Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Nah, just genocide.

Who do you think we are.
    Oh perhaps your right, Garrosh's grand scheme has genocide for Alliance races and using his former friends of Horde races as the slaves to build a glorious empire on par with the Mogu.

the core was most likely the blood elves since they have the greatest understanding in that matter, the casing seems to be goblin made lots of uneven places not spherical enough for blood elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Who built the nuclear weapon and who built the ICBM to deliver it aren't relevant really, the one who ordered its use is what matters.

Nice spin on it but that's simply a stinky pile of kodo crap. The Alliance had no intention nor any idea the Divine Bell could be weaponised at the time, the Horde made it clear they sought to weaponise the Sha by using Mogu tech, so the Alliance made a point of denying it from them. Jaina placed a ward over Darnassus to prevent ANYONE from absconding with it, not just the Horde. When she found the portal lead to Dalaran it was clear whom the culprits were.
    than WHY didn't they destroy the bell? they had it, they knew it was dangerous, so much that they didn't want the horde to have it. why didn't they break it into pieces?

garrosh destroyed it, so surely malfurion could do it too.

The Horde's mission is to commit genocide and enslave the Alliance after stealing and ravaging their land, the Alliance's mission is to prevent them from doing that (for OBVIOUS reasons) and beat them back into the hovels they belong in. You should take a cue from your name and check your facts before you delude yourself with BS.
    you know you are wrong. the horde's mission has always been survival of the races that take part in it in a world that doesn't want them. recently garrosh has twisted this mission with the idea that as long as the alliance exists, the horde races, specially the orcs who are "more important" than the other races, will never have freedom, but that's exactly why the horde itself is going to rebel against him.

please stop purposefully spreading nonsense.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 06:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I assumed it looked different because it had to be altered with the Iris, and probably other "adjustments."

I mean, the one in Terrokar looked elegant enough because it was sat nicely on the ground. It would probably need a protective coat if it was going to be flying around the sky, at risk of Alliance detonating it with anti-aircraft stuff.
    even if we assume that it needed a coat and it had to be metallic, the way the plates all have different sizes as if they were originally intended to be used for something else is very very goblinish. blood elves would at the very least make it well made lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    than WHY didn't they destroy the bell? they had it, they knew it was dangerous, so much that they didn't want the horde to have it. why didn't they break it into pieces?
    Because they don't know what would happen if they did?

He destroyed it after Anduin used it to play a harmonious Light note which stunned and dazed him. Unlike the Horde, who has no problem throwing away the lives of Blood Elves to "research" Mogu tech, often resulting in it blowing up in their faces, the Alliance isn't willing to piss away their lives and unleashing hell. They made it clear, numerous times, they want to prevent the Horde from using it, not use it themselves.

you know you are wrong. the horde's mission has always been survival of the races that take part in it in a world that doesn't want them.
    Wrong, if the Alliance wanted to exterminate the Horde they'd have been doing what the Horde has been doing to the Alliance since Cataclysm, which is invasion, murder, atrocities. The Alliance hasn't ever had unchecked aggression towards the horde; everything has been retaliatory and punative to Horde aggression, and put aside for focusing on larger threats. Horde aggression which was either subversively done like Sylvanas, or reined in by Thrall. The "mission of survival" is bogus BS and thats crystal clear now. They want to thrive at the expense of Alliance races, at least the ORCS do, and to a lesser extent Forsaken.

recently garrosh has twisted this mission with the idea that as long as the alliance exists, the horde races, specially the orcs who are "more important" than the other races, will never have freedom, but that's exactly why the horde itself is going to rebel against him.
    The Horde has freedom, they can do whatever they want, within their own lands, Alliance laws don't comply but Horde ones do. The Horde seems to think freedom encompasses taking what you want from others simply because you want or need it (Orcs) or legitimizing murder under pretenses of vengeance towards people whom aren't responsible for their condition (Forsaken).

please stop purposefully spreading nonsense.
    No nonsense here, just a fact check for the rampant Horde fanboism endlessly trying to portray the horde as victims instead of the perpetrators they are. You are die-hard Forsaken lover so it's hard to reason with your cult of Sylvanas.

