Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    I backed because i wanted a CR game where he does his best to make that game happen and accepting any and all risks that goes along with it, so failure to compromise is not a failure in management for developing the game you actually want. There are far too many lackluster space games and no other company is bothering to make them or at least one that gives the whole experience in one game.

As long as it launches and there is a decent playerbase that plays it then its not a failure is it, doesnt matter is management is good or bad a good game is still a good game.
    We get it you have unrealistic expectations, don't understand how good management works and have no problem tossing your money into a pit because it is just a risk and you want to fuel the dreams of CR. Do you not understand that your views are you know, not typical? You try to present your side as if it is the only side and a fact.

I've seen the open laughter by people that have paid to back this game, many of them investing quite a lot of cash into this game. It is an open joke among your own SC community on their own forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...ort-April-2021

Maybe I'm old fashioned but is working on AI behaviors to make sure they can use toilets and showers really a big feature in the game? Is it something demanding developer time right now given all the other priorities the game is facing?

Physicalized sheets? Using bed shutters? Are they going to simulate the digestion of NPCs? The formation of fecal matter? How about splash physics? Waste reclamation? Will there be a detailed system to eject waste into space?

Is any of this necessary right now?
    They have a giant studio who are all waiting for Server Meshing to be implemented (gl with that!) so they can actually do important stuff. So to pass the time and pretend like they are useful they code realistic bed sheet physics.

This stuff only exists because they can't figure out the actual bottlenecks.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I dont know about you but as a backer every 2 weeks everyone is updated on the progress of whats being done with SQ42 so stop talking BS about them saying nothing.
    Kenn, they have been "updating" people for 8 years now. The finished game is no closer for it. At some point you might have to consider that bi-weekly sweet nothings are not an indication of progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    We get it you have unrealistic expectations, don't understand how good management works and have no problem tossing your money into a pit because it is just a risk and you want to fuel the dreams of CR. Do you not understand that your views are you know, not typical? You try to present your side as if it is the only side and a fact.

I've seen the open laughter by people that have paid to back this game, many of them investing quite a lot of cash into this game. It is an open joke among your own SC community on their own forums.
    My views are backed up by one simple fact, much of the playerbase and new playerbase are giving more money than previous years by a large margin to get this game made, so whats it like being wrong yet again, there is only so much you can spend until you have all the ships so its not just rich players sinking loads, its all those minor upgrades combined.

If players didnt believe in the project it wouldnt be making more money than its ever done it wouldnt of brought in at least around 37 million in the past 7 months alone, thats how bad players want this game to be made because there is no other game available that comes even slightly close.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

There is no properly managed company, humans are the weak point and there is always a failure at some stage, most are minor failures but still you cant claim any company is properly managed.
    Oh but I can and I also can claim that you keep posting in bad faith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

If players didnt believe in the project it wouldnt be making more money than its ever done it wouldnt of brought in at least around 37 million in the past 7 months alone, thats how bad players want this game to be made because there is no other game available that comes even slightly close.
    Because it's over ambitious and even SC will not even come close to it's own ideals.

10+ Year Old Account
    because there is no other game available that comes even slightly close.
    And neither will Star Citizen or Squadron 42. Everything you and Ando post about this game, are things that will magically be in the game AFTER JesusTech is complete. But for some odd reason, after 2, 4, 6, 8 years of trying, they cant do it. You're still stuck using a server that has a 50 player cap that is running at its processing capacity, yet somehow there is room to simulate NPC shitting, real time metal degradation, projectile physics, and 98 new star systems? The servers at CERN, mapping electrons flying at the speed of light, couldn't fucking do that, and you think CRoberts can?

My views are backed up by one simple fact, much of the playerbase and new playerbase are giving more money than previous years by a large margin to get this game made, so whats it like being wrong yet again, there is only so much you can spend until you have all the ships so its not just rich players sinking loads, its all those minor upgrades combined.

If you think this money will continue forever you are naïve. Besides, they had to take outside investors already so it is no longer a fully crowd funded project, which is just fucking sad. Again, this does not stop the constant jokes made on their own forums by backers who are jaded about the project. It is not sunshine and rainbows as you two love to try and make it seem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I just don't get why they didn't just lay the groundwork for what they knew could be done, added some basic gameplay loops, and then release it in a reasonable time frame. Add the 'deep systems' in future content updates IMO. Just get something out, at least.
    The game idea has potential but problem is Chris himself. The game being scrapped (development restarted) and constantly having larger and larger scope is causing the problems. Is it a SCAM? Nope. Is it a never-ending personal project that is wait out of scope? Yep.

