Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I'm not sure that's entirely true. How many people shop for pets and shits on the wow store? hell how many people buy cosmetic skins on LoL?
    Hence why I said worthless to a fair few players that couldn't care less about cosmetic crap and didn't generalize it to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    That kind of hyperbole is pointless and unnecessary. It's more than obvious he's talking about the people on these forums and you're well aware of that. That post was not constructive and just makes you sound petty.
    Perhaps, that part of the post wasn't why I made it though and he does suggest that it's only two people caring.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    that part of the post wasn't why I made it though and he does suggest that it's only two people caring.
    Considering it was only one sentence, what could have possibly been the reason to say it aside from being snide?

And it's more than clear what he's talking about and who he's talking to. You're only making that assumption so it can fit into your reasoning for responding in that manner.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Considering it was only one sentence, what could have possibly been the reason to say it aside from being snide?

And it's more than clear what he's talking about and who he's talking to. You're only making that assumption so it can fit into your reasoning for responding in that manner.
    Perhaps it was the quote above the one you are carrying on about in a even more pointless manner than my original post, a post that wasn't even aimed at you yet you feel the need to carry on about it.

Probably a good time to stop the off topic banter and get back to the topic of the thread.

Perhaps it was the quote above the one you are carrying on about in a even more pointless manner than my original post, a post that wasn't even aimed at you yet you feel the need to carry on about it.
    Then leave it there and leave off the extracurriculars. At least we both agree that it was pointless.

That's all from me on that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post

If this is what happens, we can all read between the lines. They are going F2P and want as many people as possible as 'subscribers' when that transition happens. Then they can proudly proclaim that F2P saved the game and they now have 1.7 million subs when it launched. Otherwise, they are planning on selling the world complete and utter bullshit.

Edit:

And the thing that should be making people really upset is that they have given us this blank 'Fall' and then 'November' as the target release date. So people keep paying, and keep paying, assuming this launches in November. What happens when November 30 gets here and they say, "Oops, the game isn't perfect yet. We're extending the transition to F2P for a few months so we can make this perfect for you!" Now it's like gambling, you're already in over your head so you can either leave with a loss or keep trying your luck. It's just a poor attempt at forcing people to subscribe who don't necessarily want to by withholding value from them.
    Sadly i think you're right on this. Kinda figures though, they have basicly been dangling the carrot infront of the players from the lauch saying ' just wait what awesome content and new exiting we have coming for you' 'soon' and very little has ever materialized.

James Ohlen "For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Maybe there will be some kind of surge of content when free to play comes since i bet they have been sitting on some new stuff once the decision to go free to play was made. And that was most likely sometime after 1.2 . So they funded their transition to free to play with their current subscribers while giving them barely anything for their money in the meantime.
    Think that's the final nail on the coffin for me. That coffin started to be more iron than wood with all the nails in it...

10+ Year Old Account
    /puts on conspiracy hat

Some of my guildies were talking about this last night. One theory is that EA may have had the FTP option in their back pocket even before launch. One example of this is the outrageous credit costs of the legacy perks of 1.2 that would be very easy to purchase with real money as a lot of those boots have a very FTP feel to them. A former Bioware employee posted/predicted something to this effect some time ago on Reddit so take what you will from it.

If there is one thing I wish they would put in the cash/cartel shop is some form of ship customization. Pets I could care less about, mounts are ok. As long as the raids are good I will keep subbing.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Helistin View Post
    If anyone should be angry it's the people that have kept their subscriptions during the whole time and in the process have paid the free2play transition while Bioware has stalled the new content and features for the free2play time.
    dude im also one of those people that are paying for it as well but it still dont bother me as much as others. it sucks yes...... is anything gonna change.......no... am i gonna waste my time venting to people knowing that nothing will change... again no..... will my complaining change a thing.... nmo....

why BOTHER getting upset if nothing you will do wont change a thing. do you really think BW/EA really CARE about all the bitching and moaning we do HELL NO so again why bother

---------- Post added 2012-09-25 at 12:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I think the reason people are getting bent out of shape about this is because it shows the extent of EA/Bioware and what they are willing to do in order to squeeze out more money from potential subscribers. If they're going to 'screw' people over with these coins, whats to say they will go further next time- especially with content limitations on F2P.
    there is ALREADY content limitations for F2P so there is no change from their statements. now if they try to squeeze more outta the PAYING playerbase then yes there will be need to rage.

the need to pay for coins for F2Pers is a neccessary evil in ALL F2P mmos nothing new here.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    *snip*
    So basically as long as it doesn't affect you there is no reason to complain but if it does then it's time to get pissed?

And I don't think anyone is arguing against the coins existence nor necessity, however without any quantifiable value the future F2P players can't gage if the offer they have regarding them is worth while, and with conflicting language on the conditions to even get them it becomes even more fucked up.

Noticed when logging in to play some Planetside 2 that they have a pre launch offer now that includes coins, they even list a $€£ value of the coins in their offer, makes you wonder why BW/EA can't at least give some relative value to their customers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know there is content limitations on F2P, I was merely suggesting that the limitations could be, to some extent, extreme.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I know there is content limitations on F2P, I was merely suggesting that the limitations could be, to some extent, extreme.
    Seen worse, check DCUO, limit of 1000$ (or 2000$ for premium) in-game, compared to SWTOR its about 50k credits i would say.
    What if you get over that limit? Well you have to pay real money to access that overflow.

