Page 15 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    When you increase taxes and regulation and expenses, prices will go up and payrolls will go down. That is reality. If you don't like it, don't vote those who are for increased taxes and regulation and expenses.
    that must be the most retarded thing I ever read, prices might go up, yeah, but payrolls going down ? it's just the opposite, otherwise you wouldn't have to price increase.

What you are saying is what would happen if a company would drastically increase their profits.

And just so you know, every year in the US where you had deregulations was a year with deficit and loss of tax income and jobs.

The years where you had more regulations are the only years when there was more jobs, more tax income and no deficit.

Quote Originally Posted by One-Eyed Jack View Post
    Those 'greedy assholes' have no obligation to your well being, and neithe do the rest of us. Pay for it yourself
    If it was not for us buying there product then they would not have a job and would not be the CEO of anything. so yes they should feel a Obligation to give back to the community paying for the healthcare dose that.

Once again ill ask how come other places like canada and the Uk can give there people heatlthcare so why the fuck can't we.

If our government is going to act like there better then the rest in the world they need to start doing it and stop pretending and that is what Obama wants is to help everyone who needs the help.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If it was not for us buying there product then they would not have a job and would not be the CEO of anything. so yes they should feel a Obligation to give back to the community paying for the healthcare dose that.

Once again ill ask how come other places like canada and the Uk can give there people heatlthcare so why the fuck can't we.
    Because this is america, and Americans historically hate government. We think of ourselves as free individuals who are out to work to make a better life for OURSELVES, not others.

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    There's this thing we learn in economics 201. Essentially, every firm will produce the maximum amount of product it can while still making money on each item. Each item to produce takes more money then the previous one, since they have already used their most efficient production resources. So they keep going until it becomes more expensive to produce then the profit from that item redeems. Now when you increase the cost of production (via obamacare/taxes or other methods), you have now crossed the line, and now are producing things at a cost that is more expensive then the profit you get from them. Thus, its time to scale down to stay in line again. Obviously this is simply generalized, but that's how economics works. If you increase the cost of production you WILL get layoffs, everytime, no matter what. And its not simply political.
    what ? Where the hell did you learn economics ?

Increase in cost doesn't mean layoffs, it means higher cost for the customer.

Having layoffs, only reduce the quantity of products you can make and the total market share you can cover. Having layoffs is the most retarded and short sighted idea of reducing cost there ever was.

They just use this as a forml of treat to the gov to try and avoid the extra cost.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 10:57 PM ----------

Because this is america, and Americans historically hate government. We think of ourselves as free individuals who are out to work to make a better life for OURSELVES, not others.
    and that's exactly what's wrong with the US and why so many people hate it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viertel View Post
    B U L L S H I T

When you purposely, and publically, make a statement that you lay off players simply because someone was re-elected into office immediately after the polls you've fucking made it a political statement almost entirely.
    When that re-election has consequences on the profitability of your industry, then it's not just political.

Pay for it yourself
    Says the college student whose education is being subsidized by taxpayers and alumni.

Then our government needs to work for there people that is why we voted and got them there to do a job and for a long time now they been doing a half ass job.

Please do only speak for yourself cause as i said yes i want a better life for my and my love ones but i will not make someone else's life worse/harder to do it.

Also if you didn't know you can still work to make a better life for yourself and also your Government help you as well like the government should.

I would really hate to see how you would act if you lost your job and was about to lose everything....i wonder who you would ask for help.

Its about time that the American government and some of its people stop living in the 1900's and join the rest of us in the year 2012.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taurvanhiel View Post
    Says the college student whose education is being subsidized by taxpayers and alumni.
    For your information, I payed the full price

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 02:00 PM ----------

Then our government needs to work for there people that is why we voted and got them there to do a job and for a long time now they been doing a half ass job.

Please do only speak for yourself cause as i said yes i want a better life for my and my love ones but i will not make someone else's life worse/harder to do it.

Its about time that the American government and some of its people stop living in the 1900's and join the rest of us in the year 2012.

In your situation, it probably roots to paying for your family as the reason you live a less than luxurious lifestyle

Those 'greedy assholes' have no obligation to your well being, and neither do the rest of us. Pay for it yourself
    You are making sure we are paid enough to support ourselves decently. Sure thing.