No nonsense here, just a fact check for the rampant Horde fanboism endlessly trying to portray the horde as victims instead of the perpetrators they are. You are die-hard Forsaken lover so it's hard to reason with your cult of Sylvanas.
    I play both factions. the forsaken are my favorite, but as someone with over 40 toons, it's obviously not the only race I play. now I ask you:

why did the alliance attack the blood elves in silvermoon who were just fighting the scourge and taking their lands back from it?

what reasons did the alliance have to attack stonard other than "we don't want them there"? is that a better reason than attacking ashenvale because it has resources they don't find in the desert and the elves don't want to let them get them peacefully?

why did the alliance capture thrall when he was going to save the world?

why did varian declare war to thrall after the battle for the undercity knowing that everything that had happened was due to horde traitors (jaina explained that to him) who had already been put down?

why did the alliance enslave pandaren to work for them in the jade forest?

I am no horde fanboy. in fact I RP all my characters as being neutral to the conflict. but wherever I see people twisting the obvious truth, I'll not stand idly watching it. the alliance is not, and has never been the 'innocent victims of the evil horde'.

garrosh is a bad, bad orc. but don't think for a second that the horde = garrosh.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 07:42 PM ----------

He destroyed it after Anduin used it to play a harmonious Light note which stunned and dazed him. Unlike the Horde, who has no problem throwing away the lives of Blood Elves to "research" Mogu tech, often resulting in it blowing up in their faces, the Alliance isn't willing to piss away their lives and unleashing hell. They made it clear, numerous times, they want to prevent the Horde from using it, not use it themselves.
    I think you are fogetting about WC3 when tyrande killed her own kind to free her friendzoned.

or maybe the suicide bomber worgen in silverpine forest.

or the thousands of people that varian leaves to starve in westfall.

the alliance is no faction of saints.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 07:43 PM ----------

also, we're going a bit off-topic. this thread is about the mana bomb lol

Deleted
    A mana bomb found in outland 5 years ago.
    A mana bomb built today.

Gee wizz they couldn't possibly have made adjustment or improvements to it when building a new one now could they?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    A mana bomb found in outland 5 years ago.
    A mana bomb built today.

Gee wizz they couldn't possibly have made adjustment or improvements to it when building a new one now could they?
    improving would mean it's better.

the payload may be a lot stronger but that's because it had the focusing iris in it. the design itself is inferior and very goblin.

Are you sure you've done the Alliance side of these quests? You claim you've got a bunch of cross-faction alts, but I don't know...
    The bell wasn't breakable until Anduin used the mallet on it. Garrosh was sitting there striking it, over and over before that.

From the quest, Breath of Darkest Shadow, we witness Garrosh striking the Bell repeatedly to put Sha into his troops. The Bell starts to crack when Anduin uses the Mallet on it, NOT from Garrosh. Garrosh knocks Anduin into the Bell.

You have this tinfoil idea that maybe the Alliance didn't destroy the Bell because they wanted it for themselves. Truth is, they didn't know how to destroy it until Anduin found the mallet. The whole Shieldwall questline is about how to keep Garrosh from using the Bell, not about using it themselves. In fact, during the "Heart of the Alliance" segment, all the Alliance leaders -- including Jaina -- capture a Sha and discuss using it the way Garrosh wants to. They decide against it.

you know you are wrong. the horde's mission has always been survival of the races that take part in it in a world that doesn't want them. recently garrosh has twisted this mission with the idea that as long as the alliance exists, the horde races, specially the orcs who are "more important" than the other races, will never have freedom, but that's exactly why the horde itself is going to rebel against him.
    So weird that the Horde players can disassociate themselves with Garrosh's actions, when in the Dominance Offensive it is the players themselves directly helping to arm Garrosh with his latest WMD, knowing full well what he intends to do with it.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    But that's the thing, "beautiful" needs time. Garrosh gave none, he just wanted to deliver his payload.
    This is so much like sex.

