Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    The only time I am having mana issues is when I have to summon a large number of Zombies and that is always at login.
    Keep a Blood Magic gem handy and link it to zombies when you need to summon a fresh crop. Usually much faster (at least for me with 13 of them) than dropping auras and/or waiting on mana to regen between casts. Granted I have one attached to my specters (so they can chain cast frenzy/power charges) so it's easy to swap, but found it makes that much less annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am using Anger and Hearald of Ash(Though I think it only benefis me) for my Skellies and that eats up about 80% of my mana, and casting skellies barely scratches the surface. The only time I am having mana issues is when I have to summon a large number of Zombies and that is always at login.

I could switch it up to Anger and Wrath so that I get both Fire and Lightning damage for the minions and with the Shock from the Bots that should up the damage. Thinking on this Would Elemental Equilibium be a good node to get since there are 2 elements for damage?
    I did some reading and i think EE only applies to damage you do, not your minions. Cause i was looking at taking that node but decided against it.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Keep a Blood Magic gem handy and link it to zombies when you need to summon a fresh crop. Usually much faster (at least for me with 13 of them) than dropping auras and/or waiting on mana to regen between casts. Granted I have one attached to my specters (so they can chain cast frenzy/power charges) so it's easy to swap, but found it makes that much less annoying.
    Is there a passive that you are doing this with? Right now I am using a Carnage and Host Chieftian with two Rime Sentinels for ranged(off the screen far range). If I can get charges from them with Blood Magic that would be the bees knees

Is there a passive that you are doing this with? Right now I am using a Carnage and Host Chieftian with two Rime Sentinels for ranged(off the screen far range). If I can get charges from them with Blood Magic that would be the bees knees
    I don't think so, I just have Blood Magic support linked to my specters (so they cast from their health, which they regen. never had one die yet). Rocking 2x Carnage and 2x Hosts since I'm not really relying on them for damage on my zombie summoner, so they keep pretty much my whole army at max charges all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I don't think so, I just have Blood Magic support linked to my specters (so they cast from their health, which they regen. never had one die yet). Rocking 2x Carnage and 2x Hosts since I'm not really relying on them for damage on my zombie summoner, so they keep pretty much my whole army at max charges all the time.
    Cool Beans, will ry this setup at home. Even with 1 of each the charges may not max but can be steady

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    I did some reading and i think EE only applies to damage you do, not your minions.
    True, but it's a debuff on the mob, so the way it works YOU can apply the debuff, your minions cannot apply it, but once applied, it stays on the mob for your minions to benefit from it (-50 resistance for the mob). You just pick a damage type your minions don't do, for example people playing lightning spectres pick armageddon brand, people playing fire skeletons or spectres pick lightning spell like storm brand, ball lightning or orb of storms.

Atm majority of necros playing spectres use EE, for the reason your minions cannot screw it up, all you do is just pick a spell of a different element and spam it.

If you play a pure physical damage build, for example zombie builds are often physical based, then yeah, it's pointless to pick EE.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    I did some reading and i think EE only applies to damage you do, not your minions. Cause i was looking at taking that node but decided against it.
    Regarding EE, damage that you do with hits (including traps/mines/totems which use your stats, but not minions since they have their own skills) will apply EE. Which means that minions can benefit from the lowered resistances, without replacing the current EE debuff and its vulnerabilities. i.e. if your zombies do lightning damage, and you yourself hit enemies with a fire or cold hit, then the enemies will get -50% lightning res which your zombies will take advantage of, but their lightning damage will not cause the enemy to gain lightning res, which is great.

So if you're using any attacks/spells of your own for whatever reason (your aforementioned CWDT Ball Lightning CoH would count), then it's very possible that EE can be beneficial to a minion-heavy build. In your case, if you can get EE, you may want to replace Ball Lightning with a Cold spell, so that you lower both Fire and Lightning resistances, and thus your current Triad Grip conversions and Infernal Legion burns can benefit.

KRIPES!!!

That Skitterbot speed buff. I am now clearing maps at dazing speeds. I wish I had known their use earlier.

I'm likely going to link IL to my Skitterbots aswell, since it's flat and "free" damage. Also made room for a Ball Lighting/CoH/Flammability since most damage seems to be fire in my build.

Probably also ditching Vaal Discipline for the fire damage aura (Anger?).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by green dog View Post
    sorry for asking but what class is great for beginners? i want to play the game but dont know who to pick
    Witch, and go Necromancer as Ascension.

sorry for asking but what class is great for beginners? i want to play the game but dont know who to pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Witch, and go Necromancer as Ascension.
    Agreed with this advice, it's very strong this patch and very easy playstyle, just do yourself a favour and find a competent guide you can follow, preferably with author who can answer questions, like on reddit or official poe forums, or a streamer / youtuber that actually answers questions. And check that the guide was updated to incorporate current patch changes.

