Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    No. NOTHING about your post was rational.
    Respect for your loved ones, but if they died its not the GERMANS fault.
    If you do not Understand that and instead decide to go on the path of blind revenge you're doing it wrong.
    It happened 70 (seventy) years ago. Time to let it go.
    Do the right thing and be RATIONAL about it.
    What do you mean by "there you go"?
    Oh right, time to discredit his point and all that he said cause he's an "anti-Semite" isn't he?
    That's perfect, exactly what you were waiting for huh?
    Basically, if you ignore everything I have said and make me out like someone thrusting blame. You have no reply to what I am actually saying? I have not insulted or called anyone names. I repeadedly said not all germans were bad, that is my whole point here. If you need to make stuff up that I did not say, don't reply.

Who is the 'anti-Semite', what the hell are you talking about?

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 06:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Based on Japanese principles of honor, I'm pretty sure the Japanese Officer, from whom the sword was taken, would respect the mans honor and integrity. Plus dying for the Emperor was kind of a big deal.
    Let's ask him how he feels!!!!

And no, he feels remorse because he killed people under false pretenses. There were plenty of soldiers who never felt that remorse, who went to their death beds proud of all the "Japs they roasted".
    But, the people he killed are still dead, pretenses don't make them come back...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post

Uhm... The reason he feels remorse, is because he killed someone. Lets ask the people he killed, how they feel about his remorse.

You are the one calling him a monster, I am not here to call people names.
    And still you keep going at it. You just can't understand can you?

Basically, if you ignore everything I have said and make me out like someone thrusting blame. You have no reply to what I am actually saying? I have not insulted or called anyone names. I repeadedly said not all germans were bad, that is my whole point here. If you need to make stuff up that I did not say, don't reply.

But, the people he killed are still dead, pretenses don't make them come back...
    Neither does acting like the mans remorse or regret isn't meaningful.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiphon View Post
    @Felya:

This is the point.

In war ordinary people do things that are terrible in peacetime.

Blame the war, not the people.
    Yet, there are ordinary people who don't do the terrible things at war and ordinary people who do terrible things at peace time. It's like, the reaction depends on the individual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    1: bullshit. 2:they were dropped AFTER surrender. 3: any american involved in that is a war criminal. I say we start rounding them up.
    I'm going to assume you haven't actually studied the history of these events, and honestly believe some propaganda. Of course you might be a nation bashing troll.

History on the War in Japan.

1. The Japanese where considering surrender with to the USA , they were hesitate to unconditionally surrender because they feared the US would accuse the Emperor of War Crimes.
    2. The Japanese did not communicate with the US that they wanted to conditionally surrender.
    3. The US was communicating to Japan to Unconditionally Surrender 'Or Else'
    4. US military experts calculated that an invasion of the Mainland of Japan would cost almost 1 million American lives, and a minimum of 5-10 million Japanese effectively wiping the race from the Earth.
    5. The US built 2 Nuclear weapons and the President decided to listen to the military advisers and force Japan to surrender.
    6. the first weapon was dropped. Everyone in the world was told what it was what the US did, and everyone in the world was stunned buy the level of destructive force, people in China and Korea claim to have seen the flash of light in the morning sky.
    7. the Japanese government was stunned, they didn't know how to respond to the Nuclear weapon. It was too horrifying for them to comprehend.
    8. The Soviets Declare war on Japan
    9. the second weapon drops.
    10. The Emperor Orders Japan to immediately Surrender to the US his only order during the entire war.

Yet, there are ordinary people who don't do the terrible things at war and ordinary people who do terrible things at peace time. It's like, the reaction depends on the individual.
    Yeah, but what are the terrible things are we accusing the guard of?

Did he kill anyone? Did he torture anyone? Can we prove it?

10+ Year Old Account
    If it were up to me I'd let the guy walk.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    And still you keep going at it. You just can't understand can you?
    Can you tell me what I don't understand, instead of asking?

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 06:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Yeah, but what are the terrible things are we accusing the guard of?

