Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Deleted
    Yeah cars. Seriously, they are extremely dangerous. Anyone can get license to drive one and buy one, and just drive in crowd. Thise kind of incidents have happened with fatal consequences, but still cars are not prohibited by law.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Yeah cars. Seriously, they are extremely dangerous. Anyone can get license to drive one and buy one, and just drive in crowd. Thise kind of incidents have happened with fatal consequences, but still cars are not prohibited by law.
    Cars are not prohibited, yet require registration, training, a licence and insurance. I do not think it is unfair to apply the same thing to firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Cars are not prohibited, yet require registration, training, a licence and insurance. I do not think it is unfair to apply the same thing to firearms.
    Let's not forget the exhaustive regulation governing their design as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/downl...f-f-4473-1.pdf
    I agree with training. Even a quick gun safety NRA course. They're readily available all over.
    There are different licenses.
    Insurance for guns?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    We have http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/downl...f-f-4473-1.pdf
    I agree with training. Even a quick gun safety NRA course. They're readily available all over.
    There are different licenses.
    Insurance for guns?
    Why not insurance for guns? Liability insurance should be a must, even if it is only a few measly dollars.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really have an issue against those (other than insurance in on the fence on that), but I don't want to see gun ownership become something that's burdensome and restrictive to poor people. It's sort of like the proposed voter ID laws.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    I don't really have an issue against those (other than insurance in on the fence on that), but I don't want to see gun ownership become something that's burdensome and restrictive to poor people. It's sort of like the proposed voter ID laws.
    It is the poorest people most likely to use them illegally or have them stolen, since they do not have the means to secure them properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not insurance for guns? Liability insurance should be a must, even if it is only a few measly dollars.
    Why is that?
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Why is that?
    If they are insured they are accounted for, no "losing" them or being careless.

10+ Year Old Account
    That I agree with, it seems it is a difficult thing for most people to grasp.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet motor vehicles are regulated heavily, are they not?
    Problem is, people who want to ban or make guns extremely restrictive are under the same umbrella as people who want storage, training, and background checks. People who want to respect the second amendment and want legislation that doesnt infringe upon our rights shouldn't be under the gun control banner. It causes division and confusion.

- - - Updated - - -

It is the poorest people most likely to use them illegally or have them stolen, since they do not have the means to secure them properly.
    Doesn't mean yet need to have their rights severely hindered. The true test of freedom comes when it has consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can, and mostly likely will, still do both. I don't understand how liability insurance would stop accidents or "theft."

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you could call your local PD when they're stolen or missing. If you don't and they're used in a crime you would get fined or face light jail time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Or you could call your local PD when they're stolen or missing. If you don't and they're used in a crime you would get fined or face light jail time.
    The problem is hard up people sell them, then report them stolen, if I had my way I would have a 2 strikes and you are banned system, would stop people being so careless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    hey look you're wrong yet again color me shocked i dont go shooting to feel a sense of power i go cause its fun had a rough week great way to relieve stress put a couple hundred rounds down range maybe if you actually tried it then i could take you seriously till then just stop
    Can't you just go home, choke the chicken for a few minutes and call it a day? Very similar effects on the brain anyway, except with a gun you actually feel like your cock is much bigger than it actually is.

You can also argue that using that gun to let off some steam would be more effective if it were actual people you were shooting at. Would that give you a larger high or make you "harder"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    Can't you just go home, choke the chicken for a few minutes and call it a day? Very similar effects on the brain anyway, except with a gun you actually feel like your cock is much bigger than it actually is.

You can also argue that using that gun to let off some steam would be more effective if it were actual people you were shooting at. Would that give you a larger high or make you "harder"?
    Spoken as a person who has never enjoyed the calming effect that target shooting can have...

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Ideally, a ban on production and importing of any firearm with a detachable magazine.
    So ban the guns not used in crimes.
    What sense does that make?
    Handguns is what you want to ban.

- - - Updated - - -

Cars or having a license to drive a car is a privilege.
    In America according to our constitution it is a right (to own a firearm) not a privilege so stop the comparisons.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=lockedout;22147088]So ban the guns not used in crimes.
    What sense does that make?
    Handguns is what you want to ban. [QUOTE]

Still wouldnt work, the Mossberg M500 is in the top 10 most used guns for crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's just make it illegal to use guns to commit crimes! Problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Spoken as a person who has never enjoyed the calming effect that target shooting can have...
    DAMN!!!!!!!!!!

Can I be omnicient as yourself?

Calming effect! just have your wife/girl/husband/boy slap you a few times, you will feel right as new.

Exercise does a much better job at calming a person and relieving stress, leave it to an American to make shooting a therapeutic exercise, where all they have to do is move a finger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    Exercise does a much better job at calming a person and relieving stress
    Try doing that shit with arthritis, boy.