Deleted
    I play both factions. the forsaken are my favorite, but as someone with over 40 toons, it's obviously not the only race I play. now I ask you:

why did the alliance attack the blood elves in silvermoon who were just fighting the scourge and taking their lands back from it?

what reasons did the alliance have to attack stonard other than "we don't want them there"? is that a better reason than attacking ashenvale because it has resources they don't find in the desert and the elves don't want to let them get them peacefully?

why did the alliance capture thrall when he was going to save the world?

why did varian declare war to thrall after the battle for the undercity knowing that everything that had happened was due to horde traitors (jaina explained that to him) who had already been put down?

why did the alliance enslave pandaren to work for them in the jade forest?

I am no horde fanboy. in fact I RP all my characters as being neutral to the conflict. but wherever I see people twisting the obvious truth, I'll not stand idly watching it. the alliance is not, and has never been the 'innocent victims of the evil horde'.

garrosh is a bad, bad orc. but don't think for a second that the horde = garrosh.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 07:42 PM ----------

I think you are fogetting about WC3 when tyrande killed her own kind to free her friendzoned.

or maybe the suicide bomber worgen in silverpine forest.

or the thousands of people that varian leaves to starve in westfall.

the alliance is no faction of saints.
    Lemme see if I can answer all of them!

1. There was much animosity between the two races due to many human towns, close the elven borders that had been destroyed (Garithos lost his wife and children, and blamed the elves, who were close enough to watch it happen, with armed forces, could have saved the humans, but chose not to)

2. Attacking stonard? as in attacking it in Cata? Stonard is the very first orcish settlement created on Azeroth, it was from where the invasion launched, and it was in swamp of sorrows that the Horde (the dark horde) and the alliance first fought. As that, it is very much a military encampment as much as a settlement, and not just that, its a point from where the Horde would be able to launch attacks into the heartland of the kingdom of stormwind.

3. Because alliance do stupid stuff, same as the Horde.

4. Varian was mightly pissed because he had been made into a slave and gladiator, who fought for the amusement of orcs in Ogrimmar? That guy was as pissed as Garrosh used to be. (or still is rather)

5. Why did the orcs and forsaken kidnap pandaren children to force the parents to work for them? (hint, its the same exact reason)

Bonus round explanation!

I believe you've gotten your original question answered though!
    The new manabomb, was made, using the focusing iris (a one of a kind artifact owned and protected by the blue dragonflight) which guardians were murdered, and then stolen, The bomb created hastily by blood elves answering to Garrosh (and not so much to lorthemar) and "perfected" by goblins.
    Used on Theramore, where it wiped out, any possible timeline containing theramore, as well as horribly warping those that were hit, letting them feel almost an eternity of agony as their blood began to writhe under the skin, their bodies warped and contorted, and then was no more.
    Yes, every conceivable timeline with theramore was affected, the area itself is rend with temporal and arcane distortion, portals opening at random showing darkness, or unknown worlds, or vistas more akin to the skies of outlands.
    It is a wound on the world that cannot heal.

We even know the name of the elf who headed the project, he was mentioned earlier.
    You may not like the idea, but lore in the book states, very factly that its blood elves who were the basis for the creation of the mana bomb, without them, it could not have been made, and there is clear mention of blood elves working on it, and even the project leaders name mentioned.

Personal opinion
    You mentioned that the Horde are just struggling to fit into a world that does not want them.

I would personally say its a world where they do not belong, The orcs and their concept of the Horde should not be. They should have been nomadic clans on another planet, they have no place on a Titan-ordered world, they are not of old gods nor titan creations (or a devolution of said creations) they are, foreign.
    Then again, so are the Draenei. :P

You have this tinfoil idea that maybe the Alliance didn't destroy the Bell because they wanted it for themselves. Truth is, they didn't know how to destroy it until Anduin found the mallet. The whole Shieldwall questline is about how to keep Garrosh from using the Bell, not about using it themselves. In fact, during the "Heart of the Alliance" segment, all the Alliance leaders -- including Jaina -- capture a Sha and discuss using it the way Garrosh wants to. They decide against it.
    I just wanted to reiterate that point.

