Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    I'll equally attest to that streamers opinion so definitely more than one single streamer so far. Could be more but never less, how many exactly we'll never know but it doesn't really matter. The point is that the statement of "servers can't run for 2 hours straight" is not just hyperbolic but plain wrong. That is not denying that there are server or client crashes while playing, just that there aren't occurring in such linear fashion that you can point a a specific hour length for them to occur.

- - - Updated - - -

They look nice but I think you're mistaking concept art with actual game screenshots.
    We will see soon enough not long till release for odyssey.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    A full game means very little if your bored of it and never really play it again after 100 hours or so of gameplay, when a game lacks any depth or actual interesting things to actually do or keep you actually interested then it has actually failed at being a game. No matter what they add now they are just adding to limited boring gameplay systems.
    I'm sorry that you don't like the game, Kenn. I hope you understand that other people do, and that you're not more right than they are.

A full game means very little if your bored of it and never really play it again after 100 hours or so of gameplay, when a game lacks any depth or actual interesting things to actually do or keep you actually interested then it has actually failed at being a game. No matter what they add now they are just adding to limited boring gameplay systems.
    I mean should probably wait till odysses releases before saying that since they are indeed adding alot of brand new features to the game that will change the gameplay quite abit with ground combat and planet exploration by foot alone.

And it's not like the market is flooded with space sims you can enjoy more then one.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    I mean should probably wait till odysses releases before saying that since they are indeed adding alot of brand new features to the game that will change the gameplay quite abit with ground combat and planet exploration by foot alone.

And it's not like the market is flooded with space sims you can enjoy more then one.
    Still wont change its flight model, and who are you going to see on the planets since most dont play it in online mode, the planets are not detailed enough to even make the exploration that good so the new locations would just be for missions mostly, it just offers less than what star citizen offers.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Still wont change its flight model, and who are you going to see on the planets since most dont play it in online mode, the planets are not detailed enough to even make the exploration that good so the new locations would just be for missions mostly, it just offers less than what star citizen offers.
    "who are you going to see on planets" you'll see people playing online who are on those planets. Weren't you just bragging about SC having multiple mods, including offline modes? ED does too, yet I guess that's a bad thing when ED does it?

"planets are not detailed enough to make the exploration that good" Purely subjective once more, and they're plenty detailed for people already playing and enjoying it.

We will see soon enough not long till release for odyssey.
    I don't think we need to wait for odyssey to see that those last 2 pictures are concept art and not ingame screenshots.

I don't think we need to wait for odyssey to see that those last 2 pictures are concept art and not ingame screenshots.
    Are you getting hung up on that now? feel free to google screens then still better then a low ress pic from 2015 lol.

And they have not realeased much in footage and screens yet but more will come as we get closer to launch.

Still gonna be freaking amazing my man and even better soon we can all experience the real deal ourself.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-01-29 at 04:34 PM.

I mean, it's concept art and all, but the original comparison was a seemingly intentionally potato-quality ED picture not representative of the actual game, and a 1 year old tech-demo screenshot of planetary tech 4 that's also not representative of SC.

It was a nonsense comparison to begin with.

Alrighty then i can already see that you wont like elite no matter what they do.

Your also judging a expansion before it's even released.

Still very hyped about odyssey it will bring some fresh stuff into the game.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-01-29 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "who are you going to see on planets" you'll see people playing online who are on those planets. Weren't you just bragging about SC having multiple mods, including offline modes? ED does too, yet I guess that's a bad thing when ED does it?

"planets are not detailed enough to make the exploration that good" Purely subjective once more, and they're plenty detailed for people already playing and enjoying it.
    SC is all online, elite dangerous is a single player game with optional multiplayer which the player hosts.

ED will never be on the quality level of what SC planets are, the planets in ED are just acceptable for a space game, SC planets are god tier in quality in comparrison and there is still far more being done on SC and they should be because they are focussing on making everything as detailed as possible.

Alrighty then i can already see that you wont like elite no matter what they do.

Still very hyped about odyssey it will bring some fresh stuff into the game.
    I played around 100 hours of ED and it gives you no reason to keep playing even after a short amount of time playing, 100 hours of gameplay in SC you might not even leave the starting system and it wont be easy traveling around the verse.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-01-29 at 04:43 PM.

ED will never be on the quality level of what SC planets are, the planets in ED are just acceptable for a space game, SC planets are god tier in quality in comparrison and there is still far more being done on SC and they should be because they are focussing on making everything as detailed as possible.
    I'll give you this much, SC does make for great looking screenshots. Now if only they could add some meaningful content and gameplay to go alongside those very pretty screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    I'll give you this much, SC does make for great looking screenshots. Now if only they could add some meaningful content and gameplay to go alongside those very pretty screenshots.
    It has more than enough meaningful content to play right now, you do know they keep adding more and more content to do in the PU dont you, its also a game about creating your own content.

