Isometric is three dimensional objects projected in two dimensions. For the video games it is basically a top down view, you'll see when you watch the game play videos.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    why is that in some of the games I am supposed to control multiple characters if I understand correctly ? like dragon age or Baldurs ?
    It's just the style with some of them. I would try looking into the Elder Scrolls series if you want a solo experience. You can jump right into Skyrim if you want, but the old games are great if not better. Obviously they don't look as pretty, but they're amazing games.

If you want more action flavor to the game, look at Kingdoms of Amalur.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    How does Diablo compare with KOA or ES ?
    It's not an open world, so there is no exploring for the most part. It's also an ARPG, which means that 'beating the game' isn't really a goal. You are supposed to continue playing over and over to get the best gear possible. It's a fantastic game, but it's a much different genre than KOA or ES.

If you want to use a controller, both KOA and Skyrim are controller compatible. I think it says it's keyboard controls on Steam, but I play both with a controller just fine. In the end the best thing to do is watch gameplay videos and see which one looks more like what you want.

I should also add that GW2, even though it is an MMO, is a really good game for what you listed originally. You don't need other people to play the game unless you do dungeons, otherwise it's a very large open world with heavy emphasis on adventure and exploration. You can play it like a single player game for the most part and it even has a personal story that you complete on your own.

It is action combat and looks amazing as long as your computer isn't from 1999.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2015-04-07 at 05:25 PM.
    BAD WOLF

Any recommendations for a game with some awesome flight? Something that takes some skill to fly in, not just point direction you want to go and hit the forward button.

Sort of a repost, but if you are familiar with it, something like flying was in Planetside 2.
    I put on pants, FOR THIS?!?!?!

a flight sim or just action flying?

Thanks a lot Kelimbror for your suggestions. KOA looks great. I don't about the story though. Yeah Elder Scrolls is alos an option. I almost decided to start Diablo. How does Diablo compare with KOA or ES ?
    D3?

Why D3 when you can PoE?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a look at POE. I don't like controlling multiple characters. IF POE can be played with just one character I am all for it.
    He meant Path of Exile, but you are talking about Pillars of Eternity. In any case, I don't think you should play any of these games for what you are looking for. They are all good games, but I don't think they are going to be what you want. I could be wrong, but I'm just judging from your responses.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    a flight sim or just action flying?
    Eh, not a simulator persay. Something action-ish is definitely what I'm looking for. Maybe something where flight isn't the entire game either?

Meh whatever you got.
    I put on pants, FOR THIS?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Qraziness View Post
    Eh, not a simulator persay. Something action-ish is definitely what I'm looking for. Maybe something where flight isn't the entire game either?

Meh whatever you got.
    I would try War Thunder or World of Warplanes

War Thunder has different modes where you can make battles more arcade like or more simulation.

I must say that, going by the game plays, I liked KOA and ES a lot. I liked to Dragon Age too but it had multiple characters to control which I am not interested in. Will look at GW game play as suggested.

Thank you very much.
    I don't really get what you mean by this "Have to controll different characters" i have played all mass effect and all dragon age and barely ever switched to my party members, but maby you snd me have different play styles

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Alpha Sapphire worth playing?
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Deleted
    I'm looking for a recent game that does D&D really, really accurately (RPG obviously). The most recent game I can come across is Neverwinter Nights 2, but I already own that. The Infinity Engine remastered versions (BG:EE and BGII:EE) are not really what I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I'm looking for a recent game that does D&D really, really accurately (RPG obviously). The most recent game I can come across is Neverwinter Nights 2, but I already own that. The Infinity Engine remastered versions (BG:EE and BGII:EE) are not really what I'm looking for.
    So, this is actually an interesting request.

NWN2 is very similar to isometric D&D games, you can even play it as such by zooming out and locking the camera facing down.

NWN inhabits this strange space between the old, isometric RPGs like Icewind Dale I/II, Baldurs gate I/II, Planarscape Torment, and a few others that are less popular and the hack and sladh D&D games like the later dragon age games.

So, I would suggest Dragon Age: Origins.

I'm looking for a game to spend some time on. I was thinking either Bloodborne or Pillars of Eternity. Both are games I've been hearing a lot about, I've played a ton of isometric RPGs so PoE sounds appealing.

I have never played a Dark/Demon Souls game and I am worried about the difficulty level of Bloodborne but I hear so much about how it's amazing.

I would say that either are a good choice, I'm just trying to get opinions.

EDIT - I also have Witcher 2 which I've never had enough time to get into and play.
    Last edited by FalcFalcFalc; 2015-04-12 at 06:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FalcFalcFalc View Post
    I'm looking for a game to spend some time on. I was thinking either Bloodborne or Pillars of Eternity. Both are games I've been hearing a lot about, I've played a ton of isometric RPGs so PoE sounds appealing.

I have never played a Dark/Demon Souls game and I am worried about the difficulty level of Bloodborne but I hear so much about how it's amazing.

I would say that either are a good choice, I'm just trying to get opinions.

EDIT - I also have Witcher 2 which I've never had enough time to get into and play.
    If you have never really played Witcher 2, I really suggest you play that. It's a really good RPG that's especially good in the Story department, and you'll really enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Anyone got any decent western non-isometric RPG's to recommend? It doesn't have to be open world, I just want the feeling of not knowing what's around the corner in the world, I've tried isometric and it tends to be hit or miss, not something I'm willing to risk money on.

I've tried all the big games like elder scrolls, witcher, dragon age, mass effect, fallout and a few lesser known ones like divinity 2 (Loved he expansion for that game) and kingdoms of amalur. I've only ever liked on JRPG and that was mostly due to combat (Dragons dogma), generally JRPG's aren't my thing.

Are there any western RPG's left out there to my tastes that are decent?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Alpha Sapphire worth playing?
    Any pokemon game is worth playing

@Aeula

The only game that comes to mind is Fable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    @Aeula

The only game that comes to mind is Fable.
    Yeah played that too, all three (Well five if you count the journey and heroes) of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Anyone got any decent western non-isometric RPG's to recommend? It doesn't have to be open world, I just want the feeling of not knowing what's around the corner in the world, I've tried isometric and it tends to be hit or miss, not something I'm willing to risk money on.

I've tried all the big games like elder scrolls, witcher, dragon age, mass effect, fallout and a few lesser known ones like divinity 2 (Loved he expansion for that game) and kingdoms of amalur. I've only ever liked on JRPG and that was mostly due to combat (Dragons dogma), generally JRPG's aren't my thing.

Are there any western RPG's left out there to my tastes that are decent?
    What about Shadows of Morador?
    or Dark souls 1/2?