I didnt go into the whole purge of Dalaran, nor the bell as I felt it was a bit off-topic, but this guy here. He hits it on the nail.
    They couldnt, and they wouldnt.
    Last edited by mmocd6697ae64a; 2012-12-15 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Are you sure you've done the Alliance side of these quests? You claim you've got a bunch of cross-faction alts, but I don't know...
    The bell wasn't breakable until Anduin used the mallet on it. Garrosh was sitting there striking it, over and over before that.
    I haven't done the alliance quests because MoP is pretty alt unfriendly. all my alliance toons are still 85-88 lol

but I've watched videos of their side of the questline in order not to be late on lore. I must have missed the sha claw part you're talking about, I'll check it out.

EDIT: I just watched it. well, it does seem like varian, anduin, nobundo, genn and tyrande don't like the sha but... jaina remained awefully quiet during the whole meeting. why was she even there if she wasn't gonna say a word?

suspicious. I can't say anything for now, but my gut is telling me that she wanted to wait and see if varian would like the idea of making weapons out of the sha or not, and since he didn't, she remained quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    So weird that the Horde players can disassociate themselves with Garrosh's actions, when in the Dominance Offensive it is the players themselves directly helping to arm Garrosh with his latest WMD, knowing full well what he intends to do with it.
    that's because we make a pact with vol'jin to follow garrosh and get close to him, while looking for allies to fight against him when the time is right.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 08:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kimx1636 View Post
    Lemme see if I can answer all of them!

1. There was much animosity between the two races due to many human towns, close the elven borders that had been destroyed (Garithos lost his wife and children, and blamed the elves, who were close enough to watch it happen, with armed forces, could have saved the humans, but chose not to)

2. Attacking stonard? as in attacking it in Cata? Stonard is the very first orcish settlement created on Azeroth, it was from where the invasion launched, and it was in swamp of sorrows that the Horde (the dark horde) and the alliance first fought. As that, it is very much a military encampment as much as a settlement, and not just that, its a point from where the Horde would be able to launch attacks into the heartland of the kingdom of stormwind.

3. Because alliance do stupid stuff, same as the Horde.

4. Varian was mightly pissed because he had been made into a slave and gladiator, who fought for the amusement of orcs in Ogrimmar? That guy was as pissed as Garrosh used to be. (or still is rather)

5. Why did the orcs and forsaken kidnap pandaren children to force the parents to work for them? (hint, its the same exact reason)
    you kinda proved my point. the alliance isn't any better than the horde. both sides have their justifications and both sides do stupid shit from time to time, but constellation wants to believe the alliance is the faction of saintly victims.
    Last edited by checking facts; 2012-12-15 at 08:40 PM.

Deleted
    improving would mean it's better.

the payload may be a lot stronger but that's because it had the focusing iris in it. the design itself is inferior and very goblin.
    Who says the design is inferior? In design all matter, not just how it looks, but also how it works and in this case, how it can be protected, built fast and delivered.

Who says the design is inferior? In design all matter, not just how it looks, but also how it works and in this case, how it can be protected, built fast and delivered.
    that case is bad. it's not just a matter of looks. those metal plates of different sizes randomly riveted to one another are just asking to concentrate tensions and break. not to mention it's open on the sides. it offers no "protection" or whatsoever to the bomb. trust me, I'm an engineer(ing student) lol

Deleted
    that case is bad. it's not just a matter of looks. those metal plates of different sizes randomly riveted to one another are just asking to concentrate tensions and break. not to mention it's open on the sides. it offers no "protection" or whatsoever to the bomb. trust me, I'm an engineer(ing student) lol
    You keep ignoring the core and the timing.

You keep ignoring the core and the timing.
    what core and what timing are you talking about?

Deleted
    you kinda proved my point. the alliance isn't any better than the horde. both sides have their justifications and both sides do stupid shit from time to time, but constellation wants to believe the alliance is the faction of saintly victims.
    Not really, Constellation is mostly pointing out that, you SEEM to be insinuating that the alliance wanted to use the Bell for themselves, when in fact, it was a mere case of them being unable to destroy said bell.