Here is some actual screens and not a 800x400 picture from 2015 that you posted lol, some new ice planets and others from odyssey that will release soon. Rather also have a well optimized game too then one going overboard needing high end systems to run it smooth.
    Thanks alot, the screenshot i linked is what you find when you Google, Elite dangerous Planet landing, and the "800x400 picture from 2015" is what i´ve seen from players on YouTube.

I dont want to discredit the pictures, however are those Actual Ingame shots? The Latter two dont really look like those are Ingame Shots.
    Dont answer that:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nlemilLjQY
    Here´s the official Trailer with Ingame Footage, doesnt look nowhere near like the latter two shots. StarCitizens planets still look better.

But in the end, you can compare ED to SC as much as you want, afaik are they very different games. The point i made, which you so graciously Ignore is, that SC is trying to push the stuff thats "Possible", and thats a good thing overall, and is inventing a shit ton of Tech to make stuff like that a reality.

I seriously doubt you watch the Videos where the SC devs showcase the tools they are making. Sometimes I hope that if SC fails, all the stuff they invent they just quietly dispose so none of these people who Insult anyone who bought into this Project will be able to profit of that.

And they have not realeased much in footage and screens yet but more will come as we get closer to launch.
    See the Trailer with Ingame Footage from last Month, better than 6 years ago, but nowhere near the Concept Screenshots.

Still gonna be freaking amazing my man and even better soon we can all experience the real deal ourself.
    Dont doubt that, I wish you much fun in that, and I hope your expecatations will be met. (Its not meant to be Saracastic, or otherwise Offensive, I really hope you have your fun with it)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Out of Curiosity, what is "Meaningful Content and Gameplay" for you, that SC is Lacking right now? (Not saying SC right now offers much to do, but there are tons of reasons for that)

But yea, if you look past the technical Issues and Visions of "What could be", the overall Look and Feel is in my Opinion also the Strongest point of SC.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Dont doubt that, I wish you much fun in that, and I hope your expecatations will be met. (Its not meant to be Saracastic, or otherwise Offensive, I really hope you have your fun with it)
    Well i enjoy both games but currently im way more hyped about the odyssey expansion as that's something completely new for elite as we have only been able to fly the ship and travel with the SVR sofar so pretty big change for the game and it's going to be interesting to see how it works out.

Thanks though and yeah i hope i will too

I played around 100 hours of ED and it gives you no reason to keep playing even after a short amount of time playing,
    No, it gave you no reason but to say it gives everyone no reason is just silly.
    I have like 800 hours in Elite over 6 years and I haven't played for months at a time. There are lots of people with thousands of hours in the game. So for some people it does provide reasons to keep playing. Just a cursory search on the subreddit backs this up https://old.reddit.com/r/EliteDanger...restrict_sr=on or take a look at the rankings page to see people's achievements and earnings in game https://inara.cz/galaxy-rankings/
    By comparison I probably have around 12 hours in Star Citizen over 6 years because it is just so unenjoyable to play in my experience.

100 hours of gameplay in SC you might not even leave the starting system and it wont be easy traveling around the verse.
    Right now there is nothing to back this up beyond empty words from CIG.
    Last edited by 1001; 2021-01-29 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, it's concept art and all, but the original comparison was a seemingly intentionally potato-quality ED picture not representative of the actual game, and a 1 year old tech-demo screenshot of planetary tech 4 that's also not representative of SC.

It was a nonsense comparison to begin with.
    I don't think the quality of the screenshot as anything to do with the potato-quality of ED planets, they really look like that when you get up close to them.

The "1 year old tech-demo screenshot of a planetary tech 4 is indeed representative of SC at the time, but since they keep improving the planets it's already outdated. Still you can just post videos and confirm that indeed the planets are indeed as detailed as that screenshot, and even more detailed now.

I don't think the quality of the screenshot as anything to do with the potato-quality of ED planets, they really look like that when you get up close to them.
    Some do look very bland, then you have others that are much more interesting. I don't think Elite has ever been about graphics first though whereas Star Citizen has always blown it's trumpet over "fidelity" before everything else.

Definitely being able to push graphical fidelity and technology and not being hindered by outdated console hardware is one of the perks of being a PC exclusive and one of the many selling points that kickstarted Star Citizen. Same as one of the main selling points of Elite is a accurate representation of the whole galaxy as a whole through procedural generation and scientific data, to enable that huge scale something got to give and that's the detail and fidelity of the worlds.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-01-29 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Right now there is nothing to back this up beyond empty words from CIG.
    If there is nothing to back it up then why are people sinking hundreds if not thousands of hours into the game currently, not to mention a single player campaign that at the bare minimum should take between 50-100 hours.

So its you that cant back up your actual words because you just want to say something bad about SC.

If there is nothing to back it up then why are people sinking hundreds if not thousands of hours into the game currently, not to mention a single player campaign that at the bare minimum should take between 50-100 hours.
    Gee, I don't know Kenn. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that there is only a single system in game that people can play in...?

So its you that cant back up your actual words because you just want to say something bad about SC.
    Sigh. Yes that must be it, I just want to say bad things It is you who is making the claim that the starter system will provide 100 hours or more of gameplay, not me.