Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Honestly seems like it would have way more use as an actual fuckin damage increase with the stacking attack speed more than anything else.

Man, them just straight up removing a support gem that wasn't actually a problem in any capacity outside of races, where they could just fuckin disable it, is the kind shit I'm talkin about. Yeah, watching racers rush ascendent for it before playing their actual character is lame, but losing access to that gem for leveling alts and shit is way more lame.

Vaal Domination looks super juicy for non-boss content since you can use it to maintain up to 3 auras from rare sentinels, assuming you can reasonably "target" them to ascende/maintain them. Either way honestly it almost makes me want to give dominating blow another go. Almost. Maybe one day I'll retry my dominating blow/battlmage cry used to proc absolution combo.

Primatic burst might be a fun gem for some ele builds though.

Shattering/splitting steel buffs are sure weird given they removed the gems that made those skills marginally usable. I guess it's a buff for duelist leveling though so yay?

More impactful buffs for leveling: Apparently melee splash is just 40% less damage at all levels now. Not bad for low level where it sees some minimal use until some builds can start getting proper AoE.

- - - Updated - - -

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...AKmMxoQS2C/pub

It's jank as fuck given the multiple translations and IT IS DATAMINED SO VERY VERY (I'm on hopium right now) LIKELY DEEPLY INCOMPLETE

But here's the datamined list of weapon passives from the recent patch. CTRL-F to find any skill you want and see what's available.

It's gotta be deeply incomplete because holy crap some skills have amazing passives while others appear to have completely worthless ones (Toxic Rain having more...bleed damage? And phys conversion? Hilariously useless).
    Last edited by Edge-; 2023-04-05 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's gotta be deeply incomplete because holy crap some skills have amazing passives while others appear to have completely worthless ones (Toxic Rain having more...bleed damage? And phys conversion? Hilariously useless).
    Seems perfectly in line with expectation. You fuckers want meta shift? Here's some meta shift for you. Gotta get to endgame and grind for a few days before you find out what it is tho.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Man, them just straight up removing a support gem that wasn't actually a problem in any capacity outside of races, where they could just fuckin disable it, is the kind shit I'm talkin about. Yeah, watching racers rush ascendent for it before playing their actual character is lame, but losing access to that gem for leveling alts and shit is way more lame.
    honestly how much they nerf/take out things to cater to the super high end and event runners has always been the worse part of Poe and it really hurts the general player.

But here's the datamined list of weapon passives from the recent patch. CTRL-F to find any skill you want and see what's available.
    can’t search on my phone any thing of note for shield throw by any chance?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Seems perfectly in line with expectation. You fuckers want meta shift? Here's some meta shift for you. Gotta get to endgame and grind for a few days before you find out what it is tho.
    Man, finding/crucible crafting a decent base is going to be a fuckin nightmare, especially since trade site won't really support the mechanic even after it gets updated.

I don't know why I keep thinking GGG will get out of their way and give us exciting shit. Every fuckin time it's like Triggerbots, "Here's a strong, niche, and really cool new concept! And also we're making it expensive to take advantage of and functionally kneecapping half the reason we updated the tree as a result. Oh and also we nerfed traps/mines for sabo's as well despite sabo's still being mediocre as fuck."

I'm actually rethinking my TR Pathfinder choice a bit unless I go a variant with something like ballista totems as well. Mechanic seems like it's going to benefit tankier builds that can sustain channeling the crucible for longer (RF gonna be great, probably) if you really want to have a chance at getting a good crucible base tree on a decent actual weapon base to craft on from there (or rolling uniques endlessly)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    can’t search on my phone any thing of note for shield throw by any chance?
    # "Shield Crush and Spectral Shield Throw do not gain Added Physical Damage based on Armour or Evasion on shield"

# # "Shield Crush and Spectral Shield Throw gains {0} to {1} Added Lightning Damage per 15 Energy Shield on Shield"

# "{0}% of Shield Crush and Spectral Shield Throw Physical Damage Converted to Lightning Damage"
    Again, thinking it's incomplete, but I guess a lightning variant? Not sure if that really opens any new doors or anything, cold convert SST (I think on raider?) is already a thing and is usually better (and more expensive) than bleed glad, but even then the performance is still super duper meh. Especially for the investment required.