As far as EVERYONE knew, noone could destroy it, which is why, better safe keep it? and what place would be best for safe keeping an artifact that seems to powerful?

Personally, I would have tossed it into a volcano, but I guess Darnassus is praised in lore for being very inaccessible to enemies of kaldorei?

As much as we like to theorycraft and use tinfoil hats, lore states that the alliance tried to safe keep the hammer, while Garrosh seeks the hammer to subjugate Azeroth, he is going to the point where when he hears about how cruel and malicious the Mogu were his reaction is "Oh! I'd like to learn from them!" Yes, he wants to learn from the race that thrives from making other races their slaves, not living on their own free from the oppression of other races.

ALSO an additional fact about the mana bomb, it is not made FROM the focusing iris, it is merely augmented from it.

And I wanted to add this, for giggles:
    Following the successful campaign, the army journeyed back to Durotar where it experienced a split: those who approved of the use of the mana bomb headed to Orgrimmar, and those who did not journeyed to Razor Hill. Malkorok and those heading to Orgrimmar were greeted at the entrance by the orcish people who chanted Garrosh's name. After Garrosh gives a rousing speech of the past, present and future of the Horde's dominion, those present all joined into a "Death to the Alliance!" chant.

While Garrosh and others celebrated in Orgrimmar, Malkorok led Kor'kron forces to Razor Hill. There, he scrutinized Kelantir Bloodblade and Frandis Farley for speaking against Garrosh, and casually murdered the two with frag grenades after leaving.
    FYI, he didnt just blow them up, he blew up the entire Razor Hill inn.

Also, we have giant flying battleships! if you can explain that as an engineer, I will be more than happy to accept such reasons for the mana bomb.
    Its a game, and games follow the "rule of cool" and less the rules of material tension strength and standard engineering.
    Actually, by such reasoning most of the armor in the game would be impractical to the point of absurdity!

Personal prediction

We will be fighting Malkorok during the siege of Ogrimmar, and we will come to understand that he is no mere Blackrock Orc.

I am calling it now (wild speculation) Malkorok is a demon in disguise, here to weaken Azeroth before the return of the Legion.

Deleted
    what core and what timing are you talking about?
    The Blue Dragonflight's Focusing Iris, it was built around it. And it took less than a month from its capture to being used as a bomb on Theramore.

Also, we have giant flying battleships! if you can explain that as an engineer, I will be more than happy to accept such reasons for the mana bomb.
    I'm not saying the case will not work. I'm saying it's badly made like all goblin tech. somehow goblin tech works 60% of the time.

that case is definitely goblin tech. I can't see what's inside, but the things I can see smell like goblin.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 08:58 PM ----------

The Blue Dragonflight's Focusing Iris. And it took less than a month from its capture to being used as a bomb on Theramore.
    so what? proper welding doesn't take much time, goblins just don't like to do it lol

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 09:01 PM ----------

Not really, Constellation is mostly pointing out that, you SEEM to be insinuating that the alliance wanted to use the Bell for themselves, when in fact, it was a mere case of them being unable to destroy said bell.
    no, this is what constellation is mostly pointing out:

The Horde's mission is to commit genocide and enslave the Alliance after stealing and ravaging their land, the Alliance's mission is to prevent them from doing that (for OBVIOUS reasons) and beat them back into the hovels they belong in. You should take a cue from your name and check your facts before you delude yourself with BS.

Deleted
    I'm not saying the case will not work. I'm saying it's badly made like all goblin tech. somehow goblin tech works 60% of the time.

that case is definitely goblin tech. I can't see what's inside, but the things I can see smell like goblin.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 08:58 PM ----------

so what? proper welding doesn't take much time, goblins just don't like to do it lol
    So you are Engineering student of Magic and Alien Alloys?

We don't know how the Focusing Iris works or how much time the Outland Blood Elves took to build a Mana Bomb.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because real life conditions apply to a game? Design doesn´t matter for a bomb if does what its supposed to, and this clearly does.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.