Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Yeah, it does actually.

Does SC? No, no, I didn't ask "will it one day?", I asked does it, now?
    No it doesnt and thats just a simple fact, the planets are essentially pointless apart from that one location on some planets, SC offers all the gameplay ED currently offers and more, ED is just a bland forgetful experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    ... Excuse me? I think Duke Nukem Forever is the one and only singleplayer game that has taken longer than SQ42 to come out.
    RDR2 and cyberpunk are 9 year projects, dont forget RDR2 had another year of development to get it working on PC, and thats just 1 single game, SC are making both a single player and MMO at the same time.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    No it doesnt and thats just a simple fact, the planets are essentially pointless apart from that one location on some planets, SC offers all the gameplay ED currently offers and more, ED is just a bland forgetful experience.
    There you go using that word 'fact' again and then just give an opinion in place of a 'fact'.

- - - Updated - - -

And since when is 8 years too long to make a single player campaign, other companies with 2-3 times more staff are unable to do it in that time or less so why expect a smaller company to somehow be able to make a much more complex game in less time.
    Just because a few games have taken that long does not make it suddenly okay for a crowd funded project to take 8+ years. And you think the game is coming out tomorrow or something? We're going to be looking at year 9 soon, year 10 after that and the game is no where in sight. For something that was greyboxed years ago to still not being out is funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    And Kenn, of course, deemed it not important enough to answer Edge's post.
    If he isn't flinging "facts" (read as: opinions) and whataboutisms he is ignoring or deflecting from other topics.

- - - Updated - - -

star citizen may of not been the game players thought they actually wanted but its the game we actually need
    Stop using the word we for your crazy fantasies about what people want.

You should make a 2 hour video of you playing all the content in both games so people can compare the two.

RDR2 and cyberpunk are 9 year projects, dont forget RDR2 had another year of development to get it working on PC, and thats just 1 single game, SC are making both a single player and MMO at the same time.
    Most of CDPR team was assigned to the Witcher 3 in 2013, after its release in 2015 the team started working on its expansions, after blood and wine release, by the end of 2016 cyberpunk full production started with a team of around 250 people that grew too little over 500.

… and Red Dead Redemption 2 came with Red Dead Redemption Online.

Meanwhile, if someone point’s out that Star Citizen pre-production started in 2010, you throw the old generic tale of how “CiG had to built from the ground up”, and if someone asks why didn’t CiG released Squadron 42 and used it’s profits to fund the MMO version of it, you’ll inform them that “most of the projects will need to be completed for the single player campaign to work as it uses all the same assets”….

Yet there you stand, telling people to stop posting “bullshit”, when that’s all you have been doing in this thread, you can’t go 2 pages without contradicting yourself, you refuse to hold CiG to the same standards you hold other video gaming companies, and when confronted with any of it you bury your head in the sand and shift into an entirely new pile of crap… I never witness such a severe case of denial, it’s truly fascinating, words cannot even start to express the gratitude I have for providing me with such great entertainment.

… even if Star Citizen never comes to fruition, the ride was truly worth the money that I didn’t invest, all thanks to people like you, thank you, truly.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    This is what confuses me the most. Nothing is designed around its requirements, it is like everything is pumped out so they have shiny assets to sell and the pretense of a game.
    Or perhaps it is because everything gets changed so much they have to scrap previous work, ie Chris saying recently he wanted every single material in the game to have its own values which means having to redo practically everything.

To me it just shows what a bad steward he is of the money he's entrusted with.
    Not only that, it shows he doesn't respect the backers or their money. If he had any respect, he'd show an ounce of responsibility, but instead he keeps burning through money with ever-changing objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Tertullian72 View Post
    I was never too enthusiastic about this one, because I always thought Wing Commander was weak. Privateer was a little more interesting, but the core gameplay of the series was simplistic and repetitive. Now if the guy who created TIE Fighter was crowdsourcing this, I'd pay attention.

Most of the people reading this weren't even born when those games came out. I find that amusing.
    TIE Fighter is still the best damn space game ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    And Kenn, of course, deemed it not important enough to answer Edge's post.
    Kenn doesn't answer questions that he can't spin.

Other companies are already funded to make thier game, SC was not so its pretty obvious just basic game packages would not be enough to make this game. Fact is there is a product players can enjoy and most of the ships you can buy are available.
    What the fuck are you talking about? SC met every single one of their crowd funding goals LONG ago.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

Stop spewing bullshit.

I always love these takes. The $600 million game with 600 staff working on it should damn well be better than a $60 million game with 100 staff working on it or there has got to be some real problems going on...

Oh wait, it's really not better and yep, there are some real problems going on.

Subjectively you might not like it but on an objective level it is a better game Kenn, it is less buggy, there are more things to do, there are more places to go etc.
    Last edited by 1001; 2021-05-09 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    What the fuck are you talking about? SC met every single one of their crowd funding goals LONG ago.

Stop spewing bullshit.
    Come on they've only been fully funded for 6+ years or so.

It appears you're not familiar with the word "fact", considering your whole retort is based on opinions.

I guess it's hard to be objective when you're that invested.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2021-05-09 at 04:11 PM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Stop spewing bullshit.
    Y1our the one spewing BS, stretch goals were not a target of what money they needed to make the game, they were just to see the communities interest in expanding the game, a AAA MMO cant be made for less than a few hundred million.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    It appears you're not familiar with the word "fact", considering your whole retort is based on opinions.