But if I have to choose between health insurance or house payment, then you aren't getting that sorry. You greedy assholes keep taking from our paycheck so we can't afford the insurance of course they already have many nightmare cases where the insurance company tries to deny or cancel coverage the second they are needed so even if we still payed it still might not cover us.

And yes, I do believe Obamacare is not what we need. We need healthCARE reform, not healthINSURANCE reform. We need to make it paid by taxes. We pay more in Medicare by percentage than other nations pay for their entire healthcare system I have heard. And just think, if it is paid for by taxes, it wouldn't matter if you paid full timers or part timers, theirs, yours and your company(s) would still be covering it all.

If you have such a low opinion of Americans you should really leave.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 02:00 PM ----------

In your situation, it probably roots to paying for your family as the reason you live a less than luxurious lifestyle
    And because you payed full price *like you claim* you feel your better then the lower class. you was not givin the job that payed for it so where did the money come from i bet it was from mommy and daddy who gave it to you.

Ill ask once more if the rest of the world like Canada and the Uk can help there people why the fuck can't we....

You may pay tuition and fees without assistance, that does not mean you paid the full price of the education you are receiving.

Most colleges don't pass on 100% of their operating costs to students. I will gladly cede the point, if you are able to provide a link to your college's finances that shows that student tuition and fees are their sole source of income.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but, no, you didn't. You might think its full price but you are just not paying attention, shocking I know, to all the other money coming in to help make your education affordable.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkacid View Post
    If you have such a low opinion of Americans you should really leave.
    Have you ever met the average American? There fucking reatarted monkeys and your telling me you want to pay for there health??

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-11-10 at 10:20 PM.

The price of tuition at public universities is highly affected by the amount of tax money the universities get from state governments. This is why college tuition has been going up so much lately, state governments have huge deficits due to low tax revenue and cut funding to schools and colleges. So if you went to a public institution you would have payed a lot more if tax money wasnt subsidizing tuition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you ever met the average American? There fucking reatarted monkeys and your telling me you want to pay for there health??
    Oh come on, you can do better than that. Yes, your assumptions were squished. But that is no reason to switch to the mutually assured destruction tactic.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I think the true retarded American is people who act like......you.

Don't judge all of us based off of a few you may have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    I actually think the CEO's are doing this to intentionally hobble their companies, to make Obama look as if he is hurting them. Kind of the equivalent of getting brushed up against in soccer and throwing yourself to the ground, howling in agony and hoping to God everyone watching believes you've genuinely been fouled.

Holy. Fucking. Shit. YES YOU CAN
    No, you really can't. A corporation is a legal entity that only exists to seek profit. If you're running a corporation and you're not profitable, you're on your way to out of business. That means no job, no healthcare, no money, no nothing. If you operate under the misguided assumption that corporations are willing to absorb loss for the good of humanity, you're deluding yourself. The only reason corporations undertake any of what you're suggesting is to attempt to encourage people to see them as a good company so they'll buy their stuff, so they can attract quality employees, or because the government forces them to. It sounds cynical, but it's not. It's because corporations are legal entities that only exist as long as they compete. No amount of moralizing is going to fix that.

These companies you're citing are among literally hundreds whose CEOs have made similar statements regarding a 2nd Obama term. His regulations make business more expensive. His tax rates make business more expensive. His healthcare plan makes business more expensive. All of those expenses cut into the profit margin. If you take away the profits, the corporation fails, and these CEOs know that. This is why they have to be pro-active, look at the projected costs, and manage appropriately. In most cases, they're looking at their #1 cost in their overhead - employees and especially their healthcare plans. When your costs for healthcare per employee go up 30% (like mine have since Obamacare was passed), you have to reconsider offering the benefit.

Corporations aren't charities. They're businesses. Any assertion to the contrary is fact-absent nonsense.
    Last edited by fire6fly; 2012-11-10 at 10:08 PM. Reason: forgot to close [/quote]

10+ Year Old Account
    And because you payed full price *like you claim* you feel your better then the lower class. you was not givin the job that payed for it so where did the money come from i bet it was from mommy and daddy who gave it to you.

Ill ask once more if the rest of the world like Canada and the Uk can help there people why the fuck can't we....
    There is no such thing as class. Minimum wage workers want people to feel sorry for them, so they labeled themselves the lower class

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no such thing as class. Minimum wage workers want people to feel sorry for them, so they labeled themselves the lower class
    Class is a very obvious social factor. The theory has stood the test of time, we can safely assume there are classes.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.