Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    When you treat people as sub-human, what does that make you?

15+ Year Old Account
    What the OP is talking about isn't justice at all, but merely revenge.
    What is justice? Justice is making things equal.

If the killer murdered someone inocent, then for justice to be truly served, he would have to suffer until he's acquited, and then suffer the same injustice that he caused so that he ends up in the same situation as the innocent he murdered.

So killing him awake doesn't cut it.
    Maybe we should kill someone from his family too.

Maybe someone from the family that lost a loved one should be given that honor.

Maybe sell some tickets for the whole show.
    Viewers can vote on the weapon used for the execution.

Better yet, how about the killer gets to watch a loved one being executed by someone from the family of the person he murdered, and then getting killed in a gas chamber?

There are so many options!

/sarcasm

The purpose of criminal punishment should be to:
    - compensate the harm -> through forced labor, for example
    - prevent further harm -> through prison or death

Criminal punishment is not meant to be revenge.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by soloedalysrazoronwarrior View Post
    I am getting sick of all this "but he is a human we must treat him humanely" crap.
    Ok ok YOU did not treat your victims humanely when you slashed his through or blew a hole through his head WHY SHOULD YOUR DEATH BE PAINLESS? ANSWER ME!

you call this JUSTICE? What is JUSTICE? it is when you are FORCED to suffer at least as much as the victim suffered THAT is the fundamental definition of "Justice".
    We need to stop with all this "Humane" crap and start giving lethal injections with the murderer fully awake so he will feel the entire process and get to know the worthless piece of trash he is.
    Murderers should not be treated as human. They are sub-human and should be treated like dirt. A mouse trap kills a mouse in agony, a murderer is given a death sentence UNCONSCIOUS! so he does not feel ANY PAIN! Im sorry but I value the mice over the Murderer.

STOP GIVING HUMANE DEATH SENTENCES. Give it to them AWAKE!
    Btw I don't now if you are aware, but lethal injection is completely not painless, the only thing is that his body won't move and he won't be fully consious, but his body still feels the pain.

And they only do this so you don't have to watch how the guy reacts when he is getting burned from the inside.

And looking at your post I'd say your not much better then all these murders out their, your just the same, you just want to be able to do it legally.
    If you take joy or satisfaction from someone's death, how bad they may be, your a monster and deserves no better then them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Oh look, the brigade of people who think they're smart because they link famous philosopher quotes, how original. And if people truly think that taking the life of a murderer for the sake of protecting society makes them no better than the murderer... you live in a strange world.
    Oh look, people who think they're edgy because they want to torture people with some bull claim of "justice".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stede View Post
    When you treat people as sub-human, what does that make you?
    Implying these people are not sub-human.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Feel free to substantiate that argument. I do not view murderers as sub-human. They are very much human, and like anyone else. Rather than blindly and ignorantly applying labels to them, perhaps investigate the reasons why they made their decisions, and what made them take the different path. Then you can start working on a solution, and eventually future crime prevention.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Oh look, people who think they're edgy because they want to torture people with some bull claim of "justice".
    Once upon a time righteous people burned questionable innocents for having a funny haircut. No trial was necessary.
    Glorious days.

Now we are more civilized.
    We first make the world believe someone attacked us so we can wage war against them.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2012-11-07 at 10:13 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Lethal Injection puts them to sleep anyway, it isn't some horrific, painful shot.

I am loathe to quote popular fiction, but I remember in the Shawshank redemption when they screw up the execution of the one guy and all the people that were sitting around laughing and treating it as a day at the movies were apalled by how violent the death was. That is the only reason I can even fathom someone wanting to see pain on the face of the prisoner.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    That doesn't seem likely.
    It's true, inmates on death row do cost more than regular inmates. Putting a prisoner to death costs several millions of dollars in court fees, because the prisoner is given many many many appeals to make sure that they aren't killing an innocent man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphh View Post
    Feel free to substantiate that argument. I do not view murderers as sub-human. They are very much human, and like anyone else. Rather than blindly and ignorantly applying labels to them, perhaps investigate the reasons why they made their decisions, and what made them take the different path. Then you can start working on a solution, and eventually future crime prevention.
    They are not rational and therefore are sub-human.

Yes, and how did they get that way? By treating others as sub-human. People are often defined by principles. But too often, those principles are defined by hate and fear, rather than courage and hope.

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 10:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphh View Post
    In either case, the argument the OP makes falls flatly on its face.

I support lethal injections, death penalty at all really. (As for doing it to them awake, why not? Make them go through the same pain their victim did.)
    Why? Because some things are not meant to be forgiven, because some people are not going to be rehabilitated and quite frankly, some do not deserve a second chance.

"Oh but that makes us/you just as bad as the murderer!"

No it fucking doesn't. The murderer killed someone in cold blood and caused a lot of people agony and pain. For this he/she has thrown away all their rights as a human being and should not be allowed to live. Sometimes an eye for an eye is the best way out. We don't need lowlife "human beings" littering earth.
    I would not have any qualms about being the one to inject or push the button.

Ps: To anyone who "misunderstand" what I've said. No its not about handing out death penalty to everyone and their grandmother who do something wrong. Murder can also happen by mistake or self defence (but then its not called murder is it?), in which case I do NOT support death penalty. Also, OF COURSE a strict court ruling, trial and investigation had to be in place for the right person to be executed.
    Last edited by Lily Crowley; 2012-11-07 at 10:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

Deleted
    I have no idea what to think, but I know I'm outraged about something!

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Lethal Injection ? screw that let the family of the victim decide how to punish such people and sell that shit on payperview.

Think of the income our prison system could generate while at the same time producing quality television that would increase the chances of our children being fearful of the law thus being less likely to break it.

It's a total win/win

Hell we could totally capitalize on it and do death match versions of all known sports.
    We could start off small of course just to give people a taste for it doing something simple like catapulting inmates into a brick wall or running them down with cars.
    Because this couldn't possibly breed a more violent society.

You dont fight fire with fire, nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?

Deleted
    They are not rational and therefore are sub-human.
    Insufficient to support your argument, or properly debate mine. Your claim that murderers are irrational, whilst potentially accurate, is hilariously ironic. You did not address my point about the circumstances of the murderer, what they were thinking, their reasoning. People do things for a reason, and therefore society should examine what led them to believe that taking a life was going to help them.

Or perhaps you would rather take the black/white view that people are born evil/irrational. In which case, you would only substantiate your own argument.
    Last edited by mmocabb3213291; 2012-11-07 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erfan1 View Post
    This is a rather shallow-minded definition of justice. For a myriad of reasons it can never be about revenge- you are confused however because there still is capital punishment -death penalty is wrong.

An eye for an eye is dark ages reasoning, itll lead to no good.
    Easy to say when its not your wife/family/kid that it happened too. Let them torture, rape, mutilate, and degrate someone you love with all your heart and see how much your opinion changes

10+ Year Old Account
    As a semi conservative (hell im not even sure anymore, maybe libertarian, too many labels), who supports capital punishment. This idea just makes me sick. But I also ask myself "What difference if any has the supposed deterrent of this punishment made to stop these crimes?" In the end I no longer think the justice system serves its intended purpose the way it was mean to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Crowley View Post
    I support lethal injections, death penalty at all really. (As for doing it to them awake, why not? Make them go through the same pain their victim did.)
    Why? Because some things are not meant to be forgiven, because some people are not going to be rehabilitated and quite frankly, some do not deserve a second chance.

"Oh but that makes us/you just as bad as the murderer!"

No it fucking doesn't. The murderer killed someone in cold blood and caused a lot of people agony and pain. For this he/she has thrown away all their rights as a human being and should not be allowed to live. Some times and eye for an eye is the best way out. We don't need lowlife "human beings" littering earth.
    I would not have any qualms about being the one to inject or push the button.

Ps: To anyone who "misunderstand" what I've said. No its not about handing out death penalty to everyone and their grandmother who do something wrong. Murder can also happen by mistake or self defence, in which case I do NOT support death penalty. Also, OF COURSE a strict court ruling and investigation had to be in place for the right person to be executed.
    Desensitizing our own humanity in some attempt to bring 'justice' does nothing. Nothing is accomplished in executing folks in a cruel way - it's merely cruel for its own sake. If that's not walking down the same path, then I don't know what would be. It's not a solution at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellash View Post
    Once upon a time righteous people burned questionable innocents for having a funny haircut. No trial was necessary.
    Glorious days.

Now we are more civilized.
    We first make the world believe someone attacked us so we can wage war against them.
    I preferred it when they transformed, beat monsters up and taught children valuable lessons, all in the name of justice. They never tortured monsters, they just kicked them until they exploded.