Page 1 of 3
LastLast

15-min cooldown on dismounting enemy players [as of 9 days ago]

Hardened Shell

Item not yet on beta afaik, which means it's anyone's guess if it'll make it to live by the time MoP drops. I'm guessing they'll be too chicken to have it go live and potentially cause a huge PVE player outcry.

15-min cooldown is a big disappointment for me. If it was 3-5 minutes I'd be interested in coming back to the game. Meh. I guess this whole "world" and "Alliance v. Horde" thing really isn't that much of a priority. Instances are more amenable to business as usual and less prone to player complaints.

I'm sure all you want to do is grief people, glad your staying away if that's the case.

They should make the cooldown like 1-2 minutes and make players that it is used on have a (debuff) for 10-15 minutes (that prevents the item from being used on them). That way you can still dismount players and fight fairly often, while also not being able to kill the same person over and over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    All this item will be used for is griefing.
    Nothing better then having a random guy fly up to you and dismounting you while he slowfalls down...

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    All this item will be used for is griefing.
    Nothing better then having a random guy fly up to you and dismounting you while he slowfalls down...
    It has a cast time so you can't do that, and btw that item is in beta and has been for a month..

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't keep reading after you claimed the cooldown of a single item was the reason you decided not to come back. I knew then you could not be serious.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
    I guess this whole "world" and "Alliance v. Horde" thing really isn't that much of a priority.
    Of course not, Blizzard is smart enough to realize that while a vocal minority calls for world PvP, most players want to keep it to a minimum.

How can they tell? Simple: People looking for world PvP like to migrate to the minority faction, people looking to avoid it prefer the majority. We all know many realms have terrible faction imbalance, which shows the majority attracts many more players than the minority.

10+ Year Old Account
    15minute cooldown really isn't that much of an issue to me. I usually PvP with 2 other friends and on occassion there are even be 5 of us... so 3minute cooldown each added in with the time it'll probably take to find people in a huge world and the fighting to me it all balances out.

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    I couldn't keep reading after you claimed the cooldown of a single item was the reason you decided not to come back. I knew then you could not be serious.
    That sounds about right.

Deleted
    Screw this item and everything connected to it, there's no other use for it but griefing players...

If you want to PvP then dismount someone the old fashion way.

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Screw this item and everything connected to it, there's no other use for it but griefing players...

If you want to PvP then dismount someone the old fashion way.
    "The old fashion way"? Meaning hitting them several times with spells and hoping they get dismounted before they fly away at 280% speed?

10+ Year Old Account
    They're putting a blue shell in the game and some people don't want it? Probably still butt hurt from all of those lost matches in Mario Kart as a result of the blue shell...

Druids are going to have a whale of a time with this if they can get out of combat and into Flight Form before they hit the floor

"above level 94" YAY wont be ganked more from 60-85.

I do believe they need a counter item for this however

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    "The old fashion way"? Meaning hitting them several times with spells and hoping they get dismounted before they fly away at 280% speed?
    350% with guild bonus and 310% which are both fairly easy to acquire these days
    Last edited by Asphyxiate9; 2012-07-30 at 08:42 AM.

Deleted
    Im still hoping that swift flight form cant be dismounted :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    They should make the cooldown like 1-2 minutes and make players that it is used on have a (debuff) for 10-15 minutes (that prevents the item from being used on them). That way you can still dismount players and fight fairly often, while also not being able to kill the same person over and over again.
    Better make no CD on it, but place a debuff on user, so he can't use this item again until he dies or 15 minutes expires (and if he dies with this debuff, it will morph into another one, something shamefull)
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2012-07-30 at 08:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

You won't be able to kill anyone in most cases as this item has 0.5 sec cast so you need to stand still while using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox2223 View Post
    I'm sure all you want to do is grief people, glad your staying away if that's the case.
    I'm sure all you want to do is force your PVE playstyle on the PVP-loving people on PVP realms. I'm sure you're just a really bad player who can't handle anything that's not scripted and pre-determined and easily available to research online or in-game where you can figure out exactly what will happen when and have a multitude of different addons available to tell you exactly when to move where and get out of the fire.

But that's okay. Since you feel it's okay to stereotype me I'll just stereotype you and ascribe juvenile bull**** to you since that's what you do to me.

Or how about we just accept that different people want different things out of the game. I want a world full of danger and adventure. You want instances and little to no danger out in the world. We can all get along, as long as we're on different server rulesets.

*you're

10+ Year Old Account
    so weather you can be a dick to ppl every 3-5 minutes as compared to the implemented 15 is what keeps you from coming back to the game? well then.

---------- Post added 2012-07-31 at 01:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
    I'm sure all you want to do is force your PVE playstyle on the PVP-loving people on PVP realms. I'm sure you're just a really bad player who can't handle anything that's not scripted and pre-determined and easily available to research online or in-game where you can figure out exactly what will happen when and have a multitude of different addons available to tell you exactly when to move where and get out of the fire.

But that's okay. Since you feel it's okay to stereotype me I'll just stereotype you and ascribe juvenile bull**** to you since that's what you do to me.

Or how about we just accept that different people want different things out of the game. I want a world full of danger and adventure. You want instances and little to no danger out in the world. We can all get along, as long as we're on different server rulesets.

*you're
    woah woah there pal dont need to get all in a tizzy over such meaningless shit. but then again with you complaining about this to begin with i guess i shouldn't be surprised

I agree on the above, put debuff on the player it was used on so it can't happen again.

I'm not sure what people are complaining about honestly, who even flies low enough for this to be used? Even more-so, who even flies nowadays anyway? You all just sit in some city and wait for your queue to pop or your raid leader to summon you.

Oh, dailies, that doesn't really matter anyway as you currently get dominated when you're doing your daily rounds anyway, no flying turtle shell is going to change anything here.

<.<