Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Well that's easy isn't it.

More than 1 star system. Aliens to fight in game. Ships to own permanently without spending money. Manouverable supercruise. Orbiting planets and moons. Nebulas. Scientifically correct star placement. 1:1 scale. Fully upgradable weapons, armor, shields, modules. Influencable background simulation. In game lore / story blah blah blah
    I would really like to see Kenn respond to this. As usual, he glossed over it, as it's too hard for him to spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    I would really like to see Kenn respond to this. As usual, he glossed over it, as it's too hard for him to spin.
    All you'd see is "Those things don't count" or "Who cares about science" (when SC is meant to be about accuracy and fidelity) or "Shooting aliens is just shooting ships" (ignoring that taking down Thargoids is completely different, it would be like comparing raid bosses to trash mobs).

He's done it all before.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Oof... have you... you know... tried watching the ships ingame instead of the website? :P

Just wait till this guy finds out you can actually fly the ships ingame and do ingame content with em.
    Oh, maybe you can help me out then. I've been looking for some footage of a fully crewed Kraken in game. Sadly I can't seem to find any.

Or an A2 Hercules, Apollo Triage, Ares Inferno, Ares Ion, C2 Hercules, Corsair, Crucible, Endeavor, Genesis Starliner, Idris-P, Javelin, Merchantman, Nautilus, Orion, Persius, Pioneer, Polaris, Redeemer, SRV, San'tok.yāi, Vulcan, or Vulture.

10+ Year Old Account
    jeez now i cant even login into the game. im like 40 in the queue to login server, it goes down and game closes FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

people dont realise 300 million isnt that much... especially in 8 years.

You know games that are released make 300 million much quicker. When skyrim came out it made 600 million in less than a year.

Witcher 3 generated 130 million in revenue 4 years AFTER its release (in 2019).

SC has basically made 44 million every year since its reveal, but thats not true... initially it didnt make anything like that, its been increasing overtime so thats just an average.

And thank god its still in development... noone wants a halfbaked mediocre game, it seems most games these days are mediocre anyway and the ones that promise to be impressive are destroyed by corporate greed: see Cyberpunk rushed release.

We havent had an impressive game in a very long time. General populace seems to be content with mediocrity.
    I'm not sure you got the point.

8+ years of development and over $300 million raised/ spent and the game is still in alpha, with literal core systems not yet in place. Systems that will make or break this game as a whole. Server meshing technology has the potential to cause HUGE issues when it finally does get introduced because it's such a core system and it's nowhere in sight.

Yet, they seem to have all the time and money in the world to hire artists/designers to create new flashy super expensive ships for their cash shop.

I'm aware that there are different teams and they work on different things, but the amount of fluff being introduced to this game vs how many core systems aren't in yet tells me they have their priorities ass backwards. That is, if their actual goal is to create and release a great game and not just milk the community for as much money as possible while stringing them along for as long as possible.

I've already stated that I do hope this game actually gets fully realized and released and meets all the expectations of the backers, and is everything you hope it will be. The track record of Chris Roberts and CIG up to this point though, do not make me optimistic though.

Oh man, we need to band all together one of these free flights and let Kenn give us the grand tour!

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    snip
    They never once stated they had all the money they needed to make the game they wanted not once, they only said they had the money to make the origional kickstarter game which was completely changed anyway, stretch goals are not a target for what they actually need to make the game and they never once stated that at all.

When the game evolved in being developed into a AAA MMO it was going to need hundreds of millions to be developed, no company in existance could make the game for any less.

The stretch goals only stopped because there would of been no limit to them, the game would of been ever expanding so they made a choice to not put in anymore and never once stated that they hit any sort of target that they could make the game regardless of getting any more funding.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    snip
    Its very clear your unable to support anything you say with anything of substance, you do realise you need to play a game in order to find out if it is actually interesting or not and 100 hours is barely nothing especially since in a space game most of that is wasted travelling, many games are at least fun for a while but since ED lacks any sort of depth it loses interest very quickly as is proven by the limited playerbase that it has left even after a new update.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    No, it isn't. At best, it is currently an MOG, a Multiplayer Online Game. A game that struggles to have 50 people on a server is not an MMO.
    Even in WoW you cant do anything with much more than 50 players in one area, the game is unable to handle it and the only places you actually have a chance to see more than 50 in one area is in the major cities and even then game performance is not great. So you could say WoW is not really an MMO because you can only deal with a small amount of players at a time and it offers no content that makes use of large groups.

