Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Because every expansion people want a reason to dislike the game, with MoP it's Pandaren.

It's impossible for everyone to agree or disagree on the same thing so just ignore it and let it go. It's in our nature to have conflicting views.

Deleted
    Why Pandaren are childish, and not Tauren, and Worgen?

When I think about Tauren, I don't think about cows standing in a field eating grass, I think about those brutal minotaur in greek mythology which are half men, half bull.

Worgen? I think about a werewolf. Half man, half beast, who can't control his anger or emotions.

And then, Pandaren? I don't see them being childish, just less cool than Tauren and Worgen. I don't think about anything when I think about Pandaren, just simple pandas doing nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    ''Hurr durr y u hate panduz?'' It's not a space goat, it's a Draenei, get it right. Tauren are minotaurs, and that makes them totally awesome. Ginyu are samurai, nuff said. Plus, they don't have an entire continent dedicated to them. They don't have so much lore written for them like the Pandaren. By your retarded logic, you are not allowed to dislike ANYTHING? Some people don't like the Pandaren, you can't live with that? It's my right to hate the Pandaren. You don't agree with me? Screw you then Oh gasp, I can't hate them because you said so? Oh my, I'm so sad...

What are you going to do? Capslock me to death, saying I'm not allowed to hate the Pandaren? Who are you to tell me such a thing. You are not my boss to tell me what to do.
    I didn't say that you're not allowed to dislike em at all, I simply asked why you'd cross the line at pandarens.
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    i still dont understand how kung fu panda is an insult the movie is really good hell if i see a kung fu panda ref in mist of pandaria ill laugh my ass off.
    It's more about people using that movie to call other people childish I'm assuming.

Agreeing with you, I don't see how people that like mop / kung fu panda / even the actual pandas can be considered childish to certain people. By that logic, 'adult' people can't like cute things?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Because every expansion people want a reason to dislike the game, with MoP it's Pandaren.

It's impossible for everyone to agree or disagree on the same thing so just ignore it and let it go. It's in our nature to have conflicting views.
    Wisely said my friend

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolterribads View Post
    Cool story bro. Let's look at the facts:

2002: Warcraft 3 is released
    2003: Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne is released
    (Chen Stormstout was in WC3: TFT)
    2008: Kung Fu Panda is out in Cinemas
    2012: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria is released
    (The Pandaren race and monk class is unlocked with the expansion)

So really, Pandas in Warcraft first showed up in 2003. Kung Fu Panda, the movie you seem to assume created the idea of an anthropomorphic Panda, was almost 5 years after Chen Stormstout's little adventure in Durotar.

Nice try though buddy. You almost had the OP believing you, I am sure of it (roll's eyes)
    Kung Fu Panda was inspired by the silly childish jovial joke of a race that was added to War 3 as an April Fools joke. I just hit you with a 2 ton pile of bricks. So everything you said doesnt hold water at all. Yeah, that just happened.

Edit: In fact the writer avidly played War 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of people went to see a childrens movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leapers View Post
    I have a membership with a gym that I pay $30 a month... and I don't ever see people go up to the trainers or workers saying, "Hey! I pay you every month to use your services! I should be as fit and buff as the guy over there who works out for hours every week!"

Deleted
    i wouldnt say its nessecarily childish, but it is a lot happier than the other races imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Kung Fu Panda was inspired by the silly childish jovial joke of a race that was added to War 3 as an April Fools joke. I just hit you with a 2 ton pile of bricks. So everything you said doesnt hold water at all. Yeah, that just happened.
    First it was a joke yes, but people liked it so much that they decided to put it into the game (Wc3:tft) and that's where it most likely evolved into mists of pandaria. And for the record kung fu panda is pretty bad ass, an ass kicking panda is way cooler than a little pink haired gnome

Man, hasn't this horse been beaten beyond death already? Seriously.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    I don't want to cuddle with a cow, but with panda, hell yeah
    Id love to give a cow a hug...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloodanis View Post
    Damn casuals and their vending machines. Back in my day, We had to go all the way from Orgrimmar to Desolace to pick up chips from the store. we had to do an extensive attunement quest to get into the store and we had to assemble 39 other people to fight the many other trash mobs, i mean trash food, to get to the chip isle. Oh and most of us couldn't even afford our epic car mount to drive there, we had to settle for our 60% bike mounts.

