Page 30 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Valor gear is not even required for the raid so I really don't understand peoples issue.
    Sure, if you're a normal mode hero and/or don't mind being second best at best.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    If you need valor gear you are already second best. The best cleared raids with blues already.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    If you need valor gear you are already second best. The best cleared raids with blues already.
    Second best as in, you can do more.
    Not everyone can be #1 in the world. That's a given. You can however, be the best you can be.

Oh well, hate me:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5825022636#1

Our hamster friend has a point I agree with: Please someone kill Lao Softfoot, such a lousy Rogue is not only worse than Minchar, He is also only hard to find for us rather than the Mogu from whom he should have been harder to find for in the first place.

Deleted
    dailies are boring too some extent, but i find them far better then the lame tabard rep grinding.

dailies make sense if you wanna earn rep with a faction, cause you help them out.
    tabards? you were them killing stuff a certain faction might not care about but it still gives you rep, made no sense so im glad they moved away.

stop hating the people who dont hate dailies and who tell people that whine about dailies too not do them!
    but ill probally be hated for saying that -.-"

10+ Year Old Account
    Second best as in, you can do more.
    Not everyone can be #1 in the world. That's a given. You can however, be the best you can be.
    Don't like it when your insult is turned around on you do you?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Don't like it when your insult is turned around on you do you?
    Reading too much into my message.
    80 billion dailies are a must if you want to do the most you can. Simple as that.
    To a similar message, 300 stat food makes me cry as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by morfraen View Post
    Daily's are optional content. People need to stop complaining about being 'required' to do them all every day :P
    Yeah, sure, no one is forcing you to get geared in this game. You can be a heroic dungeon farming scrub all your wow career, you don't even need to worry about spending those valor and justice points as almost everything requires you to be exalted with some faction, which you won't be doing anyway.

I'm pretty sure that the top hundred heroic world kills were all done with little to no valor gear, so in reality it's more of the people in the middle who might "need" valor gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Daily quests in their current incarnation act as a gate of sorts for PvE content. I do not think that this kind of system is conducive to "fun" and honestly think there are better, more appropriate ways to gate Normal/Heroic mode progression content. I grew up with grindy MMOs, I can handle the grind. I just don't think it's very fun. I'm also already missing my friends that were scared away by the grind.
    No they don't. The valor cap acts as the real gate. Dailies are a nuisance. A contrivance designed to get people out into the world. One very simple change would fix this though and it would make 90% of the people happy. Remove the valor gear and make the only requirement valor. It would still be gated, I would still have to "work for it" and dailies would still be rewarding as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    No they don't. The valor cap acts as the real gate. Dailies are a nuisance. A contrivance designed to get people out into the world. One very simple change would fix this though and it would make 90% of the people happy. Remove the valor gear and make the only requirement valor. It would still be gated, I would still have to "work for it" and dailies would still be rewarding as hell.
    I love it when you make up numbers off the top of your head. BoOoOoOoO!

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Nothing you say matters you dont play this game. So quit making suggestions on how we get our loot.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Do normal mode raids and get gear from that for the heroic mode? Like your supposed to. There is now 12 normal raid bosses to farm for gear for heroic raids. Valor is not meant to be a skipping stone so you don't have to do normals more then once when you still cant down the heroic boss version. Plus what I was saying is the valor cap is more in your way then anything. You could be exalted right now with pretty much everyone if you did dailies every day since release, and you will only have 2 pieces of gear(maybe 3) to show for it by now. Not because of the rep requirements, but because of the valor cap. You would still be in this same position if you did a couple dungeons runs with a tabard to get the rep. It's not the dailies fault. The best way to gear up is to do the normal raids. Valor is not a resource that is meant to get you fully decked out in gear in a matter of a couple weeks. You supposed to be using it to put in for pieces that won't drop for you in the raids.

If someones going to hate on anything, hate on the valor cap first before the dailies. Is all I'm saying really.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-10-30 at 07:57 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Do normal mode raids and get gear from that for the heroic mode? Like your supposed to. There is now 12 normal raid bosses to farm for gear for heroic raids. Valor is not meant to be a skipping stone so you don't have to do normals more then once when you still cant down the heroic boss version.
    5 man content(At the start of the Xpac anyways) and VP gear has always played a significant role at the start of any tier.
    Right along with BoEs and such.
    And my issue isn't with the VP cap is the thing. Its that to make use out of that resource, you have to spend a significant amount of time grinding dailies.

Id have been happy if there was a tabard option.

5 man content(At the start of the Xpac anyways) and VP gear has always played a significant role at the start of any tier.
    Right along with BoEs and such.
    And my issue isn't with the VP cap is the thing. Its that to make use out of that resource, you have to spend a significant amount of time grinding dailies.

Id have been happy if there was a tabard option.
    Tabard option is stupid then all everybody does is grind heroics NON STOP. It kills any getting out into the world helps kill world pvp. All it does is have people get to valor cap for the week and stop grinding and sit in org in /2 and complain nothing to do.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I can empathize with the point of getting people out in the world, the content itself is shit. Its done just because its tied to the hip with even a passing interest in PvE content.

Take a look at Noblegarden. People were out and about just for a recolored mount, and by and large they had fun with it. Do something like that, not have me rescue Lao the 30th time.
    I can honestly say that my several hour easter egg hunt was less fun than dailies -- but they do have a ways to go to improve the daily content.

Just trying to figure this one out, but why do people prefer chain-queuing the same dungeons all day long vs. doing the same dailies over and over? Perhaps dailies can take on a design more similar to dungeons but instead be out in the world and instanced content? Maybe if dailies sometimes randomly awarded 363 gear?

Trying to think of ways to improve the system.

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Tabard option is stupid then all everybody does is grind heroics NON STOP. It kills any getting out into the world helps kill world pvp. All it does is have people get to valor cap for the week and stop grinding and sit in org in /2 and complain nothing to do.
    I grinded heroics "non stop" when I hit cap. I'd have gotten my rep through that process regardless, not grind heroics for it.

And as I mentioned, killing Lao the 30th time is a lot more boring than say, Noblegarden. I advocate getting people out in the world. But make it new content, not have me repeat the same daily 60 times, which is added with the fact Shado-Pan and August Celestials are dependent on doing the Golden Lotus first.

Quote Originally Posted by mipper View Post
    I can honestly say that my several hour easter egg hunt was less fun than dailies -- but they do have a ways to go to improve the daily content.
    To each their own regarding preference.

Quote Originally Posted by mipper View Post
    Perhaps dailies can take on a design more similar to dungeons but instead be out in the world and instanced content?
    Faction oriented scenarios?

10+ Year Old Account
    I grinded heroics "non stop" when I hit cap. I'd have gotten my rep through that process regardless, not grind heroics for it.

And as I mentioned, killing Lao the 30th time is a lot more boring than say, Noblegarden. I advocate getting people out in the world. But make it new content, not have me repeat the same daily 60 times, which is added with the fact Shado-Pan and August Celestials are dependent on doing the Golden Lotus first.

To each their own regarding preference.

Faction oriented scenarios?

I would kill him 100 times or more before I ever touch the useless things they call holidays.

I would kill him 100 times or more before I ever touch the useless things they call holidays.
    Not sure why I said kill, when I was thinking of the guy you let out of the cage for Golden Lotus.
    Regardless, I empathize with the point of getting people out in the world, but repeating the same dailies ad naseum isnt the solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people so hostile to what is in reality mild criticism and simple suggestions for improvement? You'd think i insulted their gods or insinuated that I had carnal knowledge of their significant others..
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-30 at 08:13 PM.