583 37.44%
  • Would have gone about it differently.

571 36.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    No I think he has moral reason for it then "His mom told him." Even if it is true for him, it doesn't matter. Our parents instill morality into us as does other things. Sheez
    So what? That doesn't make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by Stede View Post
    No it wasn't. Obviously. He's still alive. And treatment options are available to continue that. Calling it 'Just as Bad' is retarded.
    Simply because he didn't die out right doesn't mean they're not equal. If he's infected he's condemned to a life of drug dependency, having a stigma with every person he'll ever meet again. And who knows if he didn't pass it along to someone else unknowlingly in the mean time. You're truly blind if you cannot see damage brought by such behavior.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2012-09-10 at 07:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that's messed up.. Should have used a condom... And if she knew she had aids she should have told him. But that does not give him reason to kill her. She had 2 young children that will now grow up without their mother. Also, he should rot in prison without the possibility of parole.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I'd love a once a day - Isentress & Truvada here.

You were lucky, though, as I suspect he didn't know. Not lucky in how he got it, I can only imagine. This guy had a right to be upset over this (but not murder), and I'm pretty sure it's any state that it's considered assault.
    He didn't, but c'est la vie. I was on Kaletra and Truvada when I was first diagnosed. THAT WAS HELL! I was also diagnosed at the earliest possible stage (viral loads in the millions), so that made a huge difference as I stopped most of the initial damage from which is often the most difficult to recover.

I know far too many people with HIV honestly. It is still, technically, a death sentence, but the current life expectancy is at least 40years after infection. However, most estimates show that increasing drastically over the next few years. In short, someone that is infected now, and takes care of their body is expected to live a full life.

As for the case of the man who was cured, there are still some debates on that subject due to how retroviruses work (their genetic code is likely still in his genome). Furthermore, the "cure" nearly killed him. It was an all-or-not treatment. "If it kills me, then the cancer would have anyways."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kittysox View Post
    Two wrongs do not make a right.
    And what indicates that?

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    No, its not. Dont use self defense as an example, that is not considered murder.
    tell that to George Zimmerman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyyz View Post
    Wow, that's messed up.. Should have used a condom... And if she knew she had aids she should have told him. But that does not give him reason to kill her. She had 2 young children that will now grow up without their mother. Also, he should rot in prison without the possibility of parole.
    Seriously people should stop using children as a shield and accept the fact that she deserved it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Please do not post suggestions of violence or conspiracy theories in this thread at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    So what? That doesn't make it so.

Two wrongs don't make a right. It's morally wrong to kill someone especially in situations like this. And don't go on about the millitary kill people all the time I KNOW THAT. What the guy did was WRONG, he took a life when she didn't do it. The woman did something real shitty sure no denying that. Doesn't justify the murder.

Seriously people should stop using children as a shield and accept the fact that she deserved it.

She deserved likely to be broken up. Not the murder oh and the children is a good reason. THEY LOST A CAREGIVER, that's big trauma for them.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sealed Shut View Post
    tell that to George Zimmerman
    You mean the fact he was allowed to walk free before the huge media shitstorm? He followed the state laws, even if I dont agree with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't lie that I half chuckled, but this is sad for the kids. Coming home and finding your mother stabbed to death will be very traumatic for them.

But the man and woman got what they deserved. The woman KNEW she had HIV. To hide that from the man she just made love to is............I can't even find a word for that. The man overreacted way too much on how he should have handled the situation. And now he will either spend the rest of his life in prison or be executed. But in his defence (and I don't know why I would defend him) how would any of us react to this?

I would be VERY upset. First I would HAVE to get away from the (it's so hard to find a word I can say on the forums, XD) little woman before I explode. Maybe call the cops afterward to see if I can file anything legal against her. And then go to the doctor.

So i post an actual quoted source on the topic, with my beliefs on this whole fiasco with absolutely no trolling, name calling, or anything against the TOS and i still get infracted?

What a joke this site has become.
    When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    I think you need to give some valid reasons why. The way I see it:

Left side - he potentially, 1 in 900 chance or so, gets a controllable condition (through medication) that can still ensure a long life
    Right side - she's dead

How is this even close to deserved?

They had children, they have to think about them and not themselves. Now not only the guy killed the girlfriend, but the guy also scarred his children for life. He ruined 2 more lives, and that is his children. Only reason why its unjustifiable. Poor Poor Childrens.

Edit: But she did deserve it, but he could've killed her more silently. Or Try to hide it from the kids at least.

Deleted
    If she knew about it then and didn't tell him - fair play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't find it life-impairing at all. I take two medications a day, and my immune system is as healthy as yours (997 CD4 count). With proper exercise, diet, and medication, I have the same life expectancy as you do.

That said, it's considered assault to have sex with someone but not let them know of your status, at least here in Illinois. He had legal recourse he could have taken. Now he's just ruined his own life. Furthermore, the article doesn't even say she gave it to him or that they had unprotected sex. Everyone is leaping to conclusions.

It's more difficult to catch HIV than people think. It's not just a "Oh I had sex, I have it" kind of thing. If she was taking the same level of medications I do, her chances of transmitting it are very low.
    Thank you for your knowledge on this subject and sharing it and I'm glad you're doing well The problem is exactly this. People has so many misconceptions about diseases and don't bother to research and find out the truth...they would rather just jump to conclussions. My husband was diagnoses with Hep C...which can also be spread...but blood to open wound is the most common way to spread it (as is HIV if I'm not mistaken)...not spit, not having sex..not sweat. But when people found out he had Hep they would literally shun him. One time he sneezed (covering his mouth and nose of course) and this guy nearly ripped his head off. People are morons. I'm happy to say that after treatment (which was horrid, shots in the stomach) he did clear the virus. But this guy should be put in prison and never see the light of day. Yes the woman deserved jail time for her part, but she didn't deserve death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawt View Post
    So i post an actual quoted source on the topic, with my beliefs on this whole fiasco with absolutely no trolling, name calling, or anything against the TOS and i still get infracted?

What a joke this site has become.
    If you're having any issues with moderation, please contact Sunshine

The question is, why? If she didn't know about it (let's say she didn't), then why would she deserve death? If she did know, how is death going to help you in any fashion?
    but she did know about it so your argument is invalid. what kind of sick human being with HIV doesn't tell their partner before unprotected sex? i'm not sure he was thinking straight and i would have done the same thing in the heat of the moment due to my reaction. i mean contracting someone with HIV is one of the worst things you can do to someones life. it's worse than murder, its killing someone slowly, almost taking away sex completely, medical treatment to live longer, shorter life, etc.

Deleted
    prolly would have done the same

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Two wrongs don't make a right. It's morally wrong to kill someone especially in situations like this. And don't go on about the millitary kill people all the time I KNOW THAT. What the guy did was WRONG, he took a life when she didn't do it. The woman did something real shitty sure no denying that. Doesn't justify the murder.

She deserved likely to be broken up. Not the murder oh and the children is a good reason. THEY LOST A CAREGIVER, that's big trauma for them.
    She could've done it to someone else, probably would've considering she already did it to someone.

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 07:55 PM ----------

I think you need to give some valid reasons why. The way I see it:

Left side - he potentially, 1 in 900 chance or so, gets a controllable condition (through medication) that can still ensure a long life
    Right side - she's dead

How is this even close to deserved?
    It wasn't her chance to take.