People dont associate cows as being childish, they associate them with being an animal that produces milk, beef and other food stuffs. People associate pandas as cudley, cute, playful, childlike, etc etc etc. You get the idea. Also what Killmaim Deathbringer said.

---------- Post added 2012-09-26 at 11:19 PM ----------

Your point was crushed by my point above.
    Woa wait a minute there, who says Pandas don't supply those things? Pandas have nipples, you can milk them. Plus they would be a great source of meat to feed people :P

My wife wanted a collectors edition box, so we went to our local Best Buy around 11:30pm to see if there was any midnight release type stuff happening. There was maybe 10 people waiting around outside the store. People were chatting up MoP, and one of them chimed in with "I'm not playing Panda land, my account ends in a week and I'm not renewing, that **** is childish and stupid." I would say he was mid to late 30's.

Puzzled, I wondered why he was waiting in line for a game he wasn't going to play. Then I noticed he was wearing an Avengers T-shirt, and had a few action figures with him that he and another guy were playing with. Apparently that movie came out at midnight as well, interesting that Pandas are childish, but playing with action figures is not.

Best part was, Best Buy wouldn't sell them the movie at midnight, he had to come back when the store opened.

People who say pandas made the game childish want to pretend to be a pink-haired gnome casting fireballs at sheep in an adult way, thankyou very much.

Also, Samwise has been tinkering with panda-monks since well before That Panda Movie, to the extent that it wouldn't surprise me if they got their inspiration from Blizzard.

Deleted
    People generally associate pandas as cudley, cute, etc etc. YOU may associate them with as ferocious, but the majority of people (worldwide) do not.
    Ok, so this time the argument is 'lots of people have a misguided idea of real pandas despite factual evidence, we should all go and make fun of fantasy pandas because of this'. That doesn't really seem like an argument any rational person would go for, but I suppose it's your choice.

Edit: In fact the writer avidly played War 3.
    Okay, my IQ just dropped a few points. Someone made a movie that might have been based on a single appearance of a single Pandaren character, which according to your logic automatically means that the movie is canon (or even relevant in any way)? Looks like your argument doesn't hold any water at all. Yeah, THAT just happened.
    Last edited by mmoca572945696; 2012-09-26 at 11:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can say it's childish enough, but I finally get to brew in-game with fucking CHEN STORMSTOUT!

As a homebrewer and avid beer lover, this expansion rules on beer alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why waste your time on Haters?

Blizzard could put out an expansion exactly like their beloved BC, and they would blindly hate it.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

people who go "LOLOL PANDAZ" forget one important detail.

Pandas are bears. And nobody laughs at bears. Not for long, at least.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Because people won't look past a gut assumption based on popular culture to take in the actual content.

I've played up through Towlong Steppes now, and I've been moved several times by the noticeably mature storylines. If people either don't want to see that, or don't want to put in the effort to follow that sort of plot (I've literally had someone tell me that they don't like Mists because it's plot is "like a book"), there's nothing I can do about that.

It's a pity that some people are so close-minded that they've sacrificed their enjoyment of the experience, but I'm certainly not going to let them color my own opinion or sour my own experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Why waste your time on Haters?

Blizzard could put out an expansion exactly like their beloved BC, and they would blindly hate it.
    Indeed, I'd like to see how people would react to Blood Elves if they were released today =P But you're right, why ARE we wasting time on haters? We could be enjoying this expansion, ánd Pandaren! Bye guys, enjoy your discussion =)