Did he kill anyone? Did he torture anyone? Can we prove it?
    I guess we will go to court and see.

Oh just give up and leave the old fuck alone.

Can you tell me what I don't understand, instead of asking?

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 06:41 PM ----------

Oh yeah? Which court? Austria and Germany HAVE the guys file and have no interest in prosecuting the case. At this point it's literally nothing more than another chapter in a 65+ year witch hunt. We deport him, then what? He goes to Germany, maybe with, maybe without his family, to live out the few years he has remaining of his life, in a country where he will be ostracized despite never actually being charged with a crime.
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

You can't take someone to court without accusing them of a crime first....

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither does acting like the mans remorse or regret isn't meaningful.
    It depends on the person. Remorse is meaningless if you not only get pissed of but are insulting to those who don't accept it. What sort of remorse is there, for someone who understands the horrors of war, but would call someone stupid for not accepting it. A person who is truly remorseful can accept the fact that thse who were close to the dead would not accept it. If the remorse is not for the victims of hs actions, than what was it? If an angel comes to him in his sleep and tells him the Japanese soldier thinks his remorse is moot, would he be any less remorseful?

Deleted

Want me to quote your post again?
    Why don't you just say "guys I'm sorry I misunderstood the message behind his post"...

It depends on the person. Remorse is meaningless if you not only get pissed of but are insulting to those who don't accept it. What sort of remorse is there, for someone who understands the horrors of war, but would call someone stupid for not accepting it. A person who is truly remorseful can accept the fact that thse who were close to the dead would not accept it. If the remorse is not for the victims of hs actions, than what was it? If an angel comes to him in his sleep and tells him the Japanese soldier thinks his remorse is moot, would he be any less remorseful?
    Right because angels are real. We're done here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah? Which court? Austria and Germany HAVE the guys file and have no interest in prosecuting the case. At this point it's literally nothing more than another chapter in a 65+ year witch hunt.
    Than, what is the problem?

We deport him, then what? He goes to Germany, maybe with, maybe without his family, to live out the few years he has remaining of his life, in a country where he will be ostracized despite never actually being charged with a crime.
    Public opinion is not something you are charged with.

Then what is he charged with?

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Then what is he charged with?
    Being, zi german!

Than, what is the problem?

Why is he being deported when Nazi's are deported under the pretense of standing trial for war crimes? War crimes for which neither country with the capacity to charge him with, is pursuing. They're literally ruining what's left of this mans life for no reason other than Sharon Siegal gets to add "bagged a Nazi" to her resume.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    I'm going to assume you haven't actually studied the history of these events, and honestly believe some propaganda. Of course you might be a nation bashing troll.

History on the War in Japan.

1. The Japanese where considering surrender with to the USA , they were hesitate to unconditionally surrender because they feared the US would accuse the Emperor of War Crimes.
    2. The Japanese did not communicate with the US that they wanted to conditionally surrender.
    3. The US was communicating to Japan to Unconditionally Surrender 'Or Else'
    4. US military experts calculated that an invasion of the Mainland of Japan would cost almost 1 million American lives, and a minimum of 5-10 million Japanese effectively wiping the race from the Earth.
    5. The US built 2 Nuclear weapons and the President decided to listen to the military advisers and force Japan to surrender.
    6. the first weapon was dropped. Everyone in the world was told what it was what the US did, and everyone in the world was stunned buy the level of destructive force, people in China and Korea claim to have seen the flash of light in the morning sky.
    7. the Japanese government was stunned, they didn't know how to respond to the Nuclear weapon. It was too horrifying for them to comprehend.
    8. The Soviets Declare war on Japan
    9. the second weapon drops.
    10. The Emperor Orders Japan to immediately Surrender to the US his only order during the entire war.
    Not you and your points again

10+ Year Old Account
    Right because angels are real. We're done here.
    That's the point... All your condolences, remorse, regrets and everything else is moot for the dead. Because they are dead...