Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    cmon guys lets face it none of you guys that say you would donate like 5-10 million dollars would never donate that much money... id say the most of you would go 1 million max for donations.
    But with the money i'd build a nice house and settle down save the rest to live the rest of my life traveling the world exploring etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaegg View Post
    cmon guys lets face it none of you guys that say you would donate like 5-10 million dollars would never donate that much money... id say the most of you would go 1 million max for donations.
    But with the money i'd build a nice house and settle down save the rest to live the rest of my life traveling the world exploring etc
    Why build a nice house if you plan on travelling/exploring for the rest of your days?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    Why build a nice house if you plan on travelling/exploring for the rest of your days?
    Maybe just to know you have a nice home waiting for you if you decide to return sometime.

My religious beliefs say that I have to donate 1/5 of any winnings to charity I probably would only donate 1/10 though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Put it in a high rate savings account with a 5% interest rate that's 2.5 million dollars a year. Set for life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use about 10 or so million to do whatever the fuck I want with.
    Buy a nice 3 bedroom condo, a nice but fuel efficient car, pay my tuition as well as my sisters, and pay off my parents mortgage.
    The rest I would put in the highest interest bank account I possibly could, and I live off the interest.
    I mean, shit, even if I only got 3% interest, that's still 1.2 mil a year for going outside and getting the mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably give 5-10 million to charity. I simply have no need for that much money.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Would only be a small step, towards my plan of grasping world dominion....

Quote Originally Posted by Aerimae View Post
    Great minds think alike
    That must be why I never agree with anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by zpiff View Post
    Would only be a small step, towards my plan of grasping world dominion....
    I have no idea why (probably my lack of sleep) but I laughed for 1 min straight at this...

10+ Year Old Account
    I would never ever donate to a charity, especially not for far away lands.

I would do something similar on my own I also benefit from. I would renovate many old houses in my town and lease the apartements for lower prices as usual so that these houses attract not only wealthy people and former inhabitants don't get forced to move out. I would benefit from that as my town will look better over all and the older neighborhoods will get more lively.

Of course only 50 million are not quite enough for that.

Deleted
    Hmm, first I'd do the Dance of Winning.. as is tradition. Then I'd put on traditional jester hat and throw a rotten tomato at the King of Sweden, which of course is customary with big lottery winnings and finally call my employer and give him the Speech of Quitting, divided into 7 verses, each about something I don't like about the job or hes personal hygiene with at least 7 swear words in each.. as is, of course, tradition.

And after that, buy a house, invest the rest and live off interest since I don't really need anything big right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    That must be why I never agree with anyone.
    I can't tell if you are calling yourself smart or demeaning yourself :P

---------- Post added 2012-07-08 at 12:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    and throw a rotten tomato at the King of Sweden
    Is he related to the Windsors, if he is DON'T TOUCH THAT MAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Aerimae View Post
    But you haven't yet :P I sincerely hope you win 50 million, I wish everyone here could win it. Take this as a chance to let it all out, let yourself imagine it so that you never see the lottery sign again wishing that you won it, if you end up winning in the future use these posts as suggestions of what to do with the money. Good luck
    Hehe, okay.. In that case. I'd do a world tour and buy a nice home. I'd fulfill wishes of my family/friends (if they are not stupid ones like buying a ferrari and deytroying it with a steam roller etc). I don't really need much, most of the money would first of all be saved and since 50 million dollars is way too much for me, I'd give at least 20 million to charity and witness how my money is then put to use. I'd go there myself and see what else could be done.

If anybody becomes rich then I think he needs to become more responsible on top of that. Ignorant people waste money way too much. Out of a neutral perspective you'd get the impression that they definitely did not deserve to become rich. I don't say "don't throw big ass parties", but rather be happy that you are now in the position to actually spread joy to the people around you and maybe to the people miles away from you. Prove that you deserved to become that rich.

Eventually wealth is only fun if shared.

