The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Game is buttery smooth, definitely seems like some under the hood stuff changed too. Unfortunately, suffering like everyone else with doublestrike+ancestral call crashing the game nonstop. Just switched to frostblades b/c I'm not sure wtf is going on with all that.
    BAD WOLF

Sand Stance Perforate is pretty sweet as a leveling skill.

Welp, act 2 and haven't actually noticed any difficulty spikes so far. But my aurabot character is freaking hilarious right now and I'm smashing things infinitely faster than I thought I'd be. If this keeps up I should be able to make a nice dent in this character over the weekend.

Is Frost Blink new? Because it's pretty freakin rad and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Is Frost Blink new? Because it's pretty freakin rad and I'm having a lot of fun with it.
    Yep, Frost Blink, Dash, Steelskin, Precision aura are some of the new skills that might be useful to not only melee characters, debating myself if I should add some of these to my old characters repertoire.

Trash tier cyclone ranger here. SSF. Just got cyclone and hooooooboy is it smooth. Living lawnmower. Super easy so far. I can't imagine how stupid OP a Glad or Slayer with cyclone would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Also tried some skills new to me like Herald of Purity and Arctic Armor, so cool! (No pun..) Why didn't I use these in previous Leagues..
    My Double Strike Gladiator for Synth league used Herald of Purity and now I love it. Honestly, it's going to be a real struggle not to use it again this league...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Does any of the event stuff carry over from the leagues into standard? And if so how do you find out? Just run maps until you run into a betrayal camp or what?

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Does any of the event stuff carry over from the leagues into standard? And if so how do you find out? Just run maps until you run into a betrayal camp or what?
    Atlas has icons for dailies:
    Yellow wings - Jun & syndicate
    Red bow - Einhar & beasts
    Green star - Alva & temple
    Teal compass - Zana quests
    Grey circle - Niko & supplies for mining

Pretty sure I still see them on my old char that got ported to standard.

Other than that you have random chance of meeting them (I think it's 1 in 3 chance to get any at all, then it's randomised which).

There are still elements from very old leagues like lockboxes, breaches, abysses, prophecies, quite sure you can find those too in random areas.

Last season & memory nexus didn't get ported into standard (might be in the future, but atm glad it didn't, it was kinda imbalanced imo).

Current league (legion pylons) you won't find in standard, and nobody knows if it will get ported to standard as they usually decide when league is about to end (or after).

any spell similar to frozen orb from diablo?

I was hoping winter's orb would be, but its far from it

Man, I can't figure out what it is about the melee changes, but I'm really enjoying playing melee much more than I used to. Whatever under the hood and animation work they did, it freakin worked.

Now to start A5 and hope I can get to mapping before the weekend ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    any spell similar to frozen orb from diablo?

I was hoping winter's orb would be, but its far from it
    Frostbolt/Icenova is probably the closest thing to it?

- - - Updated - - -

Welp, act 2 and haven't actually noticed any difficulty spikes so far. But my aurabot character is freaking hilarious right now and I'm smashing things infinitely faster than I thought I'd be. If this keeps up I should be able to make a nice dent in this character over the weekend.

Tried out a little frostblink and wow it might actually be TO fast for me.
    The sudden screen jump is actually kinda jarring ><
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Welp, act 2 and haven't actually noticed any difficulty spikes so far.
    Having pretty much only played the first little bit of the game a few times recently before starting up I definitely noticed at the very very beginning of the game. That whole first little section before the medicine chest I don't think I would even use a health pot and I actually died one time cause I stood in the fire persons fire attack right outside of town and it pretty much 1 dinged me.

Once I got some items though its pretty much exactly the same difficulty wise. Kind of a shame, because it was actually pretty fun having things fight back for a lil bit.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel so mixed on whether or not I wanna buy some cosmetics or a supporter pack or something.

Not crazy about looking like a clown right now but I don't want to already be wearing what I'll be wearing for the forseeable future either. Would still like to do the usual progression of appearance stuff but I have no idea if I ever stop looking ridiculous.

Yknow, completely ignoring how overpriced the cosmetics are.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

The Charging Offensive node is really helpful if you're going Cyclone, btw. I'm constantly maxed on charges.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, I can't figure out what it is about the melee changes, but I'm really enjoying playing melee much more than I used to. Whatever under the hood and animation work they did, it freakin worked.

I think a lot of it is the ability to interrupt attacks to move or use a different skill. It does feel way better.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, this is one of the very few games these days where SLI actually works. I was getting 40 FPS in Lionseye, and after SLI it was 70-80. Takes a slight bit of tweaking with Nvidia Inspector, but it's fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Frostbolt/Icenova is probably the closest thing to it?

- - - Updated - - -

Tried out a little frostblink and wow it might actually be TO fast for me.
    The sudden screen jump is actually kinda jarring ><
    that looks so fucking cool.

Imma just reroll tomorrow. just throw all my witch gems over to it

Not a fan of these crashes. Never really had PoE crash on me before and had two between last night and today so far -_-

IIRC, they pretty much overhauled the entire system. Everything from animations to when damage is applied, to the math that goes into it.

But yeah, I'm absolutely loving the change. Haven't had this much fun with POE in awhile.

Not a fan of these crashes. Never really had PoE crash on me before and had two between last night and today so far -_-
    Oh, so it isn't just me, had like 5 of those "unexpected disconnection had occurred" since league start. And I didn't even play just as it launched cuz in EU the timing for it is like 10pm start, so I saw the queue and went to sleep. Apparently there's been 3-4 minipatches already fixing bugs and crashes.

One of the more harmless and hilarious bugs (supposedly fixed already):
    https://i.redd.it/dt6s4wi3yz231.png

Turns out instantly loading a whole lot of mobs (and their ai) is sometimes to much for the game to handle and it just craps itself and dies.
    Who could have seen this coming /s.

Interesting way to nerf Essence drain tho, since ED/Contagion is completely broken this with league mechanic.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I'm getting massive lag myself.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Why is ancestral warchief in every build I look up? It looks like you actually have to cast it, which I never see people do when showcasing the builds? Is it just a *for bosses which we never show in the video* kind of thing or somethin?

Also can someone decipher the skill gems in this PoB for me: https://pastebin.com/wduF7tad

I'm really confused by how he has it formatted. Looks like the first ones are just the attack skills for certain level ranges but I'm kinda lost on the rest.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.