Best thing you can do as a beginner is follow a guide so you don't pick wrong talents / wrong order of talents / spend currency on gear that isn't worth your buck in the long run and get all your life and resists covered. And after you understand the gameplay systems more, then you tweak the build from there.

As a faithful Necro(only real class I played since a year ago) I can concur with the others about the ease of play, BUT there is one thing to note, the current minion Necro is a passive player style riht now. Just get your Zombies and golems and it is like walking Cerberus's through hell. They chew up EVERYTHING.

With my current build, all I do is run ahead with my minions about 10 yeards in front of me. Toss out a few Burning Skellies and wait for the loot to drop. So if you want engagement, Necro right now will not really provide that.

The Poison builds are good as you are actively using your abilities to run the game. But I have ZERO knowledge on how to build them.

As a faithful Necro(only real class I played since a year ago) I can concur with the others about the ease of play, BUT there is one thing to note, the current minion Necro is a passive player style riht now. Just get your Zombies and golems and it is like walking Cerberus's through hell. They chew up EVERYTHING.

With my current build, all I do is run ahead with my minions about 10 yeards in front of me. Toss out a few Burning Skellies and wait for the loot to drop. So if you want engagement, Necro right now will not really provide that.

The Poison builds are good as you are actively using your abilities to run the game. But I have ZERO knowledge on how to build them.
    Personally, I think that thanks to the Spiritual Aid passive, you can make a Necro as engaging as you want it to be. If you want to mix having a permanent army along with slinging spells yourself (or even using weapon attacks) rather than spamming temporary minions, you can do that half-decently and safely. It might not be optimal for end-game, but I think it would be the safest way to start while still being free to experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    Personally, I think that thanks to the Spiritual Aid passive, you can make a Necro as engaging as you want it to be. If you want to mix having a permanent army along with slinging spells yourself (or even using weapon attacks) rather than spamming temporary minions, you can do that half-decently and safely. It might not be optimal for end-game, but I think it would be the safest way to start while still being free to experiment.
    Spiritual Aid is a good Passive to have to sling spells or swing Mace or Scepter. But the problem with minions right now is that they delete everything on contact. So by the time you get there they are already dead.

I am on Tier:13 maps and the bosses are dropping in 10 seconds or less, with Vaal Skellie, 9 Zombies, 2 Carrion Golem, 2 Carnage, and 2 Rime Sentiles. The Vaal Skellies have an uptime of about 12 seconds wth Infernal Legion and have 400%ish Damage. I cante even make it to the boss before it drops lol.

Now you have me thinking of running a Zombie Meat Shield with a couple of Axes and run through the acts again lol. It could be fun to smash skulls open with an Axe while my zombies rip into their flesh.......

Ahh crap your dun got my Rpleplaying side out ..<

- - - Updated - - -

I was just pouring over the Passive tree and oooh did I find something fun to try and completely forgot about. With my skellies alway on death's door, I am gonna grab minion instability to my tree and just watch the wold burn and bones fly

As people said: a summoner build (Witch with Necromancer Ascendancy) is pretty good for newer people. Its easy to play, very strong and even stronger if you want to invest into it later.

Marauder with Juggernaut is also a decent tanky build, depending on the skill gems you want to use with your build. Melee is a bit harder to play, but Juggernaut is pretty much the best choice if you want an easy to play build for melee based builds.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I took my Necro Witch with zombie gear (8 big zombies build), followed a guide that was even remotely close to what I had...my god, it just RAPES. Having aggressive zombies is AMAZING. Thankfully I still have two violent dead jewels. I will eventually get the gear I need to turn it into 13 zombies + 4 spectres and have even more fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Youtube recommended me this mathil video for elementalist that uses 4 heralds, and since heralds are probably my favorite thing I figured I'd give it a go. Brought me back for the league for the moment as I had lost all drive to play really fast this league. Really glad they added that second bar cause oof there's so many buttons for buffs.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Man do I love mySummoner... but I am losing interest in the league. I have made it to Tier:14 maps but still have not gotten an Arsenal Map so that I can continue the Shaper Questline. And Chick will sell me EVERY other map in the game EXCEPT Arsenal.

I did that actually with SRS and Zombies. I had Cyclone with Cast on Channel SRS and the Zombies were the meat shields. It was pretty fun but without strong phys damage it did not last long.

I did better with my Heiro Cyclone, Blade Vortex, Armageddon Brand and Storm Brand. With the cast on channel I just hit Cyclone and spun til I was done
    I did this exact build (but with HoA) last league, got to level 89 on HC before I quit. Managed to get it very strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Modified my Cyclone build. My scrub ass is still using Atziri's Disfavour. Can't find any current builds using it, so I just hand built what I could. Unfortunately I swapped in a bunch of gems (all level 1), so I'm not shelling out anywhere near the DPS I was before. But hopefully once they get up there, everything will be fine.

Just can't figure out what to put in my chest. 6 link Bronn's. I have the 6 link Cyclone in the 2h axe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.