This might make it a bit easier to convert at least?

7+ Year Old Account
    Again, thinking it's incomplete, but I guess a lightning variant? Not sure if that really opens any new doors or anything, cold convert SST (I think on raider?) is already a thing and is usually better (and more expensive) than bleed glad, but even then the performance is still super duper meh. Especially for the investment required.

This might make it a bit easier to convert at least?
    Oh Jeez that’s pretty awful I sure hope it’s incomplete.

The lighting conversion could be useful I guess if you go heavy negative res with Doryonis which I have done before but that only really frees up one support/watchers eyes and is a bit of a hassle so it’s not great.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Oh Jeez that’s pretty awful I sure how it’s incomplete.

The lighting conversion could be useful I guess if you go heavy negative res with Doryonis which I have done before but that only really frees up one support/watchers eyes and is a bit of a hassle so it’s not great.
    Yeah, I don't really see Doryani's even carrying it with a full conversion. Plus needing to scale damage via ES which is harder to come by than armor/evasion. I'm sure there will be a cool niche build or two, maybe boring-ass stat stacking because that seems to be one of the generally good ways to scale a lot of skills even if it's super lame IMO.

Again, assuming this is an incomplete list. Or maybe I'm just slamming my face into a desk covered in hopium and breathing deep.

Again, assuming this is an incomplete list. Or maybe I'm just slamming my face into a desk covered in hopium and breathing deep.
    Unless you can find skills that don't have at least 2 entries in the list I'd say it's probably complete.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I don't really see Doryani's even carrying it with a full conversion. Plus needing to scale damage via ES which is harder to come by than armor/evasion. I'm sure there will be a cool niche build or two, maybe boring-ass stat stacking because that seems to be one of the generally good ways to scale a lot of skills even if it's super lame IMO.

Ya I can’t really see any way this would be worth using unless the lighting value was crazy high.

Like reasonably you can get like what 400 es on a high end shield if your going for multiple divine ones, compared to 1800-2800 armour/evasion for physical scaling and then use it in multiple ways.

I’d like to say I have hope, but honestly I’ve been maining shield throw for to many leagues to have any left over.

Unless you can find skills that don't have at least 2 entries in the list I'd say it's probably complete.
    I mean they do...but I'm still huffing hopium. Because TR was going to be my character (or at least leaguestarter) and holy shit the fuckin passives are beyond dogshit. Like, seriously, who the fuck has literally every played hit-based TR or bleed TR? Are those builds that have literally ever been played in the history of PoE? >.>

I mean they do...but I'm still huffing hopium. Because TR was going to be my character (or at least leaguestarter) and holy shit the fuckin passives are beyond dogshit. Like, seriously, who the fuck has literally every played hit-based TR or bleed TR? Are those builds that have literally ever been played in the history of PoE? >.>
    I guess the idea in that case is to be like alternate quality gems? I assume some gems are harder to make exciting effects for, TR feels like one of those.

You do realize these are only the skill specific passives right? There will be plenty of generic passives for scaling TR like dot multi or skill effect duration, probably even gem levels.

I guess the idea in that case is to be like alternate quality gems? I assume some gems are harder to make exciting effects for, TR feels like one of those.
    I mean...my cup runneth empty about how much I care how hard it is for GGG to come up with interesting passive trees for a league mechanic they chose to proceed with knowing full well the challenges in making compelling/interesting passive points.

Some of the effects are way more powerful than alt-quality gems, things like letting your skill in your body armor also benefit from support gems in your weapon? (or vice versa, I forget which way) Bonkers for a lot of builds.

