Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Not specifically relating to patch 1.5 but I know a lot of people (myself included) were hoping the new warzone would be in this patch so I figured I'd put the new statement about it here. Basically it is a "soon" response though.
    (Source)
    For PvPers, I hope that doesn't mean 6 months down the road, as they've stated that being the potential timetable on major updates. I've always felt PvP was pretty strong in SWTOR, because they did manage to make it just interesting enough to matter compared to the other games available.

It would be awesome to see a multi objective WZ, kinda like what Ilum was supposed to be...but on a smaller scale. Possibly an AV like scenario, but set in this universe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    For PvPers, I hope that doesn't mean 6 months down the road, as they've stated that being the potential timetable on major updates.

Fear not! New Warzone content is in heavy testing and should be in the next major patch after 1.5. We hesitate to give exact timing, but definitely before the year's end.

No fear, it won't be 6 months for the next WZ.

On a side note I'm curious as to why the WZ wasn't released much earlier. A completely playable version was shown at one of the summer conventions (July i believe it was). Many players were allowed to play and from all accounts it seemed flawless and bug-free back then iirc. Anyway if it was already playable back in July and they promise to have it out before January then I'm sure we can believe them (this time )

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    *snip*
    If I was theorizing or coming up with hypothoses, I would be making that clear. Anytime I've said something that's been of my opinion, I will preface it with "I think" or "I believe". This isn't the case here. It's pretty cut and dry what the statement says and the only people that are theorizing or coming up with hypothoses are those that are creating outlandish ideas of what it means. It means what it means. Just like it meant what it meant with action bars and it means what it means with Warzones, so on and so forth. Like I said before, I don't really care that they're limiting people with what gear they can equip. It's not something I consider to be some crazy measure to make money. It seems to me to be pretty legitimate. Unfortunately there are people who are blowing my statement out of proportion and getting on the defensive about it. Those people are making WAY more out of it than any other person on here. You are not included in that bunch because you're not coming up with off the wall theories purely to defend something that wasn't being attacked in the first place.

Look. I understand "Battered Wife Syndrome". I get that when something gets attacked so much, eventually everything becomes being on the defensive. However there shouldn't be any reason for that to equate to a video game.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 02:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Fear not! New Warzone content is in heavy testing and should be in the next major patch after 1.5. We hesitate to give exact timing, but definitely before the year's end.

On a side note I'm curious as to why the WZ wasn't released much earlier. A completely playable version was shown at one of the summer conventions (July i believe it was). Many players were allowed to play and from all accounts it seemed flawless and bug-free back then iirc. Anyway if it was already playable back in July and they promise to have it out before January then I'm sure we can believe them (this time )
    Because they're attempting to stretch out their releases. Make sure every 6 week content patch has some form of actual content. In this case, the PvP crowd already had 4 WZs to choose from but, because of gear progression, PvE players really only have 1. I can see why they would have waited.

10+ Year Old Account

On a side note I'm curious as to why the WZ wasn't released much earlier. A completely playable version was shown at one of the summer conventions (July i believe it was). *snip* then I'm sure we can believe them (this time )
    I don't believe any promise to have something out by a certain time period. Not from this company, not from Blizzard, not from any of them. This has a 10 year history of evidence behind it, completely unrelated to just this game lol. Why they aren't releasing it with the F2P switch is kinda odd to me to be honest. It seems like they would want F2P patch to just explode with content and goodies and all kinds of magic things. Having a new (or multiple) WZs would be a great way to get back some players/entice Market purchases.

If a lot of people quit back when rated WZ first failed to release, they could be aiming to get these players back. I would guess that whatever you saw that seemed polished was either scrapped, not actually polished, or more likely they are trying to go bigger. Many people complain WZ are too small and not varied enough with player size, maybe we will finally see a larger PvP battle soon?

Originally Posted by SWTOR

I underlined the problematic areas for a couple reasons.

1) Language within the statement is contradictory to previous statements and almost with itself. They hesitate to give an exact tmie, but then promise it will be out by Dec 31 2012.

2) Specifically states it will release with a major content patch, which has already been pegged as 4-6 month releases. So regardles of what I quoted says, they have already said 4-6 months. That puts us at April 30th at the earliest....and the last time I checked my Mayan calendar that is next year, not this one.

1) Language within the statement is contradictory to previous statements and almost with itself. They hesitate to give an exact tmie, but then promise it will be out by Dec 31 2012.

