Poll: Should circumcision be the person's own choice?

Page 9 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    That's called phimosis and there are far less drastic treatments available for it nowadays.
    Quite, there are various types of steroid cream that get the job done. Only the most severe cases of phimosis require circumcision to treat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    like we're... aborting the foreskin?
    In the end you're deciding for someone who cannot do it on their own thats more what i was trying to say.
    Just because the act is diffrent doesent change that That is the same

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Ok now you've lost the argument completely.
    I wouldnt say it that way, my parents made the correct choice, the only choice in my eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    The foreskin, yes, the ugly part.
    This reminded me of Bioshock for some reason http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE889wZyfbc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Stop being lazy and wash your penis.
    So what is the point of her mouth?

I put my foreskin on my gold chain, and wear it as a neck piece.

Deleted
    Yes it should be our own choice to cut it of, cutting the foreskin of a child is child abuse.

The only time i can accept it is when it's for a medical purpose, when the foreskin is harming the child in a way for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    How about your ass? Do you remove that too?
    relax he just likes penises

They need to put a scientific group together of males who are circumcised and not circumcised and test the sensitivity of them to put to rest this argument.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

I live in a country where circumcision is practically inexistent. I'm not a crying victim since I am not circumcised and will never be, or force my child to be.

You're just a horrible debater that can't form a coherent argument.
    You have used wild assertions and presented them as facts and you call me a horrible debater? I'm just too lazy to seriously argue with you or else I'd just do a simple search of these forums to find the discussion on this matter that happened a few days ago and present you with all of the counterpoints to your wild claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    They need to put a scientific group together of males who are circumcised and not circumcised and test the sensitivity of them to put to rest this argument.
    Such things have been done and no significant difference was discovered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Also, it's not like it stops masturbation, it just makes it harder.
    Chronic masterbater here...I can confirm that it does NOT make it harder.

All jokes aside, in a perfect world all decisions concerning bodily autonomy would belong to the individual. That being said, I have no problem with parents deciding to circumsize their newbornes.

The American Academy of Pediatrics have determined that the benefits of circumcision outweigh the risks, and that's good enough for me.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Have you provided me with scientific information, or have you provided me with a quote acknowledging that people argue about this shit?
    You do realise that there are men that have been circumcised in adulthood that can clarify to you that yes, they do lose sensitivity... now get your head out of your arse.

You have used wild assertions and presented them as facts and you call me a horrible debater? I'm just too lazy to seriously argue with you or else I'd just do a simple search of these forums to find the discussion on this matter that happened a few days ago and present you with all of the counterpoints to your wild claims.
    I guess even the simplified version was too much for you to bear.

Of course it should be up to an informed adult to decide - but they wont have that because for some reason people dont want cutting tools near their genitalia

Deleted
    Go for it. 'I'm too lazy' isn't a valid argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    That sounds like the kind of scientific study I would read about on Cracked.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Chronic masterbater here...I can confirm that it does NOT make it harder.

All jokes aside, in a perfect world all decisions concerning bodily autonomy would belong to the individual. That being said, I have no problem with parents deciding to circumsize their newbornes.

The American Academy of Pediatrics have determined that the benefits of circumcision outweigh the risks, and that's good enough for me.
    What benefits, there are none, unless its medically required.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

I'm personally glad to be circumcised. Since it was the norm for my generation I think being uncut and different from my peers would have been far more psychologically traumatizing. Plus, I like the way it looks and the females of my generation expect it to look that way. I don't feel mutilated or victimized and I don't think any parents are out to purposely harm their child by choosing to have it done. I certainly don't remember any pain or trauma from the experience, if there was any.

Now this doesn't mean I would necessarily circumcise my own son - I'd have to take into the account the cultural norms for his generation. And of course in an ideal world everyone would make their own decisions about their body. But I think you'll find most circumcised US males are fine with their parents' decision. They've lived with it, they're used to it, it's normal to them and there's nothing they can do about it now anyway.

That would be dismemberment.

Fairly accurate.
    I already said it was an accurate enough term, I just think it's a pointlessly dark and biased way of portraying circumcision. Cutting off the foreskin doesn't hobble or cripple a man. At worst it makes sexual intercourse less stimulating. Compare that to, say, shattering someone's leg to prevent them from walking. It should be clear which is the bigger evil. There may be no gain but there's also basically negligible losses. Circumcision, while "technically" mutilation, is not damaging enough to warrant such an ugly description. I'd be more apt to call it body modification.

The American Academy of Pediatrics have determined that the benefits of circumcision outweigh the risks
    They also get a shitton of money for foreskin tissue.

Coincidence? I think not.

Cutting off the foreskin doesn't hobble or cripple a man.
    It does without anesthesia. They practice that, too. You get to look at a nurse while she's cutting you. Seems fun, right?

Circumcision, while "technically" mutilation
    Female Genital Mutilation is called like that. It's the same thing. The world just seems more horrified about it because double standards.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    You do realise that there are men that have been circumcised in adulthood that can clarify to you that yes, they do lose sensitivity... now get your head out of your arse.
    Adult circumcision is different from infant circumcision and carries a lot higher of a risk of complications.

Secondly, I'm not going to trust simply the word of somebody who may be being influenced by preconceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    What benefits, there are none, unless its medically required.
    Oh for the love of god, do a fucking search and find the links in the discussion that happened on this subject a few days ago.

They also get a shitton of money for foreskin tissue.

Coincidence? I think not.
    Then I submit that any organization that claims there are no benefits, etc. are doing it because there are some people getting money for it and they want to hurt their rivals.
    It does without anesthesia. They practice that, too. You get to look at a nurse while she's cutting you. Seems fun, right?[/quit

Female Genital Mutilation is called like that. It's the same thing. The world just seems more horrified about it because double standards.
    FGM is not even comparable to male circumcision. You're comparing a paper cut to a stab wound.
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2012-12-04 at 09:50 PM.