Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted

I'm pretty excited for this movie simply because of Del Torror, I figure he will deliver with it and he kind of needs to if I want to see an At The Mountain of Madness movie.

His just having problems with big bro. I am guessing he wanted a real film but the group wants money making brainwashing movies.
    ...as usual, agree and you will get the work done or not, then get humiliated and have you're hard work be thrown in the garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomia View Post
    His just having problems with big bro. I am guessing he wanted a real film but the group wants money making brainwashing movies.
    ...as usual, agree and you will get the work done or not, then get humiliated and have you're hard work be thrown in the garbage.
    ...what? O_o

I won't see this. Jax Teller and Stringer Bell team up to fight aliens... with giant robots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I won't see this. Jax Teller and Stringer Bell team up to fight aliens... with giant robots.
    Cheers for letting us know, your input is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    I'm pretty excited for this movie simply because of Del Torror, I figure he will deliver with it and he kind of needs to if I want to see an At The Mountain of Madness movie.
    I've got to admit, it genuinely pains me to know that he never carried on with The Mountain of Madness, because he believed it had too many similar premises to Prometheus. God, what a disappointing trade off that was.

First set of trailers dident get me, but these latest ones did. I think it will be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I've got to admit, it genuinely pains me to know that he never carried on with The Mountain of Madness, because he believed it had too many similar premises to Prometheus. God, what a disappointing trade off that was.
    I heard it was because he wanted to big of a budget and refused to make it PG-13 instead of R.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    I heard it was because he wanted to big of a budget and refused to make it PG-13 instead of R.
    That too, a combination of tedium brought the whole thing down.

http://collider.com/at-the-mountains...ss-prometheus/

In my experience, movies with EXTREMELY HUGE THINGS moving around always make me cringe. Since they can never get the physics of such a large scale right, they end up sitting firmly in the uncanny valley and ruining whatever suspension of disbelief I might have had in the first place. Cloverfield kinda sorta worked because you could almost never see the creature completely and the movie was made from "personal" perspective, you could actually feel the size of the creature. Having an entire movie BASED on giant creatures fighting doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    A nice short fight scene here, no spoilers as far as I can tell.

Deleted
    Haha movie looks like a blockbuster should : fun.
    Something a lot of films have disspointed me in this year.

Definate popcorn flick with friends. i'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    In my experience, movies with EXTREMELY HUGE THINGS moving around always make me cringe. Since they can never get the physics of such a large scale right, they end up sitting firmly in the uncanny valley and ruining whatever suspension of disbelief I might have had in the first place. Cloverfield kinda sorta worked because you could almost never see the creature completely and the movie was made from "personal" perspective, you could actually feel the size of the creature. Having an entire movie BASED on giant creatures fighting doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy.
    Do you have an example of what didn't work? The only time I can really see it being a problem is if they move too fast or the effects are simply poorly executed.

Meh, Godzilla meets 2013. Was never a fan of those big things. I guess I only got attracted to Transformers do to my youth. But somehow it looks amazing. No idea why, but I guess Ill give it a catch.
    Last edited by bondgirl; 2013-06-30 at 06:22 PM.

Deleted
    Although the film looks good honestly the main reason I'm going to be seeing it is simply because they have the voice actor for Glados as the computer in it

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a typical, actiony, "Michael baysplosions" film that you see for the CGI awesomeness, and not any sort of story... A "stupid fun" movie. I'll be monumentally surprised if it's anything beyond that.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I'm pretty excited for this. I am expecting action and entertainment, nothing more. And I'm okay with that.

Who care's about the plot? It's freaking skyscraper sized robots fighting giant monsters with container ships! Maybe they will use an airliner as a javelin...

10+ Year Old Account
    Great fillm

Striker Eureka and Gypsy Danger were awesome. I felt like I saw real gundams.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.