583 37.44%
  • Would have gone about it differently.

571 36.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 84
... LastLast

Man kills girlfriend after finding out she has HIV

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...iend-to-death/

(CBS) Larry Dunn Jr. made a chilling confession to cops last week after allegedly stabbing his girlfriend for telling him she was HIV-positive, WFAA-TV reported.

"She killed me, so I killed her."

Dunn, a 36-year-old Texas man, told police that he snapped during a visit to the Dallas apartment of his new girlfriend, 28-year-old Cicely Bolden, on Thursday afternoon, according to WFAA.

Bolden apparently revealed her HIV status to Dunn after the couple had sex. (To clarify)

Furious, Dunn grabbed a knife from the kitchen and stabbed Bolden to death.

Bolden's son and daughter, ages 7 and 8, found their mother's body at around 3:30 p.m. when they came home from school, neighbor Latoya Arnett said told the TV station.

"They came out crying. I ran out to see what was wrong with them. They were saying, "Something's wrong with mama!"

According to a detectives, Dunn burned his clothes and the knife he used to stab Bolden and tossed them in a dumpster at a Waffle House restaurant. Cops were able to retrieve the charred murder weapon.

Bolden's two children are in custody of the boy's father, Jeff Busby, who said she contracted HIV within the past two years.

Dunn is being held on $500,000 bond on a murder charge.
    One has to wonder what such people are even thinking sometimes, and weirdly this is not the first time I have heard such a story. Would you do the same or similar in Dunn's position?
    Last edited by Austilias; 2012-09-10 at 07:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, I think you meant to post this in the General OT board, Alen.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Ah, I think you meant to post this in the General OT board, Alen.
    That I did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved to Off-Topic

That's despicable. I live with HIV. It's not a death sentence and that is plain murder, period. Honestly, I don't see how anyone could justify it.

Deleted
    That's messed up. I feel bad for the children. From what I gather he didn't even check to see if he was HIV Positive he just reacted to the news that she was, and stabber her to death. I can't condone murder but what kind of fucked up person has (presumably) unprotected sex without disclosing this sort of thing with random people?
    Last edited by mmoc36f8af66e9; 2012-09-10 at 07:23 PM.

If I had found out I got a disease from my ex I would have done the same. No kids here though.

I would be upset. Though I wouldn't hit or kill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That's despicable. I live with HIV. It's not a death sentence and that is plain murder, period. Honestly, I don't see how anyone could justify it.
    Indeed, IMO murder is never justifiable.

Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    That's messed up. I feel bad for the children.
    I agree; for the kids it's tragic, but truth be told I don't quite think anyone could fathom what was going through Dunn's mind after that confession, so I don't blame him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    If I had found out I got a disease from my ex I would have done the same. No kids here though.
    The question is, why? If she didn't know about it (let's say she didn't), then why would she deserve death? If she did know, how is death going to help you in any fashion?

Deleted
    "She killed me, so I killed her."

Essentially yes. It's really hard to defend her in any way imaginable. I aprove of the guy's actions. This is assuming she knew about being HIV positive which it seems she did seeing what the husband said.

Deleted
    I failed to see the point where it was confirmed he had contracted the disease, having sex one time does not mean guaranteed infection. Although it was wrong of her to withhold this information, murdering her was very excessive. Now children are left without any parents, it's sad.

The question is, why? If she didn't know about it (let's say she didn't), then why would she deserve death? If she did know, how is death going to help you in any fashion?
    That's a hypothetical situation however. To my knowledge. HIV is grievously life-impairing/shortening at the very least, and given that she knew I would most certainly put it on par with murder to engage in sex without telling one's partner that you have such a condition.

15+ Year Old Account
    My #1 problem is he didint even get tested to see if he contracted it... just assumed he now has it and killed her.

His statement is also false... she didn't kill him even if e did contract it she did however greatly reduce his quality of life and shortened his life expectancy... but he didn't just spontaniously combust and die... so his "she killed me" argument isinvalid.

It is a touchy situation and I sympathise for him as finding that out must be devistating... but to murder a mother of 2 children and leave her there for them to find her... no excuse / reason in the world could justify that!

I mean what would YOU do? Don't just judge other people's responses, list your own as well.

I was recently talking to someone about something very similar to this. A women was telling me about her cheating ex that "got around a lot" (if you know what I mean) and she warned them that if she came down with HIV that she would kill them both upon breaking up with him (She didn't know he was cheating).

I usually hear a lot of responses that result in murder if put in a situation like this. I just hope she didn't know BEFORE infecting him.

OT: I would be pissed, I don't think I would hit her because I can't see myself hitting a women but shit, who knows what I would, although I would get tested first then respond.
    Last edited by Toroc; 2012-09-10 at 07:30 PM.

Deleted
    Having normal sex with an infected person does not mean you surely got it.

The man is obviously some dumb redneck. Not only HIV is not deadly anymore but also having sex, even unprotected, does not necessarily get you HIV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Dude, wtf? That's a HORRIBLE thing to do.

Though it's stupid of her not to tell the guy she had HIV, it's just stupid to MURDER someone because that person gave you HIV. If HIV were to be a deadly disease, killing you within a couple of hours it'd be probably more justicable... But still, it amazes me how many agressive people there are in the world.

If this girl knew she had HIV, then yeah, I think its justifiable. I'm not saying it's wrong and I'm not saying he should be let off, but I would have at least sued the bitch until she was homeless and couldn't afford medical care.

It's a different story if she didn't know.

Edit: just read the story. There's no way this bitch didn't know, she knew. She told him after they had sex. I would be fucking furious.
    Last edited by Waltzinblack; 2012-09-10 at 07:28 PM.

If she did know, how is death going to help you in any fashion?
    She did know, so the "if she didn't" is irrelevant. And it wont help him/me, but it will stop the her from spreading the disease further.
    Last edited by openair; 2012-09-10 at 07:31 PM.