2) Specifically states it will release with a major content patch, which has already been pegged as 4-6 month releases. So regardles of what I quoted says, they have already said 4-6 months. That puts us at April 30th at the earliest....and the last time I checked my Mayan calendar that is next year, not this one.
    We are 100% sure that there's a chance it will be ready.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    I don't believe any promise to have something out by a certain time period. Not from this company, not from Blizzard, not from any of them. This has a 10 year history of evidence behind it, completely unrelated to just this game lol. Why they aren't releasing it with the F2P switch is kinda odd to me to be honest. It seems like they would want F2P patch to just explode with content and goodies and all kinds of magic things. Having a new (or multiple) WZs would be a great way to get back some players/entice Market purchases.

If a lot of people quit back when rated WZ first failed to release, they could be aiming to get these players back. I would guess that whatever you saw that seemed polished was either scrapped, not actually polished, or more likely they are trying to go bigger. Many people complain WZ are too small and not varied enough with player size, maybe we will finally see a larger PvP battle soon?

I underlined the problematic areas for a couple reasons.

1) It's the same old problem, true. Unclear communication. Based on its own merits the statement seems clear enough in intent. They can't tell us exactly when (month,week, etc) but they have a timeframe of before january. This isn't the statement that seems contradictory to me.

2) I see your point but there are 2 contradictory statements released these last 2 days and you're choosing to put stock in the more pessimistic one (which is ok). One says 'major patch every 6 months', this statement says 'this specific content will be in a major patch released before the end of the year'. You deem the first one to be right and the other to be wrong. I instead can do the opposite and still be correct.

I think it's clear that the WZ will come out pre 2013 and that we need to find out what BW means exactly by 'major content patches'. As you noticed, Bioware's 2 uses of that phrase are contradictory.

My guess is that the 6 week cycle content (dailies, WZ, Operations, FP's, events) will be pumped out every 6 weeks as so far they've managed to do. If the WZ comes out 6 weeks (before 2013 fits this cycle) after the HK content then they'll still be on track. August event, TFB op, HK plus dailies and now the new WZ...4/4.

With 'major content' I'd guess that would include Makeb. Twice yearly as stated. January Makeb...then the space update in July

That all seems very possible in my opinion. Major content twice yearly and smaller content patches every 6 weeks. Of course that involves trusting what they write and I understand that some lost that trust in BW a while ago. Regardless I'm actually very optimistic about my enjoyment of TOR in 2013 if the content pushed out since august is any indication.

then the space update in July
    Multiplayer rail shooter. Watch it happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    We are 100% sure that there's a chance it will be ready.
    80% of the time, it works every time.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 03:54 PM ----------

1) That all seems very possible in my opinion. Major content twice yearly and smaller content patches every 6 weeks. Of course that involves trusting what they write and I understand that some lost that trust in BW a while ago. Regardless I'm actually very optimistic about my enjoyment of TOR in 2013 if the content pushed out since august is any indication.
    I'm actually ok with that assessment. And that the actual problem is calling everything 'major content update'. It makes perfect sense. Another 'wait and see' moment unfortunately.

Bunch of updates to the patch notes today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Free-to-Play Players will find a reduced advancement rate for crafting an Orange, Yellow, or Green difficulty schematic. Subscribers will see no change to the advancement rate for crafting the same items.
    The cost of adding an augment slot to an item has been increased for Free-to-Play Players

Yes! More punishments for F2P. Just what this game needed!

The deposit for items placed on the GTN is now a percentage of the item’s value (instead of being based on the player’s set price).

Incoming, much needed inflation. Good change.

Each rank of the Legacy Experience perk now grants +6% experience (as opposed to a gradual increase of +2/4/6/8/10). The total possible bonus from Legacy perks is still 30% in each category
    Vehicles, mini-pets, weapons, and color crystals can now be previewed in the in-game item preview window.

Praise the Midichlorian Lord, great changes.

Edit: Just realized that the overall XP boost is still 30%...now I'm not excited about that at all. Still, previewing weapons and mounts is freaking awesome. I habitually control+clicked everything even though it never worked.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2012-10-31 at 08:24 PM.

Glad to see they're still going down the path of "let's make the free experience so bad that they'll have to subscribe to enjoy the game!"

Really, it feels like they're going about this whole thing backwards.

They should be approaching this as, "How do we make an enjoyable game for free players, and then provide value and incentive for them to use the cash shop or subscribe." you you see in other games (DCUO is the best example of this right now)

They seem to be approaching this from, "How can we not cheapen the experience of subscribers during this transition." (almost their words verbatum) That's kinda backwards. They should be going "How to improve the value of that subscription without heavily restricting free players, so that we can draw in new blood."