10+ Year Old Account
    the sick part of the loto in canada (called LottoMAX) is that they cap the winnings at 1 50 million dollar prize and 50 individual 1 million dollar prizes, so a total of 100 million in prizes. Sounds neat eh, except that they took in AT LEAST 500 million in ticket sales across the country! If not more! They don't tend to release the actual amount they take in, but I saw a news clip where they averaged 150 million from each province, more in Ontario and Alberta. It makes me sick to think about where the rest of the money goes, and makes me sad to think how many people pay the Idiot Tax every week in hopes of winning big, when its the Lotto corp (OLG.ca) that wins.. twice a damn week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    But those ruined people are often winners of only minor jackpots of 1-5 million. They freak out and don't think far enough into the future.

When you win high amounts like 50 million it's quite hard to be ruined by buying a house and an expensive car.
    Pretty much this...I doubt there are many that fucked over 50 million.

I see where you're coming from but I think that If I had 20-30 million left over after all the list stuff and 5-10mil to charity I would put the money In a high interest bank account, around 1.5million per year, which I most definitely do not need I would keep 700k per year so that I can pay for the upkeep of the school and land taxes of my family, the rest would go to this really nice local charity I know, they are essentially a summer camp for kids that can't afford it, there are around 60 people in the daycare at once so to feed them costs alot and I'd like to pay for that and field trips :P

Deleted
    Would take the money and disappear somewhere living in anonymity. No flash, no nothing, I never wanted those things. Just to live peacefully without having to worry about tomorrow anymore. Whatever would be left after I'm dead would probably go to some disease research.

Well... Let's say that I won 50 million dollars (or kroner (Danish currency), doesn't really matter whichever) and that's that, no tax or whatever, 50 million exact.

First of all, as much as humanly possible keep it secret! Last thing I, and likely anyone, would want is the public to know that you suddenly own that much money. I can only think of one person who I'd trust with that knowledge and that's my best friend, but I suppose I'd have to tell my parents in order to make my plans work out more smoothly.

First of all I'd sort out myself, obviously. I'd move out from home and have myself a nice house. And from there I'd just keep on living normally as much as possible. Keep looking for an education and eventually have a job or at least just have some kind of occupation. I'd be bored out of my mind if all I did was stay at home and do whatever I wanted, not to mention I'd be incredibly lonely seeing as I'm horrible with people, and being home all the time won't get me any new relations.

I'm not a big fan of vanity and greed so I wouldn't spend a lot of money on fancy stuff. Seeing I have no driver's license that's one thing out of the way. No need for my house to be fancy, no cool stuff to own just 'cause... I just need to be able to function and keep my home neat und tidy. I'd likely get myself a bunch of the things I love, like metal albums, video games, anime and tv series etc as time went by, not all at the same time, don't wanna flood myself with stuff. Rather spread it over a period of time, take time to enjoy each thing.

Seeing as my best friend and my parents both know that I'm the kinda guy who finds greedy people to be utterly pathetic, I'd hope that if they were to ask me for money then it would only be for severe circumstances. If either of them were to reveal that I won all that money (if it wasn't known already) then they know I'd really hate them, so just for optimism's sake we'll go with them never revealing it or it being revealed at all.

If any of those dear to me however were to be in dire need of money then I'd definitely give them some money either in a reasonable amount to keep the secret or be a mysterious guardian angel, just to be cliché about it. Likely one day I'd be tired of the secrecy and I'd just tell people, but who knows...

Really, 50 million of any currency I can think of would likely be more of a curse to me... Even if it were to be kept secret for all eternity I'd still feel the weight of all that money... A smaller amount within reason to get me sorted out for a few years seems better to me... But oh well, it's still one of those dreams to us all somewhere deep inside our minds and I can't rid myself of all greed, as much as I'd love to. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    - Get my family sorted, make sure they can live in comfort for the rest of their lives.
    - Donate a million to Cancer Research (Because i had cancer at a young age)
    - Buy a DeLorean with all the Back to the Future extras.
    - Build the best gaming PC in the world.
    - Buy a bunch of Apple products and burn them all.
    - Live the rest of my life without worrying about money.