Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i think ill be able to count the number of hunters in competitive pvp using binding shot on one hand.

Hybrid healing is still insane on the beta at 90

Useless : Survival and MM Hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    my feral druid was amazing, sucks ass after patch -.-

Elemental Shamans are pretty insane at the moment. Getting a ludicruos ammount of instant lava bursts and I can literally take out 2-3 average casters in a battleground (provided there is no healer present) I have BiS gear, but it's still a bit of a joke.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Books View Post
    my feral druid was amazing, sucks ass after patch -.-
    Press Ferocious Bite to win. (Yes, you have to apply Faerie Fire and Savage Roar and DoTs first, but it still works)

Honestly BearCats are still in effect IMO, Ferals are as strong as pre-patch.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-09-03 at 08:44 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    rogue sucks now, cba to explain

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnarchyEU View Post
    rogue sucks now, cba to explain
    Try subtlety, Find Weakness is still some of the best burst in the pvp game (paired with Shadow Focus IMO, but I've heard good arguments for Nightstalker and Subterfuge as well). Burst of Speed is fantastic for self-dispelling snares/roots given the new dispel model - it's no longer possible for healers to spam dispels on their rogues to keep you moving - this somewhat address that.

Personally I think the fix that rogues need is a) smaller cost on Burst of Speed, like 35-40 energy rather than 60, b) lower cooldown on Shadowstep (15 or 20 seconds, down from 24), Burst of Speed shouldn't be the obvious choice - and if the cost was reduced it would be if it isnt already, c) less dependence on Find Weakness for their pressure - I would give them 20% base armor penetration, and then make Find Weakness give them an additional 40% - so their burst during Find Weakness is slightly less (60% down from 70%) but their pressure is a decent chunk higher.

Also as subtlety remember to open with Garrote so you are getting the 20% additional damage versus bleeding targets, you can then Shadowdance if you like to Ambush spam during Find Weakness.

We (my guildies) experimented with Combat PvP but I think the general consensus was Subtlety was still the thing to be because of Find Weakness.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-09-03 at 10:09 PM.

Deleted
    While some melee are decent, ranged are vastly more dominating than they were in previous patches. Most have more than twice as much CC than pre patch while I feel most lack the tools necessary to close gaps and put on pressure.

Either DR duration needs to be longer, CC cooldowns increased or CC duration reduced slightly.

Priests and Warlocks seem to be the worst, their amount of fears and CC have shot up dramatically with absolutely no way to counter effectively.

---------- Post added 2012-09-03 at 11:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    Press Ferocious Bite to win. (Yes, you have to apply Faerie Fire and Savage Roar and DoTs first, but it still works)

Ferocious Bite is awful tbh, it's only good if you can pool energy for burst. Rip and Rake do amazing damage though, almost twice as much from 4.3.

If you're trying to level right now its basically who has more HPala that wins. Low level BG's are much more of a joke now then before. It use to be hunters ( if you were smart you can still beat them ) and rogues ( use get past their open ) now its just all hpala. They NEVER dip below 95% mana, they can go from 5% to 100% health on any cast and they 1 shot. How a healer can 1 shot anyone is beyond me, and ooh ya they get the only low level stun right off the bat.

At least there was something that could be done about rogues and hunters if you were smart about it, theres nothing that can be done about hpalas....shadow and disc priest are almost as bad but not quite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post

Ferocious Bite Didnt think we were discussing classes that are awesome in random battlegrounds and ganking...

Really tho, ferals lost some and got some. It is pretty much on the same place as earlier but slightly better. All other classes are better than in cata so yeah.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post
    While some melee are decent, ranged are vastly more dominating than they were in previous patches. Most have more than twice as much CC than pre patch while I feel most lack the tools necessary to close gaps and put on pressure.

Either DR duration needs to be longer, CC cooldowns increased or CC duration reduced slightly.

Priests and Warlocks seem to be the worst, their amount of fears and CC have shot up dramatically with absolutely no way to counter effectively.

---------- Post added 2012-09-03 at 11:33 PM ----------

Ferocious Bite is awful tbh, it's only good if you can pool energy for burst. Rip and Rake do amazing damage though, almost twice as much from 4.3.
    Priests have exactly the same number of CC's as they did before. 30 second fear, for Shadow this is a nerf from 23 second fear pre-patch, mind control is easier to land now (faster cast time, longer range) but now has a 30 second cooldown, silence is the same, and psychic horror has a shorter cooldown but removes devouring plague - which is ALL our damage right now. You can exchange mind control for void tendrils (roots that you target (can macro-target even) to one shot to free yourself), but then you're losing mind control.