But there are plenty of cool ones! Reap converting the debuff to fire damage! Tec Slam armor scaling is great! Freezing Pulse/Eye of Winter poison build! Firestorm/Bladefall (lol) echos! Frost Blades/Lightning Strike ignite!

And then...

Triggering Ice/lightning trap by...warcrying? Why? Spell trigger on Blade Flurry channel? rofl

these are so all over the place. Some skills get absolute bangers that gigabuff them or open up huge new builds while others...lol it seems like the intern who just started playing the game designed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfing View Post
    You do realize these are only the skill specific passives right? There will be plenty of generic passives for scaling TR like dot multi or skill effect duration, probably even gem levels.
    Yes, and the skill-specific passives (which I hope these aren't all of them) are supposed to be the exciting/juicy ones. Passive scaling is kinda nice and all, but like holy shit that's boring as fuck compared to shit like ball lighting projectiles returning or making a skill like eye of winter viable for poison scaling and shit.

I'm pretty certain Toxic Rain will still be strong. You can't look at one scaling metric and say it's less viable. You're not even playing it in the new environment with the upcoming interactions. That doesn't even include the skill tree for any one bow you might happen to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I'm pretty certain Toxic Rain will still be strong. You can't look at one scaling metric and say it's less viable. You're not even playing it in the new environment with the upcoming interactions. That doesn't even include the skill tree for any one bow you might happen to find.
    Not "less viable", just boring as fuck with absolute trash passive skills compared to what else is on offer. Those are like, the sexiest bit of the update. I get there will be other strong passives and shit but the hope was that the skill-specific passive would be on the same level as the Ball Lightning one GGG shared - potentially build altering or enabling.

The TR ones are literally useless. Like, if there's a way to get a tree with just generic/passive buffs and zero skill buffs that might arguably be preferable. Which is really boring given the whole premise of the bloody league IMO.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfing View Post
    Just scaling stats is pretty lame when some skills are getting cool effects like say tornado shot summoning actually tornados.

Meanwhile -

"{0}% of Consecrated Path and Purifying Flame Fire Damage Converted to Chaos Damage"
    Eyo consecrated path poison totems? This is the kinda shit I'm talking about. Not necessarily super strong by any means (IIRC poison is getting a bit of an nerf this league) but like, new build concept! Interesting ideas!

What a scam tho, giving weaker skills stronger/more interesting passives to make them "playable" just to remove it next league when it doesn't go core. I really hate the way they are trying to ''slow the game down to get ready for poe2".

Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    What a scam tho, giving weaker skills stronger/more interesting passives to make them "playable" just to remove it next league when it doesn't go core. I really hate the way they are trying to ''slow the game down to get ready for poe2".
    Eh, this won't fuckin happen because it's GGG but there's value to their approach.

This gives them ways to experiment with buffing dogshit skills in targeted ways that they can potentially integrate into the core game down the road in a limited-time league where there won't be any longterm consequences.

Theoretically it's great! But my expectations that GGG will actually make many of those changes to the core game as a result off feedback/data.

Eh, this won't fuckin happen because it's GGG but there's value to their approach.

This gives them ways to experiment with buffing dogshit skills in targeted ways that they can potentially integrate into the core game down the road in a limited-time league where there won't be any longterm consequences.

Theoretically it's great! But my expectations that GGG will actually make many of those changes to the core game as a result off feedback/data.
    In theory its great, but the reality is that after we lose that power we will just end up being weaker than we were in sanctum, however i do think they might keep some interesting weapon passives for underused skills as alt quality or something.

https://poedb.tw/us/Kiracs_Vault#KiracsVaultPassseason5

More datamining.

Seems there's some theorizing that Kirac's Pass will have a free track in addition to the paid track. At least folks are hoping given that there are entries for currency rewards from it and even if it's fairly minimal people are already shouting "P2W?!?!" because 3 Horizon orbs at T1 mapping is apparently super strong or something or getting a low-value breachstone for completing 115 different maps is meaningful rofl.