11 1.82%

14 2.32%

4 0.66%

22 3.64%
  • 0 (cuz I'm a troll)

37 6.13%
Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Now that the beta phase is over, how would you rate GW2 out of 10?

I just want to get some opinions from people who have played GW2 and see kind where the consensus lies within a community that likes MMO's.

And I'll go on the record and say its a 9/10 for me. Apart from some glitches and lag which are to be expected, GW2 captures the excitement for me that WoW once did. I can see myself playing GW2 for a long time even if just for the pvp.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    9/10 for sure, there are some quirks but 90% hits the spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know if i'm quite objective to rate the game at all, i'm going to be biased if i put it a 0 or a 10... I'd rate it with an 8 due to subjective issues, again, rating a game is quite hard if you don't have any objective standard.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    I dont know if i'm quite objective to rate the game at all, i'm going to be biased if i put it a 0 or a 10... I'd rate it with an 8 due to subjective issues, again, rating a game is quite hard if you don't have any objective standard.
    Objective standards of review (like graphics, sounds, controls, etc) rely on relativism and are subjective in their own right.

Gave it an 8. It might be a 9 by release though if they add and change a few things. I don't think the PVE will hold me too long, but the PVP should be able to...

I just wish all the sPVP maps weren't all the generic "capture three points" thing. If they added a CTF in there, it'd be a lot cooler. Fingers crossed.
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

10+ Year Old Account
    9/10 for me. Not perfect but a great new MMO nonetheless. Definitely worth taking into account if you like the genre. Fact it doesn't have a subscription is a BIG plus.

I voted 8.

I honestly can't think of anything wrong, but to give it a 10 would be absurd. I couldn't give it a 9 because I haven't really played anything other than the BWE's and so much is yet to be seen.

I give it an 8 and I literally can't wait for Aug 25th.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Id say a 9/10. It has some very fun features but still has some quirks that need to be ironed out!

10+ Year Old Account
    10. This is exactly the new game I'm looking for.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    I DOODLE!

9. It's a very fun game but saying it has no flaws would be silly.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    10/10
    Its what I've been waiting for for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    7/10. It's so much like Aion it's not even funny. Albeit much better at almost everything. The questing was pretty bad tho, I was constantly running out of quests with my next story quest being 2-3 levels ahead with no way to catch up besides killing mobs, which is just horrible. the combat is prettymuch smash abilities, with little need to sequence them correctly (at least this will change at max level).

Deleted
    Voted 7, Seems like a good solid game but nothing to go nuts over.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    7/10. It's so much like Aion it's not even funny. Albeit much better at almost everything. The questing was pretty bad tho, I was constantly running out of quests with my next story quest being 2-3 levels ahead with no way to catch up besides killing mobs, which is just horrible. the combat is prettymuch smash abilities, with little need to sequence them correctly (at least this will change at max level).
    Well, you are entitled to your opinion. But you are viewing the concept of the game in a wrong way by the arguments you showed. You are not supposed to have one story quest after another. I was always ahead of my next story quest by 1 or 2 levels, and I didn't even WvW (which gives alot of exp). If that's your complaint, you better know how to game it.

I have it a 9. Its what the market and me needed, but its far from perfect. That comes in time and alot of work.

Varyk, did you do all the hearts and do some dynamic events? Did you explore and get the skill points and vistas? Worst case you should be able to easily port to another race's starting area to get a bit more XP. I cannot see any reason to have to grind mobs for XP, at least in the beta.

Deleted
    10/10.

Finally an mmo you can just pick up anytime you what for however long you want without feeling you're missing out. No kill stealing, no annoyingly hard to find quest npcs in the middle of no where. None of this "you're the saviour of the world!" nonsense from the get go. Good lore, beautiful game and you actually get incentives to explore and help other people.

It has it's flaws, but seeing as this is a personal preference and I can live with the flaws, 10 it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post

I'm not trying to be disparaging, but I think you were really doing it wrong.

You never ever want to grind mobs in GW2. Mobs give low exp on purpose.

Giving it an 8 until they fix pets. Game is hella fun for all non-pet classes though.

Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    I just want to get some opinions from people who have played GW2 and see kind where the consensus lies within a community that likes MMO's.

And I'll go on the record and say its a 9/10 for me. Apart from some glitches and lag which are to be expected, GW2 captures the excitement for me that WoW once did. I can see myself playing GW2 for a long time even if just for the pvp.
    Your poll is biased. "0" has a "I am a troll" tag next to it, but "10" doesn't have a "I am a fanboy" tag next to it.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    I'm not trying to be disparaging, but I think you were really doing it wrong.

You never ever want to grind mobs in GW2. Mobs give low exp on purpose.
    Some people just really need those yellow exclamation marks to tell them what to do I guess.