Deleted
    Problem is that some people go away for three days, or more, or less too, because they go on a vacation, how about that then?

Let's assume someone goes away for three days because he/she has no Internet in the place he/she is going for a vacation. I'm not sure it would be fair to modkill someone that is gone for three days and not do the same for someone who went on a vacation.

I mean, if you sign up, I guess you should know if you're going to be away for some time to the point of hurting the game, you shouldn't be playing, but each to his/her own but meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    you'd be surprised with some people ._.
    well true, I do heavily censor myself so I don't seem as crazy as I am, However it can't be hard not to delete....

Hey Worg you're a troll, u mad bro?

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 02:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Problem is that some people go away for three days, or more, or less too, because they go on a vacation, how about that then?

Let's assume someone goes away for three days because he/she has no Internet in the place he/she is going for a vacation. I'm not sure it would be fair to modkill someone that is gone for three days and not do the same for someone who went on a vacation.

I mean, if you sign up, I guess you should know if you're going to be away for some time to the point of hurting the game, you shouldn't be playing, but each to his/her own but meh.
    Meh, They can give for warning to the mods and the other players then, it is not as bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    Meh, They can give for warning to the mods and the other players then, it is not as bad.
    I know it's not as bad but it's just food for thought.

I personally couldn't decide this lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    What Arlee said is exactly what I was meaning. It wasn't to try and cut people out of the decision making process or anything.

There are also rules here on MMOC we have to think of when it comes to these bans and how we handle them within the game. "Evading a forum ban" is a real thing that is frowned upon here, so you have to mod the games within certain rules.

Also, another reason I wanted to discuss it elsewhere is because talking about forum bans isn't really something that we should be doing (especially if we bring up people and their exact bans).

10+ Year Old Account
    Woo! I seem to have convinced a friend of mine to try the next game! Not that much went into convincing him, I just kept ranting to him about the last few games as they were going on and told him he should play next game. This means I need to find somebody else to rant to.

Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Woo! I seem to have convinced a friend of mine to try the next game! Not that much went into convincing him, I just kept ranting to him about the last few games as they were going on and told him he should play next game. This means I need to find somebody else to rant to.
    bringing more of your scum friends!! *Stare*

also krazy I can concede that point. I guess if you linked the thread here or somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    You got a friend interested in playing by ranting to him? o.O That sounds like and... interesting friend...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Worg you're a troll, u mad bro?
    I know this may have been in jest, but calling other posters trolls and meme posting's infractable. :3
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    I know this may have been in jest, but calling other posters trolls and meme posting's infractable. :3
    I think that was the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    You got a friend interested in playing by ranting to him? o.O That sounds like and... interesting friend...
    Oh we rant to eachother all the time over messenger. Sometimes we even listen to eachother.

*ahem*

next sign up.

As far as last game goes, and this is mostly targeting the new players -

I'd like to hear people's opinions on the game. What about it was fun? Not fun? Things that you would have preferred change? Fewer players? Open roles? Traditional roles? Shorter days? Longer days? Et cetera~

Personally, as I stated in the game thread, I wouldn't mind a simpler game. I feel that we are bringing in new players and showing them a rather extreme version of mafia that is absolutely not the ordinary way to play the game. The more and more power individual players have in their roles and the more obscure the roles are (first we took away knowledge of number of roles, now we've taken away knowledge of what roles exist at all) the more the game becomes about night actions and less about manipulation and argument. I feel that the main point of mafia is lost on new players - so much strategy is based on the metagame itself, an element we have all but removed from our setups lately.

However, if everyone likes this method I don't mind at all. But that's why I would like newer players to respond with their thoughts. If your answer is "I hated this game because Lysah was in it," I'd still like to hear those opinions.

me included?

Everyone's opinion counts for something.

you don't make it feel that way *sob*

anyways. I think it would be fun to have a mixture of both. Though i do feel that most of the time the game is deiced by power roles. however I do like themed games a bit more. I love how themed games can introduce new roles, thts not to say you cant have a more original mafia game with a theme. I'll post more thoughts later when I wake up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    As far as last game goes, and this is mostly targeting the new players -

I'd like to hear people's opinions on the game. What about it was fun? Not fun? Things that you would have preferred change? Fewer players? Open roles? Traditional roles? Shorter days? Longer days? Et cetera~

Personally, as I stated in the game thread, I wouldn't mind a simpler game. I feel that we are bringing in new players and showing them a rather extreme version of mafia that is absolutely not the ordinary way to play the game. The more and more power individual players have in their roles and the more obscure the roles are (first we took away knowledge of number of roles, now we've taken away knowledge of what roles exist at all) the more the game becomes about night actions and less about manipulation and argument. I feel that the main point of mafia is lost on new players - so much strategy is based on the metagame itself, an element we have all but removed from our setups lately.

However, if everyone likes this method I don't mind at all. But that's why I would like newer players to respond with their thoughts. If your answer is "I hated this game because Lysah was in it," I'd still like to hear those opinions.
    only solution to this really is to have split games or do simpler. We did lots of simpler games in the past and people would quit and we'd get nobody new :\ If we get a big enough group signing up, we can mix some vets with all the newbs with a simpler setup and then have another game run simultaneously that's all vets that is much more like the last few we've done.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

how would you define a vet/ a newb then?

10+ Year Old Account
    how would you define a vet/ a newb then?
    well, newb would easily be ones who haven't played with us before. We don't know if they've had previous experience elsewhere, but even if they do, they might not now how we all play and such :3

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Yeah, I agree, vets are people who have played on this forum for a while and newbs are everyone else. Greeney and his people are experienced but they're still newbs =p

if you don't have set lines it is going to be based on " well I like this person so they can join the other game", even though i think that whole idea already bad in it's base idea.

not not fair to have to kiss ass to get into both games.
    Last edited by Blood Fox; 2013-03-24 at 02:29 AM.