Also, Ferocious Bite is very strong burst for what is essentially a dot-based melee class - pretty much all good classes have a) ramp-up time (faerie fire, savage roar, rip/rake) and b) resource pooling (energy) before they can burst effectively with the exception of rets and frost mages - so it's not really unrealistic to expect you to wait for energy before you burst.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-09-04 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    I don't think people understand the difference between broken and balanced around level 90...
    I don't think you grasp the idea of "it's not balanced at 90 either". Do some research before making such a silly claim.

PvP is going to SUCK come MoP. Dispel's been hit with a CD when there's more CC in the game than ever. Now I get to enjoy sitting in more CC's than ever!

Never mind that burst is also in a worst state than in S8 WotLK especially in terms of healing.

It's like GC went out of his way to prove himself and his PvP philosophies wrong (see: Pre-Cataclysm PvP blue posts).

Remove slows from rets and ferals. Give feral it's baseline 30% increased movement speed back and ret it's baseline 15% increased movement speed; reduce repentence cd to compensate rets. Remove auto-attack slows. Change gag order to only effect heroic throw and nerf shockwave stun for warriors. Remove ice ward for mages. Reduce duration of all roots effects by 50%. Remove paralytic poison for rogue. Remove binding shot or intimidating roar for hunters. Halve the duration of all stuns in the game. Put all hard CC on a single DR. That's CC/control nerfed.

Remove healing from PvP power. Nerf the fuck out of cd stacking for all classes (especially frost/fire mages, warriors and rets). That's burst nerfed. Burst is overall fine as is outside of cd stacking. In fact, if the above changes ever happen (they won't), damage might need to get buffed to compensate for lack of keeping healers locked down despite the healing nerf to PvP power.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-09-04 at 06:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

well its a bout time destro could burst finally in cata it was a burst spec with no burst felt like i was launching wet noodles at my enemy hoping that they would slip and fall on their own weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Probably just about as annoying as fighting a rogue or feral has been for plate classes.
    And where do us poor enhancement shamans that rely on hitting targets for heals fit?

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    i find it funny that ppl mention destro locks as OP when it is actually the worst dps spec at lvl 90 being outperformed by afflic and demo by a fairly large margin. the thing is, destro locks does one thing very well and that is burst dmg, when they can chain those then they can dish out high amount of dmg as very few can keep up with chain crits of shadow burn and chaos bolt but it isnt something that is sustainable as chaos bolt isnt spammable, they do have a rather costly resource cost that take a long time to build up, especially in arena.
    i agree with you 100% destro before this patch was simply awful in every expac except at the end of wotlk. Like i posted destro was a wet noodle trying to break through the armor of the beast *presidential car* fast casts yes, but hardly even hitting for half of what my mage would and not to mention the lack of defensive abilities other than fear and shadowfury. Now we can chain defensive cds and self heal with embers a much needed ability and it still takes skill to execute a perfect lockdown on most classes as destro.

Do you really expect that out of 30 possible (33 monks included) spec/class/talent combination, everything is going to be balanced?

I never understood the consept of this direction that blizz followed. The responsible one for this nonsence is the player community that has always been asking that every spec they play is viable and competetive.

Why on earth should every spec you can possibly play be viable in first place? Why for example as a druid you should have 4 freakin viable pvp specs. Is is that bad if 2 of them are great instead of everything??

Does it matter if arms isnt as good as fury? You want to dual wield in pvp like you do in pve? Sorry bro, thats not an argument.

You are a pure dps class and want all 3 of your specs to be super great? Why? Is is that hard to have 1 proper spec for PVP? Do you really as a hunter mind it that much to not be markmanship when you pvp? Is it that hard to have another of the two as dual spec?

Seriously what is wrong with you people? As long as you qq about everything to be balanced around everything , you distract devs and at the end of the day half of us are not happy.

PVP should be like this: every class has at least 1 good, proper and competetive spec. You dont need to have them all equally strong to PVP.

As if PVE homogenization isnt enough.

judging from the patch - not beta, ofc.

healing, hybrid healing, fears from preists/warlocks, rogues getting completely shat on in terms of utility... and dunno.. there's so much cc/snare/stuns going atm it silly.

healing is waaaay too strong. i really like how healers were in cata, same goes for hybrid healing - it's there, but it'll cost you. now i just see hybrids cast one heal, topped, keep going.

warlocks/priests are fear machines now, and its extremely annoying due the new dispell mechanic.. not to mention frost mages as well.

rogues are just... dunno... feel like a shitty version of a warrior.

and everyone has so much snare/cc/silence etc. thats its borderline ridiculous.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by biggslimm View Post
    The Rogue in our guild who was doing around 30K DPS pre-patch is now doing about 50K. He said he noticed his legendaries proc a lot more.
    He was only doing 30k with LEGENDARIES? Sorry to say, but that rogue is a baddie.

I just totally avoid PvP for now, the last WSG I went into Alliance had 5 holy pallys... The worst part is they won't be much weaker at 90, unless you can chain silence/stun them there's nothing we'll be able to do. Just like they have been for years.