I guess it's hard to be objective when you're that invested.
    ED has barely any gameplay loops and they are basic with nothing intesting about them, you can explore in SC currently, you can trade, fight, buy ships and upgrade them, bounty hunt, fight alien ships, FPS gameplay, explore cities, outposts, cave systems, unlawful and lawful missions, gain reputation, hunt players, get arrested and have to break out of jail or serve your time, create your own content like races, and much more, so it is an actual fact you can do everything in SC that ED offers and a hell of alot more.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    You should make a 2 hour video of you playing all the content in both games so people can compare the two.
    I have over 100 hours of ED gameplay i know how bland and lacking the gameplay is in that game, and i know everything you can do in it and its not much.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-05-09 at 04:37 PM.

I have over 100 hours of ED gameplay i know how bland and lacking the gameplay is in that game, and i know everything you can do in it and its not much.
    It's most curious to me that you will defend SC not having any gameplay (yet!) and with the same breath, lambast ED for not having enough content (already!).

Like I know 100 people disagreeing with you doesn't make you wrong, but you would be a god damn idiot not to consider their stance.

ED has barely any gameplay loops and they are basic with nothing intesting about them, you can explore in SC currently, you can trade, fight, buy ships and upgrade them, bounty hunt, fight alien ships, FPS gameplay, explore cities, outposts, cave systems, unlawful and lawful missions, gain reputation, hunt players, get arrested and have to break out of jail or serve your time, create your own content like races, and much more, so it is an actual fact you can do everything in SC that ED offers and a hell of alot more.
    LOL. Dream on.

For you.

You present your opinion as though it fits everybody. If you say the gameplay is boring then everyone will find it boring which is absolutely absurd

I have over 800 hours in Elite, some stuff is not my cup of tea but other stuff continues to keep me engaged. You've been shown many times before examples of people with over 3000-4000 hours which is clearly evidence that not everybody finds the game boring like you want to claim.

But then facts don't seem to matter with you, it's all about the feels.

Here's a thread you might like Kenn https://reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comme...ike_a/gxeiwsc/

Yeah but you haven't shown any comparisons so how can you expect anyone to believe you when you got dozens of people talking about how shit star citizen is and only you being supportive of it not being a scam? If you could show an actual video of you comparing both games instead of just saying "trust me guys not those 30 other people showing videos of ships randomly exploding, npc's t posing, and other stuff." And show this actual content you are talking about then maybe you would get people to side with you.

Y1our the one spewing BS, stretch goals were not a target of what money they needed to make the game, they were just to see the communities interest in expanding the game, a AAA MMO cant be made for less than a few hundred million.
    According to their own website, they have all the money they need to make the game they said they would make. So...who am I supposed to believe? The official website or some random shill poster on a website that isn't even related to the game?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    If you've managed to amass over 100 hours of gameplay into a game that you say is lacking in gameplay, and doesn't have much to do, I'd question just WTF you were doing to get so much time into the game. It clearly held your attention for a long ass time.
    Pulling numbers out of his ass most likely.

Yeah but you haven't shown any comparisons so how can you expect anyone to believe you when you got dozens of people talking about how shit star citizen is and only you being supportive of it not being a scam? If you could show an actual video of you comparing both games instead of just saying "trust me guys not those 30 other people showing videos of ships randomly exploding, npc's t posing, and other stuff." And show this actual content you are talking about then maybe you would get people to side with you.
    I dont create videos, are you too lazy to watch twitch from either of the games or even play both the games yourself, Star Citizen just offers more and more indepth gameplay.

According to their own website, they have all the money they need to make the game they said they would make. So...who am I supposed to believe? The official website or some random shill poster on a website that isn't even related to the game?
    According to what website, the kickstarter game was not being developed anymore so having the money to create that basic version of the game is not the same as having the money for the MMO version of the game, so no they didnt state they had all the money they would need.

If you've managed to amass over 100 hours of gameplay into a game that you say is lacking in gameplay, and doesn't have much to do, I'd question just WTF you were doing to get so much time into the game. It clearly held your attention for a long ass time.
    100 hours is barely nothing, its a few weeks gameplay time so no its not a long ass time.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-05-09 at 06:04 PM.

I dont create videos, are you too lazy to watch twitch from either of the games or even play both the games yourself, Star Citizen just offers more and more indepth gameplay.
    I have watched both which is why I'm trying to find this illusive content you are talking about when one is an actual game and the other is just a buggy demo. I was hoping you would show me the "real' version of Star Citizen you keep talking about that I can't find on the internet.

100 hours certainly is a long time to play any game you believe has both nothing to do, and features "lacking" gameplay. That's still "a few weeks gameplay time" in something. That's weeks. You spent weeks with the game. So, again, WTF were you doing in the game to rack up over 100 hours, over several weeks, in the game that apparently has nothing to it?
    100 hours is nothing it terms of gaming time, many games can keep you at least 100 hours and then you completely lose interest, the gameplay options ED has are just average and gets boring way too fast, the game lacks what a space game actually needs to actually be interesting, NMS is a better space experience than ED.

I have watched both which is why I'm trying to find this illusive content you are talking about when one is an actual game and the other is just a buggy demo. I was hoping you would show me the "real' version of Star Citizen you keep talking about that I can't find on the internet.
    Why dont you provide an example of what SC doesnt offer but ED does.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-05-09 at 07:26 PM.

Why dont you provide an example of what SC doesnt offer but ED does.
    Well that's easy isn't it.

More than 1 star system. Aliens to fight in game. Ships to own permanently without spending money. Manouverable supercruise. Orbiting planets and moons. Nebulas. Scientifically correct star placement. 1:1 scale. Fully upgradable weapons, armor, shields, modules. Influencable background simulation. In game lore / story blah blah blah