The 50 player limit is only temporary, there will be some sort of limit on number of players since tech is not magic, but SC operates just like any MMO currently, you can group up with whoever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    That's a nice assumption. Fact is, SC offers very little complete content in its current iteration, even for people creating their own gameplay. Hell, it isn't even that common to meet a lot of players on a server.
    Why dont you make a list of the content you think SC has and then we can actually show you what it has. The content that SC does offer is much more indepth that any other similar games.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-05-10 at 04:12 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Even in WoW you cant do anything with much more than 50 players in one area, the game is unable to handle it and the only places you actually have a chance to see more than 50 in one area is in the major cities and even then game performance is not great. So you could say WoW is not really an MMO because you can only deal with a small amount of players at a time and it offers no content that makes use of large groups.
    Why are you such a liar man? Wintergrasp/AV runs at 60fps with 12ms latency with 80 people connected and visible on screen at once, zero combat lag input. SC cant even get 30 people in one area without shitting itself.

LoL what the fuck are you even talking about. Your bullshit is starting to get sad now.

Why dont you make a list of the content you think SC has and then we can actually show you what it has. The content that SC does offer is much more indepth that any other similar games.
    Kenn must have me on ignore or something. He requested that someone do this for ED, and they did, and he ignored it completely. Sir, what do you think about the list of things that ED provides that SC does not?

Even in WoW you cant do anything with much more than 50 players
    This is a terrible argument made in very bad faith. You're flat out lying. Literally just making things up. This is simple. In one game you can interact with thousands of other players at once. In the other, you can interact with at absolute maximum fifty. One of these is an MMO. The other is not.

WoW has been capable of handling multiple raid-groups in a single area (like, full 40 man groups) since classic. Sure it'd get laggy (especially with mid 2000's server tech), but you could get a three-way fight over the Blasted Lands raid boss pretty regularly, my guild used to do that shit on the regular. That's 120+ people in a small zone. Same goes for other world bosses like the dude in Hellfire Peninsula in BC where there would often be multiple raid groups fighting over it.

You want a more recent example? Black Desert - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MvopOBdZDI

Huge raid groups fighting bosses, massive 100+ player PvP battles without the server shitting all over itself.

This is straight up, 100% incorrect and you've been corrected on this multiple times throughout the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    WoW has been capable of handling multiple raid-groups in a single area (like, full 40 man groups) since classic. Sure it'd get laggy (especially with mid 2000's server tech), but you could get a three-way fight over the Blasted Lands raid boss pretty regularly, my guild used to do that shit on the regular. That's 120+ people in a small zone. Same goes for other world bosses like the dude in Hellfire Peninsula in BC where there would often be multiple raid groups fighting over it.

You want a more recent example? Black Desert - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MvopOBdZDI

Huge raid groups fighting bosses, massive 100+ player PvP battles without the server shitting all over itself.

This is straight up, 100% incorrect and you've been corrected on this multiple times throughout the thread.
    I have yet to be corrected, even recently in WoW during the pre event for shadowlands in ICC, the groups around bosses were not more than 50 but the server couldnt handle it, it was just a lagg infested shitshow of randomly spamming buttons until the rare was dead, so no WoW is unable to handle large groups actually doing anything more than standing still. In current WoW these days the players are spread out among hundreds of servers, there is virtually no cases of large groups in one area anymore in WoW.

I didnt say other games cant have many players in one area, its just that the performance is bad even for that BDO vid it cant even display the actual actions of other players because it cant handle it. Plus there is not many games that even offer content for large groups.

A WoW server is just handling 1 small zone and its players, a SC server is currently handling the whole star system and all its players, the difference in what a server is actually doing is miles in difference and is handling it to more than an adequate level.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-05-10 at 05:00 PM.

I have yet to be corrected, even recently in WoW during the pre event for shadowlands in ICC, the groups around bosses were not more than 50 but the server couldnt handle it, it was just a lagg infested shitshow of randomly spamming buttons until the rare was dead, so no WoW is unable to handle large groups actually doing anything more than standing still. In current WoW these days the players are spread out among hundreds of servers, there is virtually no cases of large groups in one area anymore in WoW.

I didnt say other games cant have many players in one area, its just that the performance is bad even for that BDO vid it cant even display the actual actions of other players because it cant handle it.

A WoW server is just handling 1 small zone and its players, a SC server is currently handling the whole star system and all its players, the difference in what a server is actually doing is miles in difference and is handling it to more than an adequate level.
    Rofl, even on private vanilla servers people can play 40vs40 AV or like 160 people world pvp without anything happens on the server.
    i would put video if it wasnt against rules.

Anyways, in 8 years Elon Musk made space trave easy but cig couldn't even make a single player game.
    They prolly need another 8 years and another 350m, so CR can buy himself another palace.

I didnt say other games cant have many players in one area, its just that the performance is bad even for that BDO vid it cant even display the actual actions of other players because it cant handle it.
    No, that's a player setting. You can reduce the number of characters rendered at a time to improve performance, and it prioritizes those near you. You can bump that back up if you want, but the point remains that you keep claiming MMO's don't host 50+ people in a single area at once and you keep being wrong about it. And wrong that it causes the server to shit itself in those instances, because it absolutely doesn't in every instance.

You can't compare SC to other video games!

Stop posting bullshit about Star Citizen!

*Proceeds to comparing SC to made up bullshit about other video games*

... and you silly haters complain that Star Citizen doesn't offer any entertaining content, ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No, that's a player setting. You can reduce the number of characters rendered at a time to improve performance, and it prioritizes those near you. You can bump that back up if you want, but the point remains that you keep claiming MMO's don't host 50+ people in a single area at once and you keep being wrong about it. And wrong that it causes the server to shit itself in those instances, because it absolutely doesn't in every instance.
    I didnt say anything about MMOs not hosting more than 50 in a single area at once, i said it doesnt happen that often and not by many MMOs mostly due to bad performance in most cases as WoW has already proven this to be true with its bad performace. Also in most cases that MMO area is split up into hundreds of servers so in the occasional instances there are a large group of players in one area the server is not really handling all that much apart from the players in the area and still there is performance issues, if you cant play the game smoothly with a large group of players in one area its not really doing it properly is it.

There is no player setting to reduce the amount of players you see in an area in WoW, just spell effects and such which even turned down to the max WoW still performance bad when players are actually doing something in a small area.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-05-10 at 05:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i said it doesnt happen that often.
    There are literally over 100 AV BGs running right now in WoW. . . . stop fucking lying.

Even the private server for WAR can handle over 100 people in the same RvR keep area before you even begin to notice input lag.

- - - Updated - - -

performance bad when players are actually doing something in a small area.
    Keep lying. Like I said, 40v40 in bgs and runs at 60fps with no input lag and 12 to 15ms. This isnt even debatable.

- - - Updated - - -

Also in most cases that MMO area is split up into hundreds of servers so in the occasional instances there are a large group of players in one area the server is not really handling all that much apart from the players in the area and still there is performance issues
    I know right, isnt it sad Blizzard figured out JesusTech in Nov 2004 and CRobberts still cant seem to do it with the "best" developers in the world and 5 of the CryEngine architects?!

LoL please keep typing.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2021-05-10 at 05:46 PM.

They never once stated they had all the money they needed to make the game they wanted not once, they only said they had the money to make the origional kickstarter game which was completely changed anyway, stretch goals are not a target for what they actually need to make the game and they never once stated that at all.

When the game evolved in being developed into a AAA MMO it was going to need hundreds of millions to be developed, no company in existance could make the game for any less.

The stretch goals only stopped because there would of been no limit to them, the game would of been ever expanding so they made a choice to not put in anymore and never once stated that they hit any sort of target that they could make the game regardless of getting any more funding.
    You keep spinning this situation, where they changed the game they said they were going to make as a GOOD thing. It's not.

They told us what game they were going to make. They then had a crowdfunding campaign to make THAT game and met every single funding goal, meaning they received all the money they said they needed to make THAT game.

That is the game the community fully funded.

What you're telling me now is THAT game they committed to giving us through their crowdfunding campaign doesn't exist anymore. And you're saying that is a good thing. That's mind blowing.

Oof... have you... you know... tried watching the ships ingame instead of the website? :P

Just wait till this guy finds out you can actually fly the ships ingame and do ingame content with em.
    Oh shit this game released? OOOOOOOH by "ingame" you mean being in alpha for the past 9 years and paying to test it...rofl. No, see when I say the word "game" I mean an actual fully functional game that doesn't constantly have release dates pushed back to milk useful idiots for as much money as possible.

You're like the pampered chef women who've sunk a ton of money into a scheme and you have to fight tooth and nail to convince yourself you haven't made a stupid decision.

This is disingenuous bullshit.

SC can't even handle having that many people on the same SERVER, let alone in the same location. And you're saying that because in WoW, not being able to see 50 people on screen at the same time means they're totally the same thing.....when the WoW server handles WAAAAY more than 50 people, not only in the same place, but across the entire server.

- - - Updated - - -

if you cant play the game smoothly with a large group of players in one area its not really doing it properly is it.
    Can SC do this? How many people can a SC server handle before it crashes?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Can SC do this? How many people can a SC server handle before it crashes?
    Servers are capped at 50 players each. Server stability and performance worsens as the server ages, with ships, vehicles, elevators, NPCs, menus, weapon reloading - everything glitching out. Most servers crash by the 2 or 3 hour mark (called a 30k crash). Very, very rarely do servers last longer than 4 hours.