Ah btw See you ingame Forsedar

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    Seen worse, check DCUO, limit of 1000$ (or 2000$ for premium) in-game, compared to SWTOR its about 50k credits i would say.
    What if you get over that limit? Well you have to pay real money to access that overflow.

Ah btw See you ingame Forsedar
    The money limit is super easy to bypass though. You can purchase the healing potion things and store them to sell later when you need funds. I don't even think there's much you can buy that costs more than tha.

Not to mention the premium account upgrade costs a whopping 5 bucks (just spending 5 in the cash shop on anything and it unlocks your account), well worth it considering you get a number of perks for spending it. DCUO actually has one of the better monetization schemes for a freemium game that I've seen. It doesn't restrict very much content, and what content it does restrict is very cheap all things considered (the DLC packs are a steal).

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    This is a completely wrong sweeping judgment. I am the most vocal person here about this issue and as of right now I still pay for and play the game. It's the exact reason why I'm so angry about the potential to screw over people. I don't just say, 'well I'm going to pay for it anyways so who cares what happens'.
    Just to make it clear, my post was only regarding the quote in my post and quotes "like that" where you can see that this person is not playing but... "oh well if they had given me that glowing stick I surely would have resubbed".... sure. Please don't forget that... either you have or have not Cartel Coins... if you enjoy the game now you will enjoy it afterwards with completely ignoring the Cartel Market. I could care less about it. As far as I understand their wording is that... you will get coins for each month prior to..... and this is pretty much the only thing currently non-subbed player will get. All the rest is going for people which resub or are still subbed which is a totally normal marketing strategy. Yeah please resub, you will get some cookiees. The ingame rewards could very well be some differently colored pets or something they didn't mention as of now. As long as they don't release everything, you are just wasting your time and your nerfs.

Their language differs as you can see thought out this thread, there are multiple texts to support either version, on top of that the offer conditions have been changed without notification, at least not that I could find which is odd as well.
    You didn't sub for the personal newsletter from Bioware in which they are informing you "personally" about every little wording change they are doing on their website?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    You didn't sub for the personal newsletter from Bioware in which they are informing you "personally" about every little wording change they are doing on their website?
    One could expect a dev post on their site at the very least when they change conditions of an offer no?

One could expect a dev post on their site at the very least when they change conditions of an offer no?
    Probably they understand their own wording different than you do which is why they don't see a necessity to update anyone about this change?

L: That wasnt part of the deal!
    DV: I have changed to terms of the deal. Pray I dont change them again.
    L: This deal is getting worse all the time.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

If they changed them, sure. I still haven't seen any evidence that they have.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    If they changed them, sure. I still haven't seen any evidence that they have.
    Well, we have this which makes no mention of the need to be resubbed at the time of transition to receive any rewards, just that you will receive them. I'm seeing if I can hunt down the prior restrictions which we already know where changed, but I don't have the time to do much beyond a simple google search right now.

I'd like to think I stay pretty informed on things like this, paying a lot of attention to MMO's, specifically when they make big changes like this, so the current restrictions being new to me is why I'm skeptical of them being in originally.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    so the current restrictions being new to me is why I'm skeptical of them being in originally.
    They were originally there, i remember reading everything back in early August.

Wording was changed for the main chart since they added Deluxe information, you can spot the little stars in that old screenshot, those were changed into small numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Well, we have this which makes no mention of the need to be resubbed at the time of transition to receive any rewards, just that you will receive them. I'm seeing if I can hunt down the prior restrictions which we already know where changed, but I don't have the time to do much beyond a simple google search right now.

I'd like to think I stay pretty informed on things like this, paying a lot of attention to MMO's, specifically when they make big changes like this, so the current restrictions being new to me is why I'm skeptical of them being in originally.

I get your point but there is this whole paragraph:
    Originally Posted by SWTOR
    Starting today, you’ll be earning rewards as part of our new rewards program, making your current subscription more valuable than ever. Current and lapsed subscribers will earn 150 Cartel Coins for every paid month prior to today (July 31, 2012) and then 200 Cartel points from August 1st until the Free-to-Play option launches. For those who purchased the Collector’s Edition, we have an additional bonus reward of 1000 Cartel Coins for you. With Cartel Coins you can purchase convenience items, boosts, visually unique gear, collectibles, and more. The new Cartel Market gives you the option to add to your game play experience with items that fit your play style and allow you to customize your character.

Sorta ambiguous but I think the part about "making your subscription more valuable than ever" was there to indicate you need to be subed to get the rewards.

And there is this as well (finally found the original post) which has this in it:
    Originally Posted by SWTOR
    Current and former players will also find additional benefits as part of this program. BioWare will be increasing the frequency of game content updates, with the first of many new releases coming in August. In addition, current subscribers will receive Cartel Coin grants and qualify for access to special in-game items. Even former players who re-activate now will qualify for special benefits.

(Bold is mine)

I mean they certainly weren't as clear about it as they should have been, but it also is not really a case of them randomly changing the deal on people either.