Just doesn't make sense to me : /

You're operating under the assumption that the major content patch cycle started yesterday. How do you know that they aren't planning a major content update right after F2P? You can't make an assumption on something like that if there's no date. Automatically assuming that the major content cycle started when they first announced "Every 4-6 months" can't be done because there's nothing to tell us that's true. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you're wrong. I'm just saying that you're definitely jumping to a conclusion with very little information to go on (par for the course for Bioware).

Deleted
    Multiplayer rail shooter. Watch it happen.
    If they end up just adding a multiplayer aspect to the rail system I'll quit the same day.

Back on the 4th of april Bioware created a poll asking for the most popular feature they could add. They gave us a choice of 4. Presumably all 4 were possible. 'Full 3D space battles' was the exact wording of the choice that ended up winning the poll by a 20% margin. If in april Full 3D space battles were a distinct possibility then simply adding a multiplayer rail system instead would be my casus belli.

We all have our breaking point after all
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2012-10-31 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Glad to see they're still going down the path of "let's make the free experience so bad that they'll have to subscribe to enjoy the game!"

Really, it feels like they're going about this whole thing backwards.
    If you didn't like subscribing before, just wait till we show you how bad it COULD be! Wait. Where are you going? Stop playing that other video game. You are SUPPOSE TO BE PLAYING SWTOR. WHY WON'T YOU PLAY IT?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Not specifically relating to patch 1.5 but I know a lot of people (myself included) were hoping the new warzone would be in this patch so I figured I'd put the new statement about it here. Basically it is a "soon" response though.

Hi everyone! I asked Damion Schubert for any news or information we can share. There are many questions about the topic, but he did have a bit to say about new Warzone content:

(Source)
    I'm still in shock that my post actually got answered by BW, at least 1/3 of it(no info on Ilum or new quests for pvp). The best thing I took away from this is we should see 1.6(unless they break past practices and launch the WZ as 1.5.X) in 2012.

So these are the two "possible" ways of interpreting it.

If 1 is true then what? You get to wear 1 or 2 epics you get from questing? That doesn't seem plausible. It would pretty much mean you can't wear any epics.

If 2 is true then you can only get up to rakata gear.

What am I missing here?
    Kitty is still assuming that his are the only two interpretations and missing what I've been saying that it might mean all gear that isn't Special Event equipment, so that you will be able to use BH and campaign and pvp etc. All I've said the whole time is that there are numerous ways to interpret the words, so don't assume the worst everytime. I've also said that he isn't necessarilly wrong, he's just not necessarilly correct.

Numerous other locations have indicated that they believe the same as me that it allows access to all gear that isn't special event. Only Kitty and Notorious think it's limited to Rakata

Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    Kitty is still assuming that his are the only two interpretations and missing what I've been saying that it might mean all gear that isn't Special Event equipment, so that you will be able to use BH and campaign and pvp etc. All I've said the whole time is that there are numerous ways to interpret the words, so don't assume the worst everytime. I've also said that he isn't necessarilly wrong, he's just not necessarilly correct.

Numerous other locations have indicated that they believe the same as me that it allows access to all gear that isn't special event. Only Kitty and Notorious think it's limited to Rakata
    You need to read my previous post where I already debunked your theory. Bowcasters were modifiable orange gear, Rakghoul gear was Prototype, which make neither Artifact. Also, since final bosses in SM EC and TFB drop Black Hole, it may also apply to BH gear. Which is something I've already conceded as being possible.
    Last edited by notorious98; 2012-11-01 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    You need to read my previous post where I already debunked your theory. Bowcasters were modifiable orange gear, Rakghoul gear was Prototype, which make neither Artifact. Also, since final bosses in SM EC and TFB drop Black Hole, it may also apply to BH gear. Which is something I've already conceded as being possible.
    I'd hardly call it debunked when I already said that it didn't include that gear as it has a completely separate unlock. There might be more events too which have artifact and it might also be linked to CE gear too like the speeder, not sure what it's classified as but it was purple. You are also still trying to link it to SM which has not been confirmed. Lets just agree that it's not certain and any speculation at this point is guesswork (pretty much what I've said all along as you can't refute what I've been saying and I can't refute you either).

Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    But there is no epic event gear. So why would it be "most epics" if what they were excluding was event gear?

But there is no epic event gear. So why would it be "most epics" if what they were excluding was event gear?
    actually the bowcasters both camme with 23 artifact and 1 legendary mods so yea even event gear can have epic stuff in it