Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    We haven't really done anything new yet, though. /shrug

Pointless point is pointless.
    Except, you know, for the whole Mists thing - if you hadn't noticed.

I hadn't read the note and thought the "gift" was pretty lame. Why bother at all with anything, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    Ah god damn.., and here I was all exited about that certain big dragon returning yet again
    Even a fantasy game must have a quota of dragons! xD they can't abuse it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    I don't think you know what an analogy is...
    This is made even funnier by definition you linked:
    Nice selective quoting complex you have there, I'll go ahead and include the rest of the quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by spambanjo View Post
    I was pointing out how ridiculous it is to call something a bug when it was clearly human error.
    I also never linked the definition of metaphor in relation to my post lol, maybe you should learn to read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spambanjo View Post
    Nice selective quoting complex you have there, I'll go ahead and include the rest of the quote:

I also never linked the definition of metaphor in relation to my post lol, maybe you should learn to read.
    I didn't say you did. Just that you're clearly aware of the meaning of those words. Making your claim of not "comparing anything with anything" even funnier.
    Last edited by leaks; 2012-11-19 at 03:00 PM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Oh, c'mon everyone knows they have limited resources! What would prefer they worked on a new message or some more dailies?
    I'd rather see a new message than new dailies.

Kind of reminds me of a Christmas party a few years back. My grandma instead of buying gifts gave $10 to each grandchild inside a card. I opened my card and there was no $10. She was 85 when it happened so I knew exactly what happened in that she most likely she forgot. The $10 didn't matter to me in the slightest and I found the whole thing hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its kinda dumb how all we get anymore is the exp and rep increase. I mean it wouldn't be so bad if it was like 25% or something but it's only an 8% increase so it's almost nothing. I miss when they would send you pets like the blizzard bear cub. If they cant send pets why not shirts? or hats? a tabard that has the anniversary year on it? or maybe masks? Or what about intractable items? Like those items where to right click it and something happens. There's so many things they could do but the best choice is just giving us a petty little 8% increase to Exp and rep. I understand they're working on a patch but seriously, is making one of those items really that hard or time consuming? It makes the anniversary more worthy to log in and get the achievement and prize. Other than that it's just another day on WoW.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Google forgot December in calendar in Android 4.2. Blizzard forgot to update the letter. Things like that happen

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    Kind of reminds me of a Christmas party a few years back. My grandma instead of buying gifts gave $10 to each grandchild inside a card. I opened my card and there was no $10. She was 85 when it happened so I knew exactly what happened in that she most likely she forgot. The $10 didn't matter to me in the slightest and I found the whole thing hilarious.
    Clearly your grandma, like Blizzard, does not love you.

Why has no one complained that this package takes up a bag slot yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    come on guys, you know it was probably some intern that published last years mail on accident.....:P

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    come on guys, you know it was probably some intern that published last years mail on accident.....:P
    Maybe next time they'll actually engage in some frigging job creation and pay someone to give enough of a damn to send the right letter.

Keep in mind they probably go to some effort to send these mails - translating them into each localized language, getting an expert to verify that the translation says the right thing, doesn't accidentally contain swear words or slang that is hilariously wrong for the message they're trying to send, etc. It's an involved process.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    I didn't say you did. Just that you're clearly aware of the meaning of those words. Making your claim of not "comparing anything with anything" even funnier.
    You took it out of context, that's the only slightly amusing thing here.

Quote Originally Posted by jn2002dk View Post
    Comparing stabbing someone with sending out the wrong letter in an mmo?
    Nope, didn't compare anything... just made a handful of equally ridiculous statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    So there you have it, it was a bug after all. I mean, it was obvious in the first place, but I guess most people were too busy having a forum tantrum about Blizzard not caring to think clearly for a second
    Except it wasn't a bug. Point me to where the blue says it's a bug. Oh what's that? You can't? That is such a shame, I wonder why you can't point me to it being a bug. Known issue. This is an issue, and it is known. Them being lazy and not changing the letter is an issue, and it's being looked into. Most likely whoever is in charge of updating the letter is being looked into on how valuable their job is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrouswheel View Post
    Except it wasn't a bug. Point me to where the blue says it's a bug. Oh what's that? You can't? That is such a shame, I wonder why you can't point me to it being a bug. Known issue. This is an issue, and it is known. Them being lazy and not changing the letter is an issue, and it's being looked into. Most likely whoever is in charge of updating the letter is being looked into on how valuable their job is.

Not a forum Blue but still someone who works there. But wait, you will still probably say it's a fake.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I've already stated no I don't believe screenshots from some random player. The blue commented on this, and said it was a known issue. Not a bug. Would you like me to load up photoshop and make a GM say you pooped your pants? So again, not a bug, known issue. They are aware how lazy they are and are looking into it.

I've already stated no I don't believe screenshots from some random player. The blue commented on this, and said it was a known issue. Not a bug. Would you like me to load up photoshop and make a GM say you pooped your pants? So again, not a bug, known issue. They are aware how lazy they are and are looking into it.
    Look... I too believe Blizz likes to bust out with Legaleaze sometimes. But what you wrote above is seriously splitting the hairs of a mouse! >_<

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Look... I too believe Blizz likes to bust out with Legaleaze sometimes. But what you wrote above is seriously splitting the hairs of a mouse! >_<
    A bug implies they took the time to make a new letter and send it out but due to a technological problem the old letter was sent, at no fault of Blizzard. The old letter was sent out due to incompetence and laziness and Blizzard has stated that it's a known issue. You can argue if the person in charge of updating it was lazy, or the QA team is incompetent, but you can't argue it was a bug.

A bug implies they took the time to make a new letter and send it out but due to a technological problem the old letter was sent, at no fault of Blizzard. The old letter was sent out due to incompetence and laziness and Blizzard has stated that it's a known issue. You can argue if the person in charge of updating it was lazy, or the QA team is incompetent, but you can't argue it was a bug.
    Fer crying out... $/@&

With 20+ years in the software industry, I can assure you that "known issue" == "bug", albeit in more polite public terms.
    Your distinction is without any merit. Just stop talking.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've already stated no I don't believe screenshots from some random player
    Holy shit take off your tin-foil hat and put down your pitchfork. Do you honestly believe that someone would take the effort to photoshop the text from a GM reply so that they say it's a bug? What would anyone even have to gain from that..
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

That was indeed a bug, and it does not appear that it can be hotfixed.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...44?page=21#407
    Straight from a blue stating it was a bug.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing