth... ((to be continued, have RL stuff to do now, so dont have time to finish it))
    Last edited by Temp name; 2012-06-16 at 06:56 AM. Reason: changed some personality

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, how about this: He's a troubled dragon, he suffers from attitudes that are odd in the red flight. Maybe he hates mortals or he dislikes his role. Perhaps he sees the plight of a people as he attempts to avoid his duty to the red flight. One day they'll be faced with a great challenge, like another dragon or a mortal. He watches and is inspired, or he's the only one able to defend them. They'll become allies or friends (An individual or group) and he'll realize the true purpose of his destiny and begins to experience joy from it. Really rough, but I hope it gives you ideas. Good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    nice one, but i have to stay within the "can't be any major stuff or it would have happened in the lore" type rule. something minor a group of X race being attacked by a group of Y race wouldn't be too bad i guess though for turning him into more of a nicer character, i'll come up with something soon

Deleted
    I'd suggest you avoid actually playing a dragon considering they are naturally overpowered being what they are, however if you insist on playing a dragon you should take some issues into consideration.

Firstly, a 356 year old Dragon would more than likely still be a whelp ( baby ) as Dragons in Azeroth live for thousands and thousands of years. Secondly, a weak dragon is a contradiction, it is a dragon. No matter the flight, it's capabilities in both magic and physical prowess are going to outmatch around 90% of Azeroth besides maybe the known heroes.

Also, remember to make a individual history and name if you are going to use this dragon story across multiple characters. Dragons rarely want people to know they are dragons, unlike what the quests tell you that is for the "unammed hero of Azeroth"

That would actually be incorrect, in terms of age.

Quote Originally Posted by wowpedia
    The dragons of Azeroth reach maturity after a mere hundred years have passed.
    Quote Originally Posted by wowpedia
    While Manual of Monsters gives a ballpark figure to how much time passes between each stage of a dragon's life cycle, it lacks information on "whelps", but implies that whelps become "drakes" in one year of hatching from the egg (however this may no longer be accurate, although it seems to be supported by information given in Day of the Dragon).
    As for strength, it takes a good deal to best a dragon, but they can be weak in relative terms. You are correct that even a weak dragon would prove dangerous, to an extent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MDRnation View Post
    I'd suggest you avoid actually playing a dragon considering they are naturally overpowered being what they are
    RP'ing a dragon in a non-dragon RP with fighting makes no sense as dragons neutral and as such wont fight horde / alliance, unless that side messes up something to an extent beyond belief.

and i know dragons dont like mortals knowing they're dragons.

Madgod, since you're here and i'm bad at lore, is there any war somewhere around 100-150years ago in Azeroth?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm not Madgod but I can pretend to be for the moment!

Anyways......The closest war to 150 years ago (on Azeroth) is the War of the Three Hammers at 264 years ago.

And if you need anymore help with the timeline you can of course ask here but for quicker help you can use this Timeline. It's the one we use here on the forums, but if you decide to RP elsewhere just be aware others might use a different timeline.
    Last edited by The Madgod; 2012-06-04 at 02:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    well the problem is, if it's 264 years ago my dragon would have been just under 100 years, instead of just under 200 years which is what i'd rather have liked.. also i dont like dwarfs, so.. yeah. guess i'll make up something small, so there'd be no real reason to put it in the actual lore, something like a group of high elves being attacked by trolls, that could happen

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    First War, Second War, Third War

Second War was very important for the Red Dragonflight, in particular.

Just some things to include.