Deleted
    I cant figure how unthemed games would run. What do you discuss besides peoples behaviour? What about day 1? And how are actions referred to in the night message?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by celtic209 View Post
    I cant figure how unthemed games would run. What do you discuss besides peoples behaviour? What about day 1? And how are actions referred to in the night message?
    Day1 is hectic chaos. Nightfury Treann votes for himself, and it usually goes to majority voting for him, then randomly killing off a towny instead.
    People just bullshit along with non-related stuff, but also when Worgen/Firebert/Dyra/EverythingNice (when she played) and Lysah, they took things into alot of depth.

Night actions are just displayed with 'morning, blah & blah are dead'. Doesn't say how they died or what type of person killed them.
    Usually there is a newpaper type person who searches a body a night and that report ends up being read out to the town the next day.

Open setups make me go qepohgAWGhaowphvprsoneawVOnawpofnAWfha. These things are crazy.
    I prefer closed.

Days are forever (although right now it's because of Greeney being ill) and yeah.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    OP has a link to just about every game played if you wanna browse. It's kinda like what Kuthe said(with some grains of salt added ofc). We'd do more closed games, but people seem to hate those(or they do when I or Foxxi tried em >_<) so a lot of the games are open.

Except usually we have flavor text with how a person died or was lynched depending on if we're in the mood to make something up lol. Sometimes it'd just be something like 'the town wakes up to find Worgenite dead' and others there'd be a nice bit of flavor text added in.
    Last edited by Loaf; 2013-02-06 at 11:50 AM.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    Open set-ups?

10+ Year Old Account
    Open set-ups?
    Yeah, the roles and how many of each role were listed in the op. Like 5 vt's, 1 cop, 1 doc, 3 mafia(as an example). Mostly b/c that's how Kumduh had it setup for the first 6ish games and people got too used to it. The few games that were semi open or closed a lot of people complained about it so we just kinda stopped bothering with it.

The games were never very popular; we've had like maybe 3 games with more than 20 people. We just did what we could really to keep those that did want to play from leaving rather than trying too many new things. We did try a few oddball things though but idk if people actually liked any of em >_<

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

closed games are so much nicer in my opinion. Themes games add a lot more flavor but they can take a lot of time to make and keep up with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    closed games are so much nicer in my opinion. Themes games add a lot more flavor but they can take a lot of time to make and keep up with.
    Yeah, I can't imagine having to come up with all the various characters and whatnot and make sure there's no duplicates. Greeney slipped already, I'm sure I'd do much worse. Plus every person is unique. That means(for this game anyways) 30 different pm's at the start. You can only send one per minute ._. I mean, we had those random anon games on the other forums, but it was simple to set that up b/c it was just assign a name for a person to register as and we'd give them an avatar associated with it(like the pokemon game). It wasn't themed in any way as far as flavor goes, but every person was a random gen 1 pokemon.

I wouldn't mind doing closed or semi-open(they have the roles listed, but not the number and anything not listed won't be in the game) but yeah :3

You know seeing greeny's I have thought of other themes that would be fun. I have thought of some but, I don't have the time to run them myself, would have to partner up with someone on that one.

why would people not like closed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    You know seeing greeny's I have thought of other themes that would be fun. I have thought of some but, I don't have the time to run them myself, would have to partner up with someone on that one.

why would people not like closed?
    Not knowing the setup or even what it could possibly be. Makes it that much more stressful trying to figure stuffs out. I personally think it's awesome(especially a semi open b/c then one could lie about certain roles while still giving the town some inkling of what to expect).

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    Not knowing the setup or even what it could possibly be. Makes it that much more stressful trying to figure stuffs out. I personally think it's awesome(especially a semi open b/c then one could lie about certain roles while still giving the town some inkling of what to expect).
    Mafia should be hard, closed I say.. only logical arguments allowed.. unless you're active lurking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Day1 is hectic chaos. Nightfury Treann votes for himself, and it usually goes to majority voting for him, then randomly killing off a towny instead.
    People just bullshit along with non-related stuff, but also when Worgen/Firebert/Dyra/EverythingNice (when she played) and Lysah, they took things into alot of depth.
    Did I? I didn't mean to. I'm sorry.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the depth is a good thing? Not sure :x

Dyra is not good at getting compliments

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Did I? I didn't mean to. I'm sorry.
    No he meant shallow

Honestly yea the first few closed games or semi-closed games we did there was a lot "ahmg the set-up could be anything there's no point is discussing things or thinking about anything because who knows????!!!!!!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!" going on which made them more frustrating than they should have been. Though I think I broke everyone's brains with the all scum game, but that was nowhere near the first closed game we did.

Personally I think closed games work better if the end of day/night stories actually have something to do with what happened, though it is harder on the mod because you need to be clear but not give too much away.

Deleted
    I dont know if open set-ups were ever done at utopia temple (the other site me and greeney are from) but all the games i particapated in were closed set-ups with themes.

I agree that themes make games a lot more work espicially from the mod but i generally find them enjoyable from both playing and modding perspective.

The no-scum game could have been extremely epic if you didn't say everyone's role when they died. Who knows how far the fake cop claim could've gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    The no-scum game could have been extremely epic if you didn't say everyone's role when they died. Who knows how far the fake cop claim could've gone.
    Yea, I thought about that in hindsight

I dont know if open set-ups were ever done at utopia temple (the other site me and greeney are from)
    Speaking of which, do you know if hes ok?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Yes. We know. I dun goofed. Stop saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    Yes. We know. I dun goofed. Stop saying it.
    You left PoE.