We need this type of a game, the MMO industry is essentially dead (gaming in general outside of indies) is relatively poor imho. Recycled game mechanics over and over...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    If you think this money will continue forever you are naïve.
    Yep, it's matter of time. The extend the fuse but its still running out of time...
    -K

no company is ever managed properly.
    unless a project fails its not bad management,
    So, which one is it ?

It seems you are not in touch with reality, there is no company or organisation that can say it has ideal management, the larger the company the more impossible for management to work exactly the way it should operate. Anything run by a human is subject to all the flaws that comes with it.
    Didn't take you long to move the goalposts from "no company is ever managed properly" to "no company is managed ideally".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fully aware that there are dozens of different teams working on the game right now. I'm just curious where the, "Make sure NPC's can interact with bedsheets and use the toilet" fits on the priority list right now, because it seems a bit...high given the work needed to do on the entire rest of the game? Surely the team working on NPC AI has more pressing priorities than making sure an NPC can take a shit?
    Nope; naturally people who play a shit game also wants that this is as immersive as possible.

Little over a week for the release guys!

Of ED Odyssey, which for all intents and purposes does most things SC claims to do in 2077.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2021-05-07 at 04:50 AM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

There is no war in Ba Sing Se

there is only so much you can spend until you have all the ships so its not just rich players sinking loads, its all those minor upgrades combined.
    Is there a detailed breakdown anywhere ?

Because "there is only so much you can spend until you have all the ships", if I take all Ships listed here as Permanent availability, (https://starcitizen.fandom.com/wiki/...vehicle_prices), I'm already reaching 3000$. I'm not sure I want to take into account the non-Permanent one, I might have a heart attack

I'd be interested in looking at the detailed graphs showing the ranges of paying people, if you have that anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Is there a detailed breakdown anywhere ?

Because "there is only so much you can spend until you have all the ships", if I take all Ships listed here as Permanent availability, (https://starcitizen.fandom.com/wiki/...vehicle_prices), I'm already reaching 3000$.
    Off of the top of my head, the most expensive ships are the Kraken ($1,650, not ingame yet) and the Idris ($1,300, also not available in game yet). And then you had the Hull E cargo hauler for $550 (not ingame yet), Reclaimer for $400 (ingame but nonfunctional), Carrack for $600 (ingame and works), and the Endeavor for $350 (not ingame yet). And then there are like 50 variants of small and medium sized ships that can go for at least $100 each. So buying everything would easily cost at least $10,000.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wow, I forgot that the Javelin was $3,000 (also not available ingame yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Off of the top of my head, the most expensive ships are the Kraken ($1,650, not ingame yet) and the Idris ($1,300, also not available in game yet). And then you had the Hull E cargo hauler for $550 (not ingame yet), Reclaimer for $400 (ingame but nonfunctional), Carrack for $600 (ingame and works), and the Endeavor for $350 (not ingame yet). And then there are like 50 variants of small and medium sized ships that can go for at least $100 each. So buying everything would easily cost at least $10,000.
    Thanks for confirming, I had no idea whether this page was up-to-date (Wikis usually are), but it seems correct.
    According to this page it seems that indeed everything would be 10k+, but I only considered the things which were listed as "permanent", as far as I understood, they are always buyable, not limited in time or in quantity. So yeah, still a huge sum of money

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Thanks for confirming, I had no idea whether this page was up-to-date (Wikis usually are), but it seems correct.
    According to this page it seems that indeed everything would be 10k+, but I only considered the things which were listed as "permanent", as far as I understood, they are always buyable, not limited in time or in quantity. So yeah, still a huge sum of money
    "Limited" means that there was a limited window you could buy something (like a Concept Ship Sale). After that period was over, you can't buy it anymore, only buy it from other people who did buy it during within the window off of the grey market. Basically artificial scarcity.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wow, I forgot that the Javelin was $3,000 (also not available ingame yet)
    I see the meme video with ships tetris is still accurate.

(starts 10:45)

https://youtu.be/76VwCNZvQ1g?t=643

Took me a god damn while to dig the video back up. The